The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

I believe it does mean exactly that

The original question as I understand it was for aftermarket authentic signatures. Not pack signed cards. Like if a kid walked up to Jack with his Upper Deck card and asked Jack to sign it. Leaf will be making the only sets of Cards to come with Eichel signatures or jersey pieces in them.

The original question as I understand it was for aftermarket authentic signatures. Not pack signed cards. Like if a kid walked up to Jack with his Upper Deck card and asked Jack to sign it. Leaf will be making the only sets of Cards to come with Eichel signatures or jersey pieces in them.

Yeah that's what I mean too, the scenario of Eichel signing some kid's card is, I believe, forbidden to him; hence why he dipped out of the autograph signing event 

Yeah that's what I mean too, the scenario of Eichel signing some kid's card is, I believe, forbidden to him; hence why he dipped out of the autograph signing event

I thought the signing event was for the card companies to get those pack signed cards. Perhaps I misinterpreted.

So Eichel is that guy from Jerry McGuire who says "sorry kid, I can only sign....."

Good thing I already got my Eichel autograph.

Edited by ubkev

According to the few google searches I did for it, Eichel can only exclusively sign Leaf cards. The deal is huge because Eichel apparently has never signed a card prior to the deal, so it really will be the only rookie card with his autograph on it until the deal ends. If he plays up to expectations, they probably extend it, and that will be the only way to ever get an autographed card of him

According to the few google searches I did for it, Eichel can only exclusively sign Leaf cards. The deal is huge because Eichel apparently has never signed a card prior to the deal, so it really will be the only rookie card with his autograph on it until the deal ends. If he plays up to expectations, they probably extend it, and that will be the only way to ever get an autographed card of him

Cards are obviously more valuable, but I prefer 8x10s in frames. I snagged an Eichel one on his Bauer endorsement picture.

This should be it's own thread.  Interesting stuff that if I didn't look in the 38 page thread under "2nd overall pick Jack Eichel signed" I would never have seen it.  Unless of course outside of this site.

But my point is there really aren't that many new threads started here - is there a reason?  Just wondering because it just seems like the same ones are in the opening page day after day after day.

The reason there aren't too many threads is it becomes really difficult to keep track of your conversations if they're constantly spread out. For example, take a look at our sister website, TwoBillsDrive. They make a thread out of literally anything they think of. It's unbelievably chaotic and honestly just annoying when the front page of the forum is dominated by 40 2-page threads with incredibly useless and repetitive topics.

Not trying to rant, but does TBD annoy me. They have good posters and good content, they just have wayyyy too many threads.  

Edited by WildCard

The reason there aren't too many threads is it becomes really difficult to keep track of your conversations if they're constantly spread out. For example, take a look at our sister website, TwoBillsDrive. They make a thread out of literally anything they think of. It's unbelievably chaotic and honestly just annoying when the front page of the forum is dominated by 40 2-page threads with incredibly useless and repetitive topics.

Not trying to rant, but ###### does TBD annoy me. They have good posters and good content, they just have wayyyy too many threads.  

I feel the same way about TBD, and would just add that the ratio of good posters to zero-value-added posters is way too low.

I feel the same way about TBD, and would just add that the ratio of good posters to zero-value-added posters is way too low.

Can you name the zero-value-added posters both here and there please?

I can understand what you and WildCard are saying  - I agree and disagree.  I'm somewhat active on TBD and can totally appreciate your sentiment on the amount of threads and the amount of posters that offer little.  I understand long time posters find fewer threads easier to have a rolling conversation but for someone new I find it difficult because there's multiple topics within it and don't know where to jump in.

Obviously my example is the Eichel signing a card deal in the "2nd overall pick" thread. 

Please don't take this the wrong way but I just feel the current setup here while probably makes long time/high count posters happy- it makes it a bit more difficult for new posters to get involved.  Am I making any sense?  Just offering some feedback from a newbie trying to be more engaged here and that finds it interesting to see a new topic.

Edited by 7+6=13

I can understand what you and WildCard are saying  - I agree and disagree.  I'm somewhat active on TBD and can totally appreciate your sentiment on the amount of threads and the amount of posters that offer little.  On the other hand there's so few threads here - some what I would consider new topic discussions get burried in what I would consider not necessarilly related topics and as a new contributor find it difficult to find. 

Obviously my example is the Eichel signing a card deal in the "2nd overall pick" thread. 

Please don't take this the wrong way but I just feel the current setup here while probably makes long time/high count posters happy- it makes it a bit more difficult for new posters to get involved.  Am I making any sense?  Just offering some feedback from a newbie trying to be more engaged here. 

I understand.

It's when a relevant and important topic is brought up as a some what related tangent in a thread, that should warrant a new thread. The Leaf card deal is a perfect example.

I can understand what you and WildCard are saying - I agree and disagree. I'm somewhat active on TBD and can totally appreciate your sentiment on the amount of threads and the amount of posters that offer little. I understand long time posters find fewer threads easier to have a rolling conversation but for someone new I find it difficult because there's multiple topics within it and don't know where to jump in.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I just feel the current setup here while probably makes long time/high count posters happy- it makes it a bit more difficult for new posters to get involved. Am I making any sense? Just offering some feedback from a newbie trying to be more engaged here and that finds it interesting to see a new topic.

I think you're probably right. Now get off my lawn!

I really think this is for in-pack autographed cards.  I suspect that he's allowed to sign anything you put in front of him, if he wants to.

Edited by Eleven

I can understand what you and WildCard are saying  - I agree and disagree.  I'm somewhat active on TBD and can totally appreciate your sentiment on the amount of threads and the amount of posters that offer little.  I understand long time posters find fewer threads easier to have a rolling conversation but for someone new I find it difficult because there's multiple topics within it and don't know where to jump in.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I just feel the current setup here while probably makes long time/high count posters happy- it makes it a bit more difficult for new posters to get involved.  Am I making any sense?  Just offering some feedback from a newbie trying to be more engaged here and that finds it interesting to see a new topic.

If you think something deserves its own thread, start a thread.  Things will get sorted out over time and you'll also start to get a better feel for where things are around here.

I really think this is for in-pack autographed cards.  I suspect that he's allowed to sign anything you put in front of him, if he wants to.

I'm not so sure.  In fact I'd be surprised if that was the case.  If I were a card company and I wanted to have a competitive advantage over the other companies and I could sign a rising star to a deal that said he couldn't sign other company's cards, I would do that. It would make my cards potentially more valuable than other cards and collectors would be more likely to by mine.  Thus it would increase sales.

I'm not so sure.  In fact I'd be surprised if that was the case.  If I were a card company and I wanted to have a competitive advantage over the other companies and I could sign a rising star to a deal that said he couldn't sign other company's cards, I would do that. It would make my cards potentially more valuable than other cards and collectors would be more likely to by mine.  Thus it would increase sales.

It's been ages since I've been into card collecting, but aren't pack-in autographs always more valuable because of a) limited availability and b) certified authenticity?

It's been ages since I've been into card collecting, but aren't pack-in autographs always more valuable because of a) limited availability and b) certified authenticity?

That's interesting, as to me (a total non-collector), having a hand-signed card is way cooler. I'd wonder if that shifts with people taking pictures or selfies with the player and the card.

If you think something deserves its own thread, start a thread.  Things will get sorted out over time and you'll also start to get a better feel for where things are around here.

Good advice.  Are you still in Holly Springs?  Heard it's great up there.  Going to the Carolina game in March?

That's interesting, as to me (a total non-collector), having a hand-signed card is way cooler. I'd wonder if that shifts with people taking pictures or selfies with the player and the card.

Hand signed can be far more valuable or far less valuable. It all depends on who does the signing. I have a Pete Rose autographed 8x10(I know, not a card). The frame is worth more than the picture. Rose signs everything he sees, so his autograph is worth pretty much nothing. My Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill autographed pictures are worth far more and I'm pretty sure Rose has more hits than both of them combined.

Pack signed cards are quite common, but getting a player worth having is pretty rare.

And you don't need to take selfies with the people who are autographing your memorabilia. Just have them authenticated. It's a pretty simple process and it increases value significantly.

Edited by ubkev

Hand signed can be far more valuable or far less valuable. It all depends on who does the signing. I have a Pete Rose autographed 8x10(I know, not a card). The frame is worth more than the picture. Rose signs everything he sees, so his autograph is worth pretty much nothing. My Bernie Williams and Paul O'Neill autographed pictures are worth far more and I'm pretty sure Rose has more hits than both of them combined.

Pack signed cards are quite common, but getting a player worth having is pretty rare.

And you don't need to take selfies with the people who are autographing your memorabilia. Just have them authenticated. It's a pretty simple process and it increases value significantly.

Alright... looked it up, and you were close! BW's 2336 hits + PON's 2105 hits = 4441 hits > PR's 4256 hits :P