Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Good for Fixter. Journalism is dead, today's reporters are pathetic. I would be pissed too if I'm surrounded by reporters that not only can't come up with a decent question but can't even come up with a question period! If you want coach to say something, ask him a question! I se an awful lot of 'Tell me about............' or 'You guys played well' or 'The team looked tired today'. A reporter isn't there to analyze the situation in front of the coach, he's there to ask questions. Lazy reporting deserves that kind of response.

Huh? This coach is just stupid. He was thrown softballs and could have shaped them any way he wanted, but was too dumb to take advantage. Instead he starts a pissing contest. It's just juniors. All he had to say was, we need to go away and work on X.  Thanks for your questions, gentlemen. 

Huh? This coach is just stupid. He was thrown softballs and could have shaped them any way he wanted, but was too dumb to take advantage. Instead he starts a pissing contest. It's just juniors. All he had to say was, we need to go away and work on X.  Thanks for your questions, gentlemen. 

"The frustration must be mounting........" What kind of question is that? Granted he was out of line towards the end, but if I were him I'd still have to say something at some point when these guys can't even come up with some stimulating lead-ins.

Coaches get too much criticism for what they say. They're not the journalists, they're not the English majors. And I'm sure most don't have background in media relations. It's the reporter's job to put them in a position to come up with answers in a professional manner, it's not their job to try and get them to say something out of line so that they have fodder for the nightly news/social media.

That last part wasn't related to the video, it was a general statement based on the progression (regression?) of modern day journalism.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I was being kind, but plain stupid it was.

But hey, let's not stand in the way of a vicarious "phuck-you" on behalf of all those who think this idiot acted properly.

"The frustration must be mounting........" What kind of question is that? Granted he was out of line towards the end, but if I were him I'd still have to say something at some point when these guys can't even come up with some stimulating lead-ins.

Coaches get too much criticism for what they say. They're not the journalists, they're not the English majors. And I'm sure most don't have background in media relations. It's the reporter's job to put them in a position to come up with answers in a professional manner, it's not their job to try and get them to say something out of line so that they have fodder for the nightly news/social media.

That last part wasn't related to the video, it was a general statement based on the progression (regression?) of modern day journalism.

Coach is setting a great example for the high school kids on his team, don't ya think?

I was being kind, but plain stupid it was.

But hey, let's not stand in the way of a vicarious "phuck-you" on behalf of all those who think this idiot acted properly.

Who said he acted properly?

Coach is setting a great example for the high school kids on his team, don't ya think?

He was out of line with the FU.

If I were the coach I would teach my high school kids how to handle reporters that can't do their job properly, if they had any intentions on moving on with hockey as a career.

But thanks for the snark. 

Oh please, must this continually your game. 

You seem to approve of this coach, no?

And you seem to be suggesting that people covering him ( the OHL, so most likely interns, deserved to be treated poorly).

But no kid should be taught to emulate this jackass.

And that's what I thought what you were suggesting by your (what your would teach comment) but you're a cryptic one yourself.

And it was only the profanity that bothered you?

This guy was being a jerk well before he dropped the F-bomb. 

Edited by X. Benedict

You came to the conclusion that I would teach them to act without civility; without knowing how I would teach them. I've said several times now that he was out of line, but go ahead with and claim I would teach my players to be just like him. 

I gave him credit for speaking out to a couple of reporters that couldn't do their jobs because they are poor journalists. 

What exactly is 'my game'? Getting upset by the constant pile-ons because some don' t like my point of view? This gang isn't as open-minded and impartial as it likes to believe 

You came to the conclusion that I would teach them to act without civility; without knowing how I would teach them. I've said several times now that he was out of line, but go ahead with and claim I would teach my players to be just like him. 

I gave him credit for speaking out to a couple of reporters that couldn't do their jobs because they are poor journalists. 

And I think you are a toad for giving him any credit at all. 

Oh please, must this continually your game. 

You seem to approve of this coach, no?

And you seem to be suggesting that people covering him ( the OHL, so most likely interns, deserved to be treated poorly).

But no kid should be taught to emulate this jackass.

And that's what I thought what you were suggesting by your (what your would teach comment) but you're a cryptic one yourself.

And it was only the profanity that bothered you?

This guy was being a jerk well before he dropped the F-bomb. 

X, let's chalk it up as he was having a bad day.  Maybe something up at home or whatever.  He snapped, it happens.  I trust Cunneyworth, GMTM and Brandon properly vetted him.  We'll see.  

X, let's chalk it up as he was having a bad day.  Maybe something up at home or whatever.  He snapped, it happens.  I trust Cunneyworth, GMTM and Brandon properly vetted him.  We'll see.  

Fair point. 

Well, he was fired there. I just think you approach the job differently at the amateur level.  I just don't think you praise the guy for that. 

What exactly is 'my game'? Getting upset by the constant pile-ons because some don' t like my point of view? This gang isn't as open-minded and impartial as it likes to believe

You bring on the pile-ons with your own words, which is what you never seem to understand. You start in on this topic by saying good for the coach, then in this very post both give him credit and also say he was out of line. Does he deserve an "atta boy" and a pat on the back or not? You really can't have this both ways.

You bring on the pile-ons with your own words, which is what you never seem to understand. You start in on this topic by saying good for the coach, then in this very post both give him credit and also say he was out of line. Does he deserve an "atta boy" and a pat on the back or not? You really can't have this both ways.

It is possible to say he was out of line with the FU comment while still giving him credit for addressing a couple of reporters that can't do their jobs. I've been crystal clear with that three or four times now. If it's unclear,  ask for clarification. It really is that simple. 

He's got a point though. It's gotten crazy with the leading "questions" from reporters. And like you said, that guy off camera was definitely douchy. There's one good thing here though, if he's an assistant, he's not going to have to deal with this stuff too much.

Fixter was clearly agitated before the interview started by his teams performance. It appears from body language that the first reporter was handling him with kid gloves and taking a very submissive posture. While I couldn't see the second guy, he came in hot like some fan pissed that his team lost. Fixter would have been better off ending the interview but his emotions got the best of him. I'm not going to kill a guy for that.

Edited by inkman

Who said he acted properly?

He was out of line with the FU.

If I were the coach I would teach my high school kids how to handle reporters that can't do their job properly, if they had any intentions on moving on with hockey as a career.

Was properly the wrong word? How about acceptable? Or how about you just pick the word that best describes condoning his behavior? Or are you going to walk back far enough to suggest you didn't condone what he said, too?

Was properly the wrong word? How about acceptable? Or how about you just pick the word that best describes condoning his behavior? Or are you going to walk back far enough to suggest you didn't condone what he said, too?

There is no walking back. I have no reason to not stand by my point of view. Sorry you couldn't understand my previous post. 

Sorry this group isn't as tolerant of opposing views as it used to be. I'll take my beatings. 

There is no walking back. I have no reason to not stand by my point of view. Sorry you couldn't understand my previous post. 

Sorry this group isn't as tolerant of opposing views as it used to be. I'll take my beatings. 

No. This group is tolerant. It is you. So stop with the I'm a victim of intolerance shtick. 

That is your game. And now you've generalized my "snark" into group intolerance, which  is a logical flaw on its own. 

Perhaps you don't have enough command of the language to realize what you are often implying.  It is your own in-eloquence.  It happens repeatedly. It is repeatedly you at the center of it.  It is you

Not an intolerant mob. You.

Food for thought. 

No. This group is tolerant. It is you. So stop with the I'm a victim of intolerance shtick. 

That is your game. And now you've generalized my "snark" into group intolerance, which  is a logical flaw on its own. 

Perhaps you don't have enough command of the language to realize what you are often implying.  It is your own in-eloquence.  It happens repeatedly. It is repeatedly you at the center of it.  It is you

Not an intolerant mob. You.

Food for thought. 

I've reiterated my point several times now, each time correcting you along the way. If you don't get it, I can't help you. Sorry. 

But go ahead and claim I praised him for saying FU again. 

There is no walking back. I have no reason to not stand by my point of view. Sorry you couldn't understand my previous post. Sorry this group isn't as tolerant of opposing views as it used to be. I'll take my beatings.

I don't think your previous post was too hard to figure out. Lousy journalist had a phuck you coming from Fixter and you condoned it. Pretty simple.

Is civility only important towards people practicing professions you have respect for?

Even after I clarified my point to avoid any confusion, instead of saying OK that clears things up you continue to argue the same point. So being argumentative. 

Atta boy. 

What? Not the victim now? I'm still pissed at the "snarky" comment if you wondered what set me off. Either you are stupid or you love this game you play. 

Ironically, it is you accusing reporters of their lack of eloquence. Everything you write needs an "I" statement to clarify your initial lack of clarity. Good writing doesn't lend itself to implications. 

And you call it intolerance. 

Nope. It is you. 

So nice try.

Here's a challenge, go a week without typing "I"......"I" dare you. 

Every thread becomes about you. 

Have you ever once considered it isn't everyone else, but you? 

Edited by X. Benedict

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.