Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

To be fair about what happened last night, they were facing Bernier in net. To address the over all problem, they are just too small. Toronto pushed them around last night plain and simple. The few big guys they have don't pay like big guys every game.... Now take a look at goaltending...maybe next year?

A few quick observations from last night's shootout loss to Utica (Vancouver):

I was not impressed with Nick Baptiste.  He didn't seem to work hard to backcheck or position himself.  Didn't seem very quick.

Pleasantly surprised by Evan Rodrigues.  Constantly in motion, moving quick.  Excellent goal on a 2-on-1 where he waited... waited... shot instead of passing.

As a team, the 'merks were pretty awful in the neutral zone, and moving it out of the defensive zone.  It kinda just looked like they never played together before, or didn't have a plan.

2 PP goals, but failing to score in an extended 5-on-3 time in the second period came back to bite them.  Utica had a double-minor penalty, then two additional minors all piled up.

• 2 weeks later...

It was radio only for inky. The Wolfpack sounded like a disaster. No surprise Luker was a -4. Cody Hodgson thinks he's bad in his own zone.

They announced a home coming type thing for Lazy Luke but the crowd booed him. I sorta felt bad.

Dupuy absolutely crushed him behind the Wolfpack net as well. Not a good night for Luke.

Does anyone who watches the Amerks regularly have an opinion on Jason Akeson? IMO he flashed early on in training camp and seems like a grind it out player with a scoring touch. Am I wrong or could he pull some 3rd, 4th line minutes in the future with the big club? He's still young innit?

Does anyone who watches the Amerks regularly have an opinion on Jason Akeson? IMO he flashed early on in training camp and seems like a grind it out player with a scoring touch. Am I wrong or could he pull some 3rd, 4th line minutes in the future with the big club? He's still young innit?

He's just too inconsistent. Some nights he's flying all over the ice, other nights he's lying all over the ice...unfortunately.

Amerks Attendance chart I made:

http://www.chartgo.com/share.do?id=3b288f2daa#.VoF5H_krLIU

Pretty interesting, obviously the lowest point was when they were Panthers affiliate.

I've been pretty discouraged about their attendance since the early 00's. It was a decent crowd on Saturday. It still makes me sad when I see an arena 1/3 full. My parents had seasons and every game seemed like a sell out.

I've been pretty discouraged about their attendance since the early 00's. It was a decent crowd on Saturday. It still makes me sad when I see an arena 1/3 full. My parents had seasons and every game seemed like a sell out.

Im thinking about going to the 60th anniversary game, you? The crowd should be 10,000. Lower bowl is already sold out.  Im hoping it's going to be nearly sold out, love a lively atmosphere... 

Oh and the Amerks play in Buffalo Wednesday, I wont be going but according to the ticket map game is pretty much a sellout besides the 300 corners. Although I remember a few years ago they said it was going to be sold out, it was on tv and looked empty..

Edited by FLYNNSanity

Im thinking about going to the 60th anniversary game, you? The crowd should be 10,000. Lower bowl is already sold out.  Im hoping it's going to be nearly sold out, love a lively atmosphere... 

Oh and the Amerks play in Buffalo Wednesday, I wont be going but according to the ticket map game is pretty much a sellout besides the 300 corners. Although I remember a few years ago they said it was going to be sold out, it was on tv and looked empty..

That SHOULDN'T be an issue this time. Tix are free/ cheap & included in the ST package again for STHers, but they only sent them out if the STHer requested the tix. The unused tix were supposed to go to charity and distributed to people that are expected to use them. I hope some kid got my seat.

Last time tix were distributed to all STHers but, obviously, many went unused.

I went last night.  Game was maybe half full.  They had a small contest, the result of which was that every person in attendance won a ticket (voucher) for a Wednesday night game at the end of January.

As for the game, they were the better team early on, but clearly had no energy left by the third.  Despite that, they only lost 1-0, and had Rodrigues had even the slightly bit of scoring touch early on in the game, they might have won 3-0.  Don't know if the schedule is wearing on him, but he had a rough game.

Edited by carpandean

I went last night. Game was maybe half full. They had a small contest, the result of which was that every person in attendance won a ticket (voucher) for a Wednesday night game at the end of January.

As for the game, they were the better team early on, but clearly had not energy left by the third. Despite that, they only lost 1-0, and had Rodrigues had even the slightly bit of scoring touch early on in the game, they might have won 3-0. Don't know if the schedule is wearing on him, but he had a rough game.

Rodrigues is a rook. He is suffering the same as Eichel as far as playing far more games than they are ready for. He is one guy that I think can play his way into the NHL.That elf bowling was a regurgitation of turkey bowling. Everyone gets a ticket to a Wednesday game that would never be sold anyway. My entourage of newbie hockey peeps loved it. My wife's sister and family. They've been in Hartford for a couple years so they saw they're hometown team for the first time. I hope hockey got into those kids heads.

I'll be at the 60th anniversary game.  Don't really have much of a choice.  Head coach scheduled one of those scrimmages at the rink ahead of the game and as a result we have to sell 11 tickets per player.  So, clearly since I have to buy them I am going to go to the game too.

If you know anyone who wants $13 tickets for the game let me know.  I'll be there.. :)

Amerks in Buffalo Ticket Sales:

Oct 23 2012:   10,936  W 3-1

Dec 28 2012 : 19.070 (MID-LOCKOUT)   W 4-1

Feb 8 2014:    17,968  L 5-1

OCT 29 2014: 17,099  W 3-2

DEC 30 2015: 17,671   W 3-2

These numbers probably include Amerks ST + Box Office Tickets sold

Edited by FLYNNSanity

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.