Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I am going to kick your puppies, sorry... rumor has it Chicago is at the top of his list. 

now look at this gif of Alexandra Daddario 

giphy.gif

She is absolutely unreal. Have you seen San Andreas? We won't get the D man, we seem to never get these college guys. But that's ok, because, the GIF.

Edmonton wouldn't take Pysyk and a 3rd to drop from 4 to 8.

Definitely not.

She is absolutely unreal. Have you seen San Andreas? We won't get the D man, we seem to never get these college guys. But that's ok, because, the GIF.

Definitely not.

He ears have a strange shape.   0/10 would not bang.

Alexandra-Daddario-image-alexandra-dadda

He ears have a strange shape. 0/10 would not bang.

There very few that would fall into the "would not bang" category for me. Although those are indeed strange looking ears, she falls short of the criteria needed for this category. That honor goes to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Rosie O,Donnell, the lady who got her face chewed off by that chimp, women who are not breathing. etc.

We won't get the D man, we seem to never get these college guys.

Evan Rodriguez just called. He's on line 2 for you. Nelson's on line 3 and Chad Ruhwedel was on line 1 but it seems he got tired of waiting and hung up.

Evan Rodriguez just called. He's on line 2 for you. Nelson's on line 3 and Chad Ruhwedel was on line 1 but it seems he got tired of waiting and hung up.

The high profile guys. Everyone gets the odd college signing here or there. Rodriguez is close, but he's not really on the level of some of the recent misses, I don't think. (I'm counting Vesey as a miss, he's not coming here.) Again, not being negative, just the odds. Besides, I was mostly exaggerating. My attention was on the GIF.

And Pi, I know you are being sarcastic. Better be.

Edited by Thorny

So if Chicago signs the Czech defenseman we want doesn't that push them closer to the cap and make it even more imperative that they trade away a good player or let someone walk away?

Not really. He'd be on an ELC which, though bonuses are possible, is a very low money deal even for guys getting the rookie max. Now, if he pulls a Panarin, they could be hosed the next year when any of this coming year's bonus induced cap overages would have to be recaptured.

There very few that would fall into the "would not bang" category for me. Although those are indeed strange looking ears, she falls short of the criteria needed for this category. That honor goes to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Rosie O,Donnell, the lady who got her face chewed off by that chimp, women who are not breathing. etc.

High standards  :lol:  

I wouldn't trade Reinhart for Puljujarvi or Laine to be honest. Reinhart has already shown he's good and adaptable while hitting it off with Eichel. Laine and Pulj haven't played 1 minute in the NHL and I wouldn't risk hoping either of them hit it off with Eichel like Reinhart has.

Kane & Toews are friends and mutually respect one another's ability, as seen in their multiple matching contracts. I hope to see Eichel and Reinhart continue towards that. Part of what made Kane and Toews buddies was they were both rookies at the same time akin to that of how Eichel and Reinhart entered the league together.

As great as Laine/Pulj seem to be, I'll keep the guy who has already meshed with my other superstar over risking it for a marginal improvement.

Not to mention I think Reinhart will be fine as a winger if he's with Eichel, he'll merely adapt like he has. Maybe in 3 or 4 years they'll both be superstars and we'll be able to split them up 1C & 2C with ROR on the wing but just because Reinhart is a C by trade doesn't men I'm going to force a square block into a circle slot for the sake of making Reinhart a C.

He ears have a strange shape.   0/10 would not bang.

She was on one of my favorite shows for a little while in White Collar.  

Jonathan Willis is a reporter/writer from Edmonton, covers the Oilers. He had some interesting tweets. 

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis  24m

The #Sabres have five legitimate RHD options at the NHL level next year. Have to imagine at least one is moved this summer.

1 retweet3 likes

NateInVegas ‏@NateInVegas  27m

@JonathanWillis And they'll probably draft Chychrun or Juolevi this summer

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis  27m

@NateInVegas If they stay at No. 8.

NateInVegas ‏@NateInVegas  26m

@JonathanWillis What are you suggesting?

0 retweets0 likes

Jonathan Willis ‏@JonathanWillis  24m

@NateInVegas No. 8 is right in the range of where EDM might be okay landing.

0 retweets0 likes

Also suggested Griffin Reinhart might be part of a deal going back to the Sabres. 

Getting to 4 makes little sense unless you think you can get to 2.  4 thru 10 are not separated by much.  If you can get to 4 and still deal to 2 do it.  Otherwise you get a great prospect at 8 and still have trade chips.  Outside of 1 or 2, none of the prospect make the jump this year.  

If I were Edmonton I would look to move up get Laine and you have your future core solidified and a ton of chips to trade with.  Plus you can purge the stench of past regimes.  I actually think they are in a better position than TO.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.