The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

I had to save this thread from the second page... what that tells me is there really is a lot going on with the Sabres.

Anyway, watching interview with Eichel...

Q:  "Does it make it any easier when you play with two proven NHL players, that the game.... if it slows down or if there's anything that happens, but two guys that have played so long...."

Jack:  "Ah, you just want to play fast.  That's the most important thing."

:wub:

Oh, and I'm just gonna put this out there:  At this point Jack Eichel is already becoming #41 to me.  I kinda hope he keeps it and makes it his own.

I had to save this thread from the second page... what that tells me is there really is a lot going on with the Sabres.

Anyway, watching interview with Eichel...

Q:  "Does it make it any easier when you play with two proven NHL players, that the game.... if it slows down or if there's anything that happens, but two guys that have played so long...."

Jack:  "Ah, you just want to play fast.  That's the most important thing."

:wub:

Oh, and I'm just gonna put this out there:  At this point Jack Eichel is already becoming #41 to me.  I kinda hope he keeps it and makes it his own.

How does he make a former captain's # his own?

Oh, man. I just love this kid. Noisey. Chirpy.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/10/2/9438671/watch-jack-eichel-micd-up-at-rookie-showcase

BTW, might we change this topic's title to something like "Everything About Jack Eichel." Or "Jack Talk." (Just, please, no "Jacker" as Matthew Coller would have it.)

Oh, man. I just love this kid. Noisey. Chirpy.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/10/2/9438671/watch-jack-eichel-micd-up-at-rookie-showcase

BTW, might we change this topic's title to something like "Everything About Jack Eichel." Or "Jack Talk." (Just, please, no "Jacker" as Matthew Coller would have it.)

Someone slap Coller next time he says Jacker. 

Someone slap Coller next time he says Jacker. 

What, no one liked Rammer either?

The -er nickname construct has its place in hockey. Rammer worked, obviously. But not with the name Jack. NFW.

In addition, I generally do not refer to the players by the nicknames used for them on the team (e.g., no way am I calling Ennis Enzo). And I generally roll my eyes at anyone who does. (Bro, you're not on the team.)

Along the same lines, I remember quite clearly how Boucher said it wasn't so disorienting to be traded to the Kings because he would be headed out west with Fuhr-zee. That was just awful. Although, I guess Fuhr-er would not work. For obvious reasons.

The -er nickname construct has its place in hockey. Rammer worked, obviously. But not with the name Jack. NFW.

In addition, I generally do not refer to the players by the nicknames used for them on the team (e.g., no way am I calling Ennis Enzo). And I generally roll my eyes at anyone who does. (Bro, you're not on the team.)

Along the same lines, I remember quite clearly how Boucher said it wasn't so disorienting to be traded to the Kings because he would be headed out west with Fuhr-zee. That was just awful. Although, I guess Fuhr-er would not work. For obvious reasons.

I'm guessing given the clumsiness of anything involving sie, zee, or er that it will be something off the wall like Ripper or what not.