Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Flyers will put Andrew MacDonald on waivers at noon. $30-million deal.

This is hilarious, but it's also a sign that Ron Hextall may know what he's doing, which is considerably less hilarious.

Fixing the problems that Holmgren made in his last roundabout season in charge.  He got a healthy return for Coburn, moved on from Grossmann, moved Pronger's last two seasons off the books and drafted very well in his first two years.  He secured a solid back up for Mason who is an upgrade over Emery.  He's done a heck of a job.   

Fixing the problems that Holmgren made in his last roundabout season in charge.  He got a healthy return for Coburn, moved on from Grossmann, moved Pronger's last two seasons off the books and drafted very well in his first two years.  He secured a solid back up for Mason who is an upgrade over Emery.  He's done a heck of a job.   

Identifying the mistakes is the easy part. It'll be interesting to see how effectively he builds going forward.

But the Flyers are in a completely different place than the Sabres are/were.  The Sabres traded wisely and now have established a forward core going forward in the short/long term.  Now it's about adding to the back end, because no one is going to compare the Sabres D Core to St. Louis, Chicago, Anaheim or several other high end teams!

My point is he hasn't actually started building yet, he's still cleansing the sins of Holmgren.

He's drafted:  Provorov, Sanheim, Konecny, Aube-Kubel, and others.  He had Morin and Hagg to build on off of, but he's definitely been building slowly. 

Montreal GM on Kassian:  "“I’m a firm believer in character, and that’s really a lack of character and judgment on his part.”

Wait, how so?  The guy was a passenger in a car where the woman may have been drinking and all reports indicate that the police are waiting on blood tests to see if she was.  I'm going to put it out there and say that if she was visibly drunk, they wouldn't need to wait on the blood test.

So what, exactly, did Kassian do wrong here that reflects on his character and judgment?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/zack-kassian-montreal-canadiens-car-crash-1.3257148

And that's without deeming him a repeat offender? Wowza.

And, yeah. Way to get it right.

From what I understand he wasn't a repeat offender for the basis of fines, but that isn't necessarily applied to suspensions. That's how I read the tweets about it anyway.

The NHL got it right. Mark this down, it may be a while before it happens again. Are the Sharks a MFT?

To me, "right" would have been the full season. I'll go as far as to say they did a far better job than usual :)