Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Drouin "I definitely want to be here, I like how it ended"#TBLightning

What's to like about a game 7 ECF loss?

I get what he means, though, about his soap opera esq season.

IMO, TB will not be trading Drouin now and this means it's more likely Stamkos is a goner.

I think the two teams that are the worst to be a fan of are the Canucks and, much worse, the Avs.  Watching your team trade awesome talent after awesome talent and watching MacKinnon's prime wither away in front of you before it even starts is so brutal.

My girlfriend is Croatia right now and she met a Vancouver native in a bar.  She asked about his NHL team and he said the Canucks.  She mentioned that many people in her area are fans of the Sabres.  The Canuck fan shook his head and sadly said "oh man, Jack Eichel."  My girlfriend threw her hands in the air and responded "JACK EICHEL!!!" Heh heh heh

absolutely there are lots and lots of teams looking at doing some significant things. We know because they’re said so. The Edmonton Oilers feel the need to make some significant change. I think the Colorado Avalanche are very interested in going out and finding a defenseman. Anaheim is a team with a huge number of question marks in terms of personnel decisions that need to be made. Are they going to trade a goaltender. Is it going to be Andersen. Is it going to be Gibson. Are they going to be able to sign both Lindholm and Vatanen on the blueline, or are they going to trade one of those guys.

“You’ve got all sorts of teams looking to at doing all sorts of things. Some of them are going to be really significant. You’ve got a lot of interesting contracts that need to be taken care of. Tyson Barrie in Colorado. Jacob Trouba with the Winnipeg Jets. A lot of these contract negotiations could also impact whether players become available in trades or not.

“So I would say the level of talking is going to be extremely significant, and the potential for a lot of things to happen across the board throughout the National Hockey League in the next 30 days… We’ve got one month to July 1. So the next 31, 32 days are going to be fascinating, and I think there’s going to be lots and lots of news to come.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/

That website has become my 'go to' for news

Edited by WildCard

@A_Kalnins: Hearing multiple teams in the NHL are interested to sign Girgensons.

Same guy that reported the KHL trade of his rights. My guess is he means teams are interested in general as opposed to just signing him to an offer sheet. I'd be fine including him in deals if the return involved at least one player who would play immediately.

@A_Kalnins: Hearing multiple teams in the NHL are interested to sign Girgensons.

Same guy that reported the KHL trade of his rights. My guess is he means teams are interested in general as opposed to just signing him to an offer sheet. I'd be fine including him in deals if the return involved at least one player who would play immediately.

Agreed

For whatever reason he didn't seem to fit in last season.  He's young and I like his game ok but would be fine including him in a trade to upgrade the D.  Last offseason I would not have said this.

I also want to echo that it's good having you back Hoss.  You add a lot to this board.

More Friedman

Sounds like there is a ton of trade chatter out there and I think we will see some big trades across the league.  The way GMTM likes to operate I'd be surprised if we weren't in the thick of discussions.  You never see three team trades anymore but I'm predicting one over the next month.  Teams don't like making trades during the Stanley Cup finals (Vancouver and Florida excluded I guess).  Once this series ends I could see a bunch of deals coming down in the 2 or 3 weeks leading up to the draft.

Sounds like he could easily be packaged in a larger deal

In response to this and to dudacek's post regarding Zemgus in a different thread:  I'm kinda starting to expect this, especially once Stamkos signs with the Sabres.

While I still have no desire to see Stamkos eat up 10-11million in capspace for the next 7 years, I think Zemgus is expandable. It pains me to say that because I really do like him.  The only real spot for him is on Eichel's left but Ennis is a wildcard there and currently a better player. If I can trade Zemgus and something to get a legit under 25 LHD, I probably do it. 

While I still have no desire to see Stamkos eat up 10-11million in capspace for the next 7 years, I think Zemgus is expandable. It pains me to say that because I really do like him.  The only real spot for him is on Eichel's left but Ennis is a wildcard there and currently a better player. If I can trade Zemgus and something to get a legit under 25 LHD, I probably do it. 

Agreed with everything but the bold 

Yes, why do you think Zemgus is the better player compared to Tyler Ennis?

I really wish I didn't have to leave for work in 4 minutes  :lol:

Without looking up the stats, I think he provides a wider range of skills than Ennis, and can probably score at a very similar rate when placed with the right linemates. 

Here's a nice tool to compare them. I used the last two seasons to get data for Ennis too

http://www.corsica.hockey/skaters/

That was how I read it as well. I also think it points to him being valued more around the league than by Sabres fans salty over his lack of scoring this season. Personally I'd much prefer not to trade him, but as others have said, can definitely see him being involved in a draft deal.

Separately, I just love how Colorado is determined to go out and get a defenseman when they all they have to do is pay Tyson Barrie. Hilarious.

That was how I read it as well. I also think it points to him being valued more around the league than by Sabres fans salty over his lack of scoring this season. Personally I'd much prefer not to trade him, but as others have said, can definitely see him being involved in a draft deal.

Separately, I just love how Colorado is determined to go out and get a defenseman when they all they have to do is pay Tyson Barrie. Hilarious.

That was my first thought also.

It does seem like a Zemgus-plus-sweeteners-for-Barrie deal is out there, innit?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.