Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

Can probably add Gionta and Reinhart to that list as well. I'd like to see them deal Foligno or Larsson for a similarly aged D.

Nope and nope.

Gionta is the C until his contract ends, then he retires. We've traded our last 5 captains or so.

Ott, Vanek, Pominville, Rivet(was released), Campbell(was captain for a month)

Nope and nope.

Gionta is the C until his contract ends, then he retires. We've traded our last 5 captains or so.

Ott, Vanek, Pominville, Rivet(was released), Campbell(was captain for a month)

Sorry, I meant they were included as players competing for bottom 6 roster spots.

this just hit the twitter. from the guy behind Fourth Period. i found the indication re: likely timing/activity to be of interest. (p.s. he was responding to an inquiry on what might become of bickell and versteeg.)

ycj3x-bm_normal.jpg

Dennis Bernstein

@DennisTFP

GMs essentially gone for summer. Think we're looking at a training camp deal, can't speculate on what team(s)

Whaley was on a boat when he made the McCoy trade. I don't know that there's such a thing as "gone" for pro sports front offices. It's a 24/7, 365 job.

We'll see how much happens between now and camp.

I don't suspect a ton does, but camp isn't far off. There are still some notable free agents that I think will still sign by the end of the month or so. This is "down time" for them, but if somebody wants to do something they're not going to let palm trees stop them.

I don't suspect a ton does, but camp isn't far off. There are still some notable free agents that I think will still sign by the end of the month or so. This is "down time" for them, but if somebody wants to do something they're not going to let palm trees stop them.

I'm pretty sure palm trees inhibit cell tower signals, so, um ... .

I really hope there is no trade. Just see what this team has this year and plan B starts again next Summer. No reason to rush and get rid of future pieces right now.

I agree that there is no need to rush things, and the idea that we don't want to give up future assets for a short term gain in something I agree with.

But getting a D to play on the left side has a great level of importance, and it's not about rushing or trying to fast track the rebuild. It's about fielding a competent defense so that the Sabres don't get shelled every night, lambasting Lehner's confidence and keeping our young forwards stuck in their own end. It's also about not rushing McCabe onto the big club.

Fielding a left side consisting of Gorges, Weber, and Colaiacovo would be a disaster. It could hinder the growth of the team next season. We need to upgrade on the left side.

I think any trade would be along the lines of O'Reilly/Kane--get a young player in or about to be in his prime who can be part of the future. Doubt we trade for a Rivet type.

This. Murray has shown he isn't going to mortgage the future with trades. It's about bringing in young players that can grow with our young core, not acquiring Patrick Sharp and Justin Williams to score a few more goals for a year or two.

At this point I'd be open to acquiring Del Zotto for cheap, maybe put him with Pysyk? He's only 24 and has scored more goals in a season than Franson has twice already. Plus he's pretty physical, 150 hits or so.

I would love to have Del Zotto. He had a very good season last year, and is young like you mentioned. He's only making $1.3 mil/year, and is locked up in Philly for one more season. 

I would love to have Del Zotto. He had a very good season last year, and is young like you mentioned. He's only making $1.3 mil/year, and is locked up in Philly for one more season. 

Won a Calder, reminds a tiny bit of Myers in the way he struggled but seems to be getting better again. Yet he has a bit of a dirty streak so that is an added bonus. And he's a good guy as evidenced by his friendship with the disabled boy whom he converses with very often and has kept in touch with him as he's traveled.

At this point I'd be open to acquiring Del Zotto for cheap, maybe put him with Pysyk? He's only 24 and has scored more goals in a season than Franson has twice already. Plus he's pretty physical, 150 hits or so.

I like this idea better than franson, franson is a bith of a pilon against fast skaters.   Rather take a shot on Del Zotto then.

But out off all UFA's i'd prefer Erhoff at this point, he would be a perfect fit next to Bogo.

Edited by Heimdall

C'mon man! :lol: I'm not sure if I'm especially motivated to put anything together on a guy who just signed elsewhere. Already on my plate are numbers to show Freeman that Gorges isn't any good, and I might also do something on how Franson could help.

There are times in a man's life where he just has to sack up, and do all of the work the rest of us don't want to do

WE DEMAND STATS!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.