Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I like the jersey.

Does anyone know why the NY was included? I mean, I know Buffalo’s in the state of New York. Every team’s in a state or province.

Was there a reason or a concept behind the decision that anyone’s aware of? Perhaps I missed a conversation.

Better question: Did the Sabres propose this, did the league propose this, did advertisers propose this, or did broadcasters propose this?

Edited by Neo

I like the jersey.

Does anyone know why the NY was included? I mean, I know Buffalo’s in the state of New York. Every teams in a state or province.

Was there a reason or a concept behind the decision that anyone’s aware of? Perhaps I missed a conversation.

I think its something about it the game being between 2 NYS teams.

I like the jersey.

Does anyone know why the NY was included? I mean, I know Buffalo’s in the state of New York. Every team’s in a state or province.

Better question: Did the Sabres propose this, did the league propose this, did advertisers propose this, or did broadcasters propose this?

It was actually the NHL's decision to put the New York on the bottom of our logo. The Sabres fought against it but lost. The league was trying to make it look as a rivalry between New York and New York

It was actually the NHL's decision to put the New York on the bottom of our logo. The Sabres fought against it but lost. The league was trying to make it look as a rivalry between New York and New York

Jon-Stewart-Saying-Why-Daily-Show.gif?ss

Those are...not that good.

Yeah the more I look at them the more I dislike them. Why do they continue to screw this up? I feel like anyone but a handful of posters here could have hit this outta the park. Instead... We get fugliness.

They are getting rave reviews all over, even outside of Buffalo.

You could tell me the every person on God's Green earth is getting aroused by them and I'll still tell you they suck. They just don't make sense and are not appealing to the eye. I guess the screaming goat head, Buffaslug and turd burgers have made it so anything other than a complete abomination is considered a success.

Or what dark said.

They're getting rave reviews because Buffalo is a town full of people who accept and enshrine mediocre efforts.

I get that, but to LTS's point, I don't think that's the cause for much of the admiration of the jerseys, as it's the outside-of-Buffalo demographic that I've noticed the most positive reaction.

I think it's the opposite to what you are saying: perfectly valid viewpoint though it is, the most negative reactions I've seen is from the Buffalonians you speak of.

You could tell me the every person on God's Green earth is getting aroused by them and I'll still tell you they suck. They just don't make sense and are not appealing to the eye. I guess the screaming goat head, Buffaslug and turd burgers have made it so anything other than a complete abomination is considered a success.

Or what dark said.

Again, it's the outside of Sabres fans reaction I've noticed the most positivity with regards to these jerseys.

Damn that is a great movie.

"Okay design team, whaddaya got?"

"Hear me out: Classic home whites..."

"Yeahh???"

"...but all f*cked up."

"Run it!"

Would you be good with these as the new regular roads, with a royal blue equivalent for the homes?

Edit: actually I'm guessing not, now that I'm noticing the 4th line there. Maybe something similar but adjusted slightly?

Buffalo fans have become so negative about everything, it’s hard to wonder how it translates to the players and coaches of the teams.

They are nice jerseys.

Ditto.  Except, I'd change that to people in this forum.  This uni is a breath of fresh air, compared to the current ones.  The new ones will look even better on television.  Let's make a nice royal blue "home" jersey to match, get rid of the "NY", and be done with it.  

Edited by Maui Jim

Just once I'd like the Sabres to wear the uniform of the 1969-70 AHL champion Buffalo Bisons. It's a red-hot zinger, as opposed to any of the mediocrities the Sabres ever came up with. I don't care if Coke is the concessionaire in the arena, whatever it's called now. Change it to Pepsi. Buffalo has always been a Pepsi town, not Coke.

The Pegulas can afford anything. Instead, they play with the teams like they're some gardening project. Turdburger or All-red Bills uniform? The Pegulas have bad uniform ideas cornered...while always missing what's obvious, right in front of their face and great.

Further, I'd ditch the blue and yellow forever and have solidarity with the Bills with the red, white and blue color scheme... What blue/yellow team in any sport ever won a championship? If there was one or two in the entire history of sports, I'd be surprised. Blue and yellow are weak and tired colors. The yellow in particular has seeped into the Sabres character...they should have a yellow streak running down the back of the uniform because that's the ingrained cowardly character of the team.

Pittsburgh united the sports teams with one color scheme and Buffalo has become Pittsburgh Jr. so why not?

post-2267-0-64453600-1511610933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marvelo

Just once I'd like the Sabres to wear the uniform of the 1969-70 AHL champion Buffalo Bisons. It's a red-hot zinger, as opposed to any of the mediocrities the Sabres ever came up with. I don't care if Coke is the concessionaire in the arena, whatever it's called now. Change it to Pepsi. Buffalo has always been a Pepsi town, not Coke.

The Pegulas can afford anything. Instead, they play with the teams like they're some gardening project. Turdburger or All-red Bills uniform? The Pegulas have bad uniform ideas cornered...while always missing what's obvious, right in front of their face and great.

:unsure:

So ... is all red good or bad?

Ditto.  Except, I'd change that to people in this forum.  This uni is a breath of fresh air, compared to the current ones.  The new ones will look even better on television.  Let's make a nice royal blue "home" jersey to match, get rid of the "NY", and be done with it.  

Does the 06-07 alternate jersey work for you?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/qidhh7lrf28lq1grjex7/Buffalo_Sabres/2007/Alternate_Uniform

Further, I'd ditch the blue and yellow forever and have solidarity with the Bills with the red, white and blue color scheme... What blue/yellow team in any sport ever won a championship? If there was one or two in the entire history of sports, I'd be surprised. Blue and yellow are weak and tired colors. The yellow in particular has seeped into the Sabres character...they should have a yellow streak running down the back of the uniform because that's the ingrained cowardly character of the team.

Pittsburgh united the sports teams with one color scheme and Buffalo has become Pittsburgh Jr. so why not?

Interesting. That would be a real land mine for Pegula. I wonder if enough of the old-timers are gone and enough of the fans are younger to tolerate a color scheme change. The change to black and red and then back to blue and gold is an interesting case study. Correlation or causation?

I still say the combination of dark and light blue in the St. Louis sweater looks great.

Mediocre.

It's a great jersey if your bar for greatness is "not the turdburger"

Great, you don't like them.  You've made it abundantly clear.  Feels like you are chastising me for relating what people in the world are saying.  Sorry for mentioning that people in the world have a different opinion than you.

Or what dark said.

Or people just like different things than you.  Good god.  Kill the messenger.  For what it's worth apparently they make sense and are appealing to a lot of other people in this world. It's not my fault, go blame them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.