Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Damn it, what has happened. ;(

Amerks outshoot the Griffins 40-27. McCollum made 39 saves. Ullmark let in 6 goals. When we had a chance at playoffs Randy would have pulled him at 4. I'm glad he left him in there to wallow in it. You've been watching the kid longer than any of us. Maybe you have an idea what the hell is wrong with him. His rebound control alone was pathetic. Leans on his stick or crossbar when play is in the other end. What the hell is that? I had higher hopes for this guy. I'm willing to bet GMTM isn't impressed.

I was both surprised and disappointed with the Amerks this season.  I really thought their mix of veterans and youth were going to be successful.  With the continued influx of young players in the mix, I expect that some of the veterans will be released or retire next season (Ellis, Kaleta, D'Amico, Sanguinetti, Mormina, Nevins, Lieuwen).

I don't get the Argument that Murray didn't care about the Amerks this year.

Sanguinetti, Akeson, COR, were AHL stars he added, Kaleta, Donovan and Ellis were NHLers and should have been leaders.

Who expected them to all suck?

I was both surprised and disappointed with the Amerks this season.  I really thought their mix of veterans and youth were going to be successful.  With the continued influx of young players in the mix, I expect that some of the veterans will be released or retire next season (Ellis, Kaleta, D'Amico, Sanguinetti, Mormina, Nevins, Lieuwen).

I'd be surprised if (based upon reasonable health on Sabres & Amerks) that they don't sneak into the playoffs next year. They'll finally have some Sabre prospects staying down for a 2nd or 3rd year like farm clubs for reasonably talented teams tend to do. Couple that w/ the anticipation that they'll continue to bring in guys that SHOULD be good AHL vets / depth borderline NHLers & they SHOULD be able to get into the playoffs. Considering it seems to be a lifetime since they advanced, I'd expect them to be a quick exit; but that's still far better than they've been.

• 2 weeks later...
‘“On paper, I think we had one of the best teams in the league, but unfortunately we didn’t pull through in the right times,” center Tim Schaller told the Rochester media. “I just don’t think guys were consistent enough. I think some guys thought it was OK to take some nights off.”’

Schaller calling out some guys on the team. Interesting. Does anyone who regularly watches the Amerks have any idea who he may be alluding to here?

Can't have any player who attended the 'Mario Williams School of Game Preparation.'

GO SABRES!!!

Schaller calling out some guys on the team. Interesting. Does anyone who regularly watches the Amerks have any idea who he may be alluding to here?

Can't have any player who attended the 'Mario Williams School of Game Preparation.'

GO SABRES!!!

Drew Stafford, Dean of Students.

D'Amigo, Nevins and Robak are three that played all season. Varone and Leduc were just as bad. I've heard Varone's attitude was the worst. I have nothing to back this up of course. I'm not really sure about Baptiste. I felt he could have played better and looked to be phoning it in at times but could never be sure. Linus really looked like he should have had DILLIGAF written acrost his mask.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the forward ranks, you have Bailey, Baptiste, Carrier and a lesser extent, Schaller, Dupuy, Rodrigues, Varone & Catenacci this year.  Next year should bring Fasching, Karabacek, Cornel & co.  

I read that the team signed him to an entry level deal today.

How many contracts is that?

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone cares:

From Democrat & Chronicle

Amerks hire Chuck Weber, Brad Tapper

http://on.rocne.ws/1X7hh9C

Rochester Americans coach Dan Lambert has hired Chuck Weber and Brad Tapper as his assistant coaches, and their résumés say they know a little about what it takes to win."I wanted to make sure that it was people I could work with and that it was people I thought, as an organization, could help us accomplish our goals," Lambert said.Weber returns to the Amerks bench, though this time he will be an assistant. He was the head coach during the final season of the affiliation with the Florida Panthers, going 31-39-5-5 with a roster wasn't exactly stacked with top-end talent. From that team, only rookie goalie Jacob Markstrom became an full-time NHLer.

"With a roster that wasn't exactly stacked with top-end talent." Some one should give Chuck a heads up...

If TP were serious about winning in Roch then he should start by fixing up the dump they play in. I'm guessing if the locker rooms are half as bad as the bathrooms then only 5 guys get a hot shower after the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.