Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Boy, the AHL prospect cupboard is starting to look pretty empty.

On defense maybe, but hopefully that pipeline is somewhat restocked via this years draft, and also Martin & Florentino from past drafts.

In the forward ranks, you have Bailey, Baptiste, Carrier and a lesser extent, Schaller, Dupuy, Rodrigues, Varone & Catenacci this year.  Next year should bring Fasching, Karabacek, Cornel & co.  

I also think the goalie prospects are decent(Makarov, Ullmark & to a lesser extent Liewen), and more are on the way(Johansson & Peterson).

Two things happened...

1. Murray shipped out a LOT of picks and prospects for ROR, Kane, Bogo, Fasching & Deslauriers.

2. Many guys who might have been in Rochester, ended up in/or will end up in Buffalo early in their careers(Risto, Girgs, Eichel, Reinhart).  Others are graduating to the Sabres full-time this season(Pysyk & Larsson).

Edited by LabattBlue

In line with the previous two posts, I don't think the pool looks empty so much as it looks normal. But as things are all relative, it feels worse than it is because of how stacked it was for a few years.

This is exactly right. Perception is also coloured by the number of guys who have already made the jump

You hope to add one or two NHL players every year and we seem to be on track.

Look at the last four years of drafting.

• From this year we've already got Jack and Rodrigues signed.
  • From 2014, we've already signed Sam and Dupuy, with Cornel, Karabacek, Martin and possibly Jacobsen turning pro next year.
  • 2013 has ridiculous depth. We've got Risto already in Buffalo. Bailey, Baptiste, Schaller, Ruhwedel and Carrier are in Rochester. Fasching is certain to turn pro, and Possler, Florentino, Malone, Hurley and Peterson are all still in the mix for contracts.
  • And 2012 gave us Zemgus. McCabe, Ullmark and Austin will be in Rochester.

Has anybody had a better haul in the past four drafts than Eichel, Reinhart, Risto and Zemgus?

And there is depth behind them, it's just that all the studs are already in Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

Curious what the hold-up was if Randy was going to be the guy.

Unless he is the fallback.

Good choice, regardless.

GMTM said he was trying some crazy stuff and then later admitted it was probably time to start thinking back inside the box (hence Cunneyworth).

I think GMTM took the easy road there.  Sure all Cunney does is win and gets the best out of players.  But he hasn't won the Calder!

Cunneyworth had a great year as Amerks coach in 2004-2005, but otherwise he was a .500 coach. I hope for the best, but I am not too excited to be honest. It sure does look like Murray took the easy way after waiting so long. 

Cunneyworth had a great year as Amerks coach in 2004-2005, but otherwise he was a .500 coach. I hope for the best, but I am not too excited to be honest. It sure does look like Murray took the easy way after waiting so long.

I think cunny will be fine. After the Pominville, Roy, Vanek and Miller years he was neck deep in the Florida/Buffalo affiliation which was among the Amerks darkest years. Just awful.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like this new assistant coach already.

Found via Kevin O who referred to it in his coverage last night.

Not impressed with that at all. He lost his composure which is not a desirable trait in a coach. Regardless of how frustrating the job can get or how douchy the media gets, he has to stay above the fray.

GO SABRES!!!

Not impressed with that at all. He lost his composure which is not a desirable trait in a coach. Regardless of how frustrating the job can get or how douchy the media gets, he has to stay above the fray.

GO SABRES!!!

I'm with k-9 on this one. Get him a box of tissues. Then take him to McDonald's for a whamburger and some French cries.

GO SABRES!!!

He's got a point though.  It's gotten crazy with the leading "questions" from reporters.  And like you said, that guy off camera was definitely douchy.  There's one good thing here though, if he's an assistant, he's not going to have to deal with this stuff too much.

GO SABRES!!!

Totally agree.  He embarrassed himself IMHO.

He's got a point though.  It's gotten crazy with the leading "questions" from reporters.  And like you said, that guy off camera was definitely douchy.  There's one good thing here though, if he's an assistant, he's not going to have to deal with this stuff too much.

I didn't think the reporter was out of line.  The coach -- no doubt PO'd about his team's performance -- was aggressive and hostile and interrupted the reporter.

Now, it's quite possible that there's a history between that reporter and the coach, but I didn't hear anything out of line from the reporter.

GO SABRES!!!

True, better to do so, and he probably disqualified himself from any future NHL or higher profile gigs.  But I'll take an occasional snap over a robot any day.

Good for Fixter. Journalism is dead, today's reporters are pathetic. I would be pissed too if I'm surrounded by reporters that not only can't come up with a decent question but can't even come up with a question period! If you want coach to say something, ask him a question! I se an awful lot of 'Tell me about............' or 'You guys played well' or 'The team looked tired today'. A reporter isn't there to analyze the situation in front of the coach, he's there to ask questions. Lazy reporting deserves that kind of response.

Good for Fixter. Journalism is dead, today's reporters are pathetic. I would be pissed too if I'm surrounded by reporters that not only can't come up with a decent question but can't even come up with a question period! If you want coach to say something, ask him a question! I se an awful lot of 'Tell me about............' or 'You guys played well' or 'The team looked tired today'. A reporter isn't there to analyze the situation in front of the coach, he's there to ask questions. Lazy reporting deserves that kind of response.

I suggest you put that idea of a career in media relations on hold.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.