Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

I wonder how this sits with the NHLPA. To have a RFA market, there needs to be a certain amount of liquidity when it comes to players and picks.

If coaches and administration are going to tie up picks, then that really dries up any RFA liquidity and the signing of offer sheets.

Insight. Sounds like an untended consequence has been surfaced.

Bylsma sounding more natural in his WGR piece.

The dude loves Eichel.

I didn't hear it, but since Schoop is off, I assume he was interviewed by the Bulldog, and considering he can't get 3 words out of his mouth without tripping over his tongue, anyone he interviews sounds good/"more natural".  LOL

Presser notes:

Likes big Sabres D

Ennis is dynamic player

Eichel is Elite player

Time frame starts today, no teardown, that's done

Tim on Dan:

Wins

Great commmunicator

Understands the kids

Mindset- develop culture everyday

What you learned from Pens?

You need to get it into your DNA

Spoke with Gorges and Kane before signing

Not looking to prove himself personally

He met Pegula's as early as 2011.

Presser notes:

Likes big Sabres D

Ennis is dynamic player

Eichel is Elite player

Time frame starts today, no teardown, that's done

Tim on Dan:

Wins

Great commmunicator

Understands the kids

Mindset- develop culture everyday

What you learned from Pens?

You need to get it into your DNA

Spoke with Gorges and Kane before signing

Not looking to prove himself personally

He met Pegula's as early as 2011.

Much appreciated for the recap; been busy at work all afternoon and couldn't listen to / watch the presser.  Like what I'm hearing so far!

Sabs would be smart to refuse draft pick compensation to Pittsburgh.  If Pittsburgh wants to become known as a place where a coach can't pursue his profession after being fired, so be it.  

They can't, it is what was agreed to by the GM's at their own meeting last year.

Liked Bylsma's response on the question about possession. He said we need to learn to defend.

To me, that comes from watching the way last year's Sabres couldn't get out of their zone and an unintentional shot at the previous coaching staff.

I heard Byslma was to be on wgr today, did that already happen? I can't find the audio online

http://media.wgr550.com/a/105855865/5-28-sabres-head-coach-dan-bylsma-with-bulldog.htm?

Murray mentioned that Bylsma will help out with choosing the coach for Amerks. Possibly someone he has played with or worked with.

Also they hope to have assistants chosen before the draft but not a hard deadline.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/105855865/5-28-sabres-head-coach-dan-bylsma-with-bulldog.htm?

Murray mentioned that Bylsma will help out with choosing the coach for Amerks. Possibly someone he has played with or worked with.

Also they hope to have assistants chosen before the draft but not a hard deadline.

Awesome, thanks for that Chz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.