Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Are you kidding? There are a lot of easy outs there. Starting with four games in the division. Then there's Jax, Balto, Cinci (I still am not a believer), St Lou, Oakland (see Cinci), Phoenix possibly in winter, etc....

You say easy outs, but what you mean is "teams the Bills will lose to because they shouldn't".

Are you kidding? There are a lot of easy outs there. Starting with four games in the division. Then there's Jax, Balto, Cinci (I still am not a believer), St Lou, Oakland (see Cinci), Phoenix possibly in winter, etc....

Jacksonville beat us this year and is only getting better. There's no reason not to believe in Cincinnati as a GREAR regular season team. It's not the playoffs we're talking about. Oakland is going to be interesting because they could go either way, especially with them likely moving to a new city.

This is a league where the Steelers, who may be the second best team in the AFC, just lost to a Ravens team fielding like 2.5 starters from the beginning of the season. Outside of the Patriots, I'm really not willing to put any stock in next season's strength of schedule. I'm also fairly certain that one year's strength of schedule to the next has no correlation that even approaches statistical significance. 

You say easy outs, but what you mean is "teams the Bills will lose to because they shouldn't".

Ha!

Jacksonville beat us this year and is only getting better. There's no reason not to believe in Cincinnati as a GREAR regular season team. It's not the playoffs we're talking about. Oakland is going to be interesting because they could go either way, especially with them likely moving to a new city.

Jax beat EJ and Boobie Dixon this year.

Cinci, same.

Oakland is freaking weak.

I'm sure we'll get the Bengals before they do their usual implosion too, which will be annoying.

This is a league where the Steelers, who may be the second best team in the AFC, just lost to a Ravens team fielding like 2.5 starters from the beginning of the season. Outside of the Patriots, I'm really not willing to put any stock in next season's strength of schedule. I'm also fairly certain that one year's strength of schedule to the next has no correlation that even approaches statistical significance. 

You're literally no fun.

I'm sure we'll get the Bengals before they do their usual implosion too, which will be annoying.

You're literally no fun.

This is true, but you're literally burying the Bills' 2016 season before their 2015 season is even over, so you're less than no fun and you're a pessimist. And you're visually unappealing. And your mom...is fun  :w00t:

Here's a depressing thought: if the standings hold through next week, your AFC starting QBs for the playoffs are going to be Brady, AJ McCarron, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weedon, Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Those games are going to be pretty awful to watch. 

Of course the glass half full view is that if those guys can make the playoffs, why can't Tyrod?

(And yes, I'm well aware McCarron and Osweiler are only starting due to mid-season injuries).

This is true, but you're literally burying the Bills' 2016 season before their 2015 season is even over, so you're less than no fun and you're a pessimist. And you're visually unappealing. And your mom...is fun  :w00t:

Nah, while it's fun to look at next year's schedule with my current view of each team I understand how much the offseason can change things. I'm actually a huge optimist, and start each season believing that we'll go 19-0. Next year shall be no different.

I'm definitely ugly though. And I'm telling my dad on you.

Nah, while it's fun to look at next year's schedule with my current view of each team I understand how much the offseason can change things. I'm actually a huge optimist, and start each season believing that we'll go 19-0. Next year shall be no different.

I'm definitely ugly though. And I'm telling my dad on you.

I have something to tell you...

This is true, but you're literally burying the Bills' 2016 season before their 2015 season is even over, so you're less than no fun and you're a pessimist. And you're visually unappealing. And your mom...is fun :w00t:

Here's a depressing thought: if the standings hold through next week, your AFC starting QBs for the playoffs are going to be Brady, AJ McCarron, Brock Osweiler, Brandon Weedon, Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Those games are going to be pretty awful to watch.

Of course the glass half full view is that if those guys can make the playoffs, why can't Tyrod?

(And yes, I'm well aware McCarron and Osweiler are only starting due to mid-season injuries).

Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Brian Hoyer will be back for the Texans by then. He's not much better (despite having a big year). Fitz is also starting due to injury but Geno is a downgrade. Fitz is having a huge year (a better single year than Tyrod).

But the point stands. If he grows off of this season and avoids the ineffective/negative impact games next year he can be in the playoffs. Or if the rest of the defense carries him. Or if the entire division collapses like it did for the Texans.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure Brian Hoyer will be back for the Texans by then. He's not much better (despite having a big year). Fitz is also starting due to injury but Geno is a downgrade. Fitz is having a huge year (a better single year than Tyrod).

But the point stands. If he grows off of this season and avoids the ineffective/negative impact games next year he can be in the playoffs. Or if the rest of the defense carries him. Or if the entire division collapses like it did for the Texans.

I can't believe I forgot about the Geno punch :lol:

Man talk about luck, the freakin' Jets fall backwards into a QB upgrade because a teammate punches the incumbent starter over a sum of money I'd be comfortable covering. Fitz may have taken the job over at some point anyway due to poor play from Geno, but even a month of Geno probably costs them the playoffs.

EXACTLY.

I have something to tell you...

December 27, but we may have post of the year, here.  At least dig of the year.

>hugs TB<

Analyzing strength of schedule, at any point in time is a fools errand. Trying to do so 9 months before hand, weathermen have better success.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.