Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Yup. I'm too lazy to look up DVOA, but since becoming defensive coordinator for the Ravens in 2005, here are his total defense ranks:

2005 (BAL): 5

2006 (BAL): 1

2007 (BAL): 6

2008 (BAL): 2

2009 (NYJ):1

2010 (NYJ): 3

2011 (NYJ): 5

2012 (NYJ): 8

2013 (NYJ): 11

2014 (NYJ): 6

2015 (BUF): 20

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/RyanRe0.htm

Jaded Bills fans being compelled to tell everyone on the internet how hopeless the team is?

By total you mean yardage?

And as to your last line, isn't the thing that has created jaded Bills fans the very thing that proves they are hopeless, and we're not talking about a small sample size anymore.

best offensive production ever out of a Rex Ryan coached team. If you had told me that before the season started, I would have thought no less than 12 wins. I still can't believe how far this defense fell. Keep everyone one more year and tell Ryan that ANYTHING less than 10 wins next year gets him fired. No more excuses, no more dumb penalties, no more meaningless December games. I mean shiit, you can't even be in the discussion with two home games left. That's totally unacceptable with this talent.

In case anyone wants to reminisce on some of the 16 year drought "highlights"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/192210/bills-close-to-extending-playoff-drought-to-16-seasons

2. Brian St. Pierre and Willie Parker crush Bills' hopes: Few games stick in the craw of Bills fans more than this one, a loss in Week 17 of the 2004 season to the Pittsburgh Steelers' backups when the Bills were on the verge of a playoff berth. The Bills had won six consecutive games but couldn't overcome the Steelers, who entered the finale 14-1 and rested starting quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and starting running back Jerome Bettis. In 2010, Football Outsiders' metrics rated the 2004 Bills as the best team ever to not qualify for the postseason.

I watched this one while holding my two day old son the day we came back from the hospital.  An appropriate way to introduce him to the futility that is Bills fandom.  He will turn 11 on NYE and looks to be sandbag-free as he shows but merely a passing interest in the Bills.

The best team of all time to not qualify for the playoffs?   At least we've got that going for us...... :lol:

Happy anniversary everyone! Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the last Buffalo Bills playoff victory. I believe china is the traditional gift for you last minute shoppers.

As far as DVOA this is how Rex's defense rank:

2005 (BAL) - 6
2006 (BAL) - 1
2007 (BAL) - 5
2008 (BAL) - 2
2009 (NYJ) - 1
2010 (NYJ) - 5
2011 (NYJ) - 2
2012 (NYJ) - 9
2013 (NYJ) - 12
2014 (NYJ) - 21
2015 (BUF) - 29

Appears to me that Rex may have lost his mojo.

In case anyone wants to reminisce on some of the 16 year drought "highlights"

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/192210/bills-close-to-extending-playoff-drought-to-16-seasons

I watched this one while holding my two day old son the day we came back from the hospital.  An appropriate way to introduce him to the futility that is Bills fandom.  He will turn 11 on NYE and looks to be sandbag-free as he shows but merely a passing interest in the Bills.

The best team of all time to not qualify for the playoffs?   At least we've got that going for us...... :lol:

My son just turned 11 a couple weeks ago and shows little to no interest in the Bills as well. I could probably strap the sandbag on him, but that would be child abuse.

Edited by EastsideOasis

2005 (BAL) - 6

2006 (BAL) - 1

2007 (BAL) - 5

2008 (BAL) - 2

2009 (NYJ) - 1

2010 (NYJ) - 5

2011 (NYJ) - 2

2012 (NYJ) - 9

2013 (NYJ) - 12

2014 (NYJ) - 21

2015 (BUF) - 29

Progressively getting worse the last 4 seasons.  Noice.

2005 (BAL) - 6

2006 (BAL) - 1

2007 (BAL) - 5

2008 (BAL) - 2

2009 (NYJ) - 1

2010 (NYJ) - 5

2011 (NYJ) - 2

2012 (NYJ) - 9

2013 (NYJ) - 12

2014 (NYJ) - 21

2015 (BUF) - 29

well.....I wont nitpick his record. But he sucks as a HC.And now he also sucks as a DC(we are giving him credit for the JETS so why not credit for the Bills??

Let's not forget 5 road games in 6 games including 3 in the row on the road and one trip over the pond.  Schedule makers did not help the Bills out

As jaded as I am about the Bills, I genuinely believe next year will be better

Edited by wjag

Let's not forget 5 road games in 6 games including 3 in the row on the road and one trip over the pond. Schedule makers did not help the Bills out

As jaded as I am about the Bills, I genuinely believe next year will be better

Yuck. Injuries are up there but THIS, this is my least favorite excuse.

This is sort of about the Bills...

I was watching the 10 minute NFL package they put together of all the games and they showed Bills-Dallas. They had the Buffalo feed with John Murphy calling all the plays; there must have been 30 or 40 of them.

What I've noticed is that on every single play, Murphy keeps saying the word "SNAP". 

With a grating Buffalo accent. 

I've been hearing this for years.

Murphy's got to go. He's announcing by rote...he's on autopilot...He keeps saying the same thing over and over again

and nobody's calling him on it.

They've given him enough time...Murph has definitely failed at being a PBP announcer IMO. He should either go back to being a 

color guy or  a sports anchor. 

Edited by Marvelo

Well, today is officially 20 years, 9 coaches, countless boneheaded plays, and numerous disappointments of every variety since the last Buffalo Bills playoff victory.  With this team looking like there at least needs to be some big personnel changes after this year, and if those band-aids aren't successful, there could be another rebuild.  I didn't even bother to try and count those since it'd be tough to figure out where one ended and the next began over the previous two decades.

Murph, in my opinion, is a shining example of what happens if you stay in one place and play it safe long enough that people will start calling you a legend.

I can't even listen to one second of his radio show.  He usually has interesting guests, but his constant schilling and lack of critical thinking regarding the Bills is nauseating.

Yes, I get it, he gets paid by the Bills, but have some self respect, John!  Examples (paraphrasing):

Caller: So and so player has not been good

John: Oh I disagree I think he's played well and remember that one play he once had (no matter how long ago it was and under what circumstances)?

Or:

Caller: Wow, the Bills did not play well and don't seem to be headed in a positive direction.

John: Don't you think they're close?  They just need to do this, this, and this and tighten up this, this, and this and remember that one good game they had (no matter how long ago)?  They play like that and they'll be formidable!

Murph, in my opinion, is a shining example of what happens if you stay in one place and play it safe long enough that people will start calling you a legend.

Well stated.

His PBP is so lackluster, with the singular exception of that Drayton Florence touchdown from a few years back.

His color commentary was better.

Edited by Eleven

Assume Sam Bradford hits the free agent market.

Interested?  

Not interested because of injury history?

Not interested for other reasons?

Not interested.  I would be a vocal advocate for him QBing the Jets or Fins.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.