Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

@BNHarrington: According to @TimWharnsby of CBC, #Sabres have signed Mark Pysyk to a two-year deal worth $2.25M. He was an RFA and made $810k last year.

@TimWharnsby: The deals for Oscar Lindberg #NYR + Mark Pysyk #Sabres

PYSYK

2015-16 $1M

2016-17 $1.25M

LINDBERG

2015-16 $600,000

2016-17 $700,000

I started a separate thread for Pysyk. I like the deal and think it's good value. I had posted a link where PHT had the story and wonder why the Sabres site still doesn't.

But then the thought of the horror. You started a thread for this? So I searched and found this and luckily removed the new thread for Pysyk before anyone noticed. Of course sparing me the wrath of the new post bashing began.

Thanks Brawndo!

I started a separate thread for Pysyk. I like the deal and think it's good value. I had posted a link where PHT had the story and wonder why the Sabres site still doesn't.

But then the thought of the horror. You started a thread for this? So I searched and found this and luckily removed the new thread for Pysyk before anyone noticed. Of course sparing me the wrath of the new post bashing began.

Thanks Brawndo!

You son a beech nut you! I read your post in that thread, then poof gone. Thought I was going crazy!

Oduya and Gorges would mean two of our top LHD would be over the hill. This doesn't mean they can't be effective. They just need to be used properlly. Look at what Larry Murphy accomplished with the Wings after leaving the Leafs as a washed up vet. Toronto played him like a #1 and he couldn't handle it. Scotty Bowman played him a lot less and in easier assignments and he helped win 2 Cups. He lasted 4+ years in Detroit.

Back to Oduya, the intangibles of being on multiple winning teams and gutting out a Cup run would help the young guys learn what it takes. He would help take the pressure off of McCabe to be ready immediately.

You son a beech nut you! I read your post in that thread, then poof gone. Thought I was going crazy!

You're glued to the boards lol. And I lied, I did not search. I stumbled on the info here.

That's his move at 33.

I don't think he's getting the 5 Mil we offered @ four years. I think I want to say I hope not. Is Soupy available? The though of Johnny four years down the road is kind of scary but you never really know with these guys and French's example of Larry Murphy is a GREAT example. Who ever thought Chelios could play at the level he did for as long as he did? Thing is though, O'Douya ain't no Chelios or Murphy.

I really hope there is no trade. Just see what this team has this year and plan B starts again next Summer. No reason to rush and get rid of future pieces right now.

I don't see how Murray doesn't make a trade given the current state of the composition of the forwards in the line-up. In the bottom 6 they have the following players competing for a limited amount of roster spots:  McGinn, Foligno, Desluariers, Larsson, Legwand, & McCormick. I just don't see all these players on the team by the time the season starts as some of them will inevitably have to be sitting on the sidelines each night. 

Disappointing but if the reports that we offered him $15 million over 3 years are accurate and he signed in Dallas for 2 years and $7.5 million then he really didn't want to be here. Time to move on.

??? You want to pay me the same amount in 2 years that I'd make in 3, leaving me open in getting paid more in year 3? Sign me up!

??? You want to pay me the same amount in 2 years that I'd make in 3, leaving me open in getting paid more in year 3? Sign me up!

Yep. I would've taken the money too, but he chose not too and that's his choice. I'd rather not have him at all then to have him signed for longer than 3 years though so I'm just happy Murray was willing to walk away.

I don't see how Murray doesn't make a trade given the current state of the composition of the forwards in the line-up. In the bottom 6 they have the following players competing for a limited amount of roster spots:  McGinn, Foligno, Desluariers, Larsson, Legwand, & McCormick. I just don't see all these players on the team by the time the season starts as some of them will inevitably have to be sitting on the sidelines each night. 

We definitely have a hole of LHD and a glut of bottom 6 forwards but the problem is that I don't think packaging up our overflow players would get us the piece(s) we need and I'm afraid Murray would have to add other picks and prospects that we don't want to see get moved out the door to get what he needs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.