GMTM--"I think too much about McDavid. I wish I could help myself"

matter2003

He is the only guy who stripped his roster down to nothing to finish last two years in a row. Everyone wants McDavid but no other GM would say that publicly.

Out of curiosity, who has GMTM, or Darcy for that matter, traded away that you still wish were here? 

Excoozy, excoozy. This Yuri, old friend of Anna A. She has how you say lady problems. You know how Russian womens get bushy in the arm holes, you say pit in U.S.A no? Well Anna, she is new here so she not know about Lady Bic. She use the weed wacker left in car port. She in ER but ask me to pose, honorably and respectively, this question:

If behaviour of fans in arena, so boorish she think, is meant to be sign of passionate fans and applauded here in SabresSpace, then how is poster here being "passionate" lustful she try to say, be, she learned this word from Urban Dictionary, "bitch slap"?

Anna wait for reply as she wait for plastic surgeon. Thanks you Obamacare for 10 hours wait in ER and giggles of barbie doll nurses.

:huh:

This is a weird thread.

But what Murray said was sorta weird as well. He's in the information management game, as far as I am concerned. No need to say something to the press unless there's purpose and potential upside. Confessing his love of, obsession with, McDavid? Seems pointless and only bringing potential downside (although I will admit: there's no big risk with letting that fly).

Unless, as was mentioned upthread, he's trying to game the market. Which seems unlikely.

Maybe 20% of his dreams should be about Connor?

I will second the poster who quoted this above: This was very funny.

Comments like that should get him fired!

I think it should get him a promotion.

Fail to see why anyone would think he is a fool for be excited about player who is as talented and unique as McDavid.

Only a fool thinks we shouldn't be excited about the chance at landing this player

Edited by ddaryl

Lulz, at the responses in some of the cases.  So his team sits in 30th, and while it is not impossible for them to fall out of the slot, as of now they are locked in.  The lottery is what it is with the 20% crap shoot, but I don't see what the issue is with stating what Connor McDavid is.  He didn't say he wants him and that's his guy or anything outside of that. 

I would have liked to have seen the entire interview. He could have just been messing with the guy a little and wasn't being totally serious. Just the quote itself seems kind of dorky but I can't see him being that big of a dork.

That was my first impression. The "article" didn't sound anything like a real interview, but rather a couple of phrases plucked out of a conversation. Could very easily have been a joke by TM.

It's a ruse. He wants Eichel — he sculpts mashed potatoes into the face of Eichel — and with some senstational, well-placed comments he's raising the price of prying the first pick out of his starchy little fingers. What better way to get the word out to his fellow hockey GMs than in the New York Fricken Times?

There really has been way too much talk about McDavid from Buffalo's perspective.  I remember Sidney Crosby making fun of Buffalo reporters, reminding them that we don't have McDavid yet.  The absolute best case scenario is that we have a 20% chance of McDavid.  It's almost going to be strange to see him in another team's sweater next year, so long have people around here been talking about him.

But Murray's quote doesn't get me all riled up.  He's obviously picking Eichel #2 if necessary, and Eichel is a great prospect too.  Not like he's going to stop trying because the Buffalo GM liked McDavid more.  Every team likes McDavid more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.