Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I'm trying to find a replay of Buff's hit.... anyone have a link to one?

Weber's hit should get a suspension. Hit from behind, plain and simple.

I'll not comment on Buff's hit until I see a video of it.

I don't see anything obvious. If nothing turns up by tonight, I'll pull it up and post something (somehow, it'll be a learning experience).

I'm trying to find a replay of Buff's hit.... anyone have a link to one?

Weber's hit should get a suspension. Hit from behind, plain and simple.

I'll not comment on Buff's hit until I see a video of it.

https://twitter.com/LindyRuffsTie/status/686294239475531776/photo/1

posted it in the GDT also.

Edited by Huckleberry

I agree. Reinhart got crunched because he wasn't being smart. Byfuglien is a big boy and he's going to hit you if you make it easy for him. If that was Risto hitting McDavid we'd be praising him.

And Risto would be suspended.

But I tend to agree here, too.

I agree. Reinhart got crunched because he wasn't being smart. Byfuglien is a big boy and he's going to hit you if you make it easy for him. If that was Risto hitting McDavid we'd be praising him.

I have no problem with big guys hitting little guys and I agree that players need to keep their heads on a swivel and be aware, but I draw a line when the big guy skates in, looks at the little guy, targets his head, and DELIBERATELY sticks his elbow out to hit it. There is a gif somewhere that shows this plain as day.

I have no problem with big guys hitting little guys and I agree that players need to keep their heads on a swivel and be aware, but I draw a line when the big guy skates in, looks at the little guy, targets his head, and DELIBERATELY sticks his elbow out to hit it. There is a gif somewhere that shows this plain as day.

Just like I said yesterday with the Malone hit, a different angle might change my mind.

Just like I said yesterday with the Malone hit, a different angle might change my mind.

I'd say it's pretty clear that the elbow was tucked and came up on the follow through after comment.  There's nothing illegal with that.  I haven't seen enough yet to have any opinion on whether or not he targeted the head.

I'd say it's pretty clear that the elbow was tucked and came up on the follow through after comment.  There's nothing illegal with that.  I haven't seen enough yet to have any opinion on whether or not he targeted the head.

Yeah, it looked more like a Messier hit (mean, rather than dirty) than anything else IMHO. Maybe from another angle I'd have a different take.

Glad Reinhart bounced back up.

This is what I'm seeing, won't get called because they are both going for the puck and reinhart is pretty low with his head but still.

This is what I'm seeing, won't get called because they are both going for the puck and reinhart is pretty low with his head but still.

Fully understand the aspect of both going for the puck and things happen in hockey when big meets little and physics reigns. It is hockey, afterall.

Was Byfuglien's elbow shot avoidable? Is it just a continuation of a "hockey" play? Could he have helped extending his elbow?

It was a deliberate shot to the head. Period. A pu$$y play all the way around.

Weber's hit to me was a bad one. When I saw it live I cringed, it was definitely a stupid play. Ehlers does turn into it, which mitigates it a tad, but it was definitely boarding. The Byfuglien hit, he definitely angles his elbow and shoulder to make contract with Sam's head. There was intent there. But again, there was some aspects of "hockey play" there as well.

I'd like to see both Weber and Byfuglien get a game or two. They won't.

Weber's hit to me was a bad one. When I saw it live I cringed, it was definitely a stupid play. Ehlers does turn into it, which mitigates it a tad, but it was definitely boarding. The Byfuglien hit, he definitely angles his elbow and shoulder to make contract with Sam's head. There was intent there. But again, there was some aspects of "hockey play" there as well.

I'd like to see both Weber and Byfuglien get a game or two. They won't.

That's exactly how I saw it, and I'm honestly surprised it seems to be the minority view. I didn't think it was ambiguous at all.

It happened right in front of me and I didn't need to see it a second time to know he angled for the head. Byfuglien isn't stupid, not at all. He knew what he was doing, he disguises it to the point where it can be questioned, but it's a craft he is mastering. He knew he was hitting him in the head. He also knew Sam had just scored.