Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Taylor is fine. Ryan isn't.

Roman, Taylor and the play calling are all a working progress and at this point aren't the problem. There are things that they just aren't asking Taylor to do yet. If he is able to develop to the next step, they will be on to something.

The problem as I see it, is Rex and some of the doumbest, unaware players I have seen. Leodis' play at the end of the half is just one example. First, he plays way off a guy that shouldn't be able to run by him, then he jogs to touch him after the catch. He touches him before he goes out of bounds and the half likely ends without a kick.

Thigpen realizes after the game that a fair catch at the 40 would be a good thing. Who knows if he knows that you can only run toward the line of scrimmage in the CFL.

Those three plays potentially resulted in a 14 point swing and they were just dumb. Toss in approximately 6 false start and encroachment penalties, stupid coaching decisions and its amazing how close the game was.

Roman, Taylor and the play calling are all a working progress and at this point aren't the problem. There are things that they just aren't asking Taylor to do yet. If he is able to develop to the next step, they will be on to something.

The problem as I see it, is Rex and some of the doumbest, unaware players I have seen. Leodis' play at the end of the half is just one example. First, he plays way off a guy that shouldn't be able to run by him, then he jogs to touch him after the catch. He touches him before he goes out of bounds and the half likely ends without a kick.

Thigpen realizes after the game that a fair catch at the 40 would be a good thing. Who knows if he knows that you can only run toward the line of scrimmage in the CFL.

Those three plays potentially resulted in a 14 point swing and they were just dumb. Toss in approximately 6 false start and encroachment penalties, stupid coaching decisions and its amazing how close the game was.

I know there were at least 4 encroachments.

A good coach could do more with this team.  And I really, really wanted to like Ryan.

Cf. Bylsma, Sabres.

I'm f#ckin' pissed. This team should be better than this.

Rex is hype.

More thoughts-

Woods sucks. He thinks he's great, but he sucks.

Without Tyrod, this team is hot garbage. He makes everything happen.

Once again we are subjected to BS conservative play calling on both sides of the ball (actually, on offense it was just stupid play calling) that directly lead to us losing.

This sucks.

Well, it was Rex who pushed Whaley to bring Taylor in, so...he gets points for that, right?

I had a philsophical discussion with a Lions fan at a bar in Key West. We brought up the question: What's worse: to be a Bills fans ( where they came within a few feet of a Super Bowl with 4 straight returns) or a Lions fan, who never even get close... 

What was the consensus? 

Wow! Juxtaposing last night's "ESPN Films: 30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo" with today's performance...unreal. This 2015 squad is just plain old unlikeable. Million dollar talent but ten cent brains. I think the Pegulas need to cut their losses and fire Rex in January. He's clearly not a quality NFL head coach....emotion and bravado are ok, but not if they accompany an inability to pay attention to detail or to learn from one's mistakes. It's one lost year...let's not make it any longer than that. 16 straight seasons of no playoffs....longest streak in all 4 leagues (NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA)...holy am I pissed off...

Well, to be fair, I didn't actually watch much of the game, but I have to assume that since we lost to the Eagles that we let him have a decent game? Am I far off

Same old story as all season. Get the other team in 3rd and long, or a big play comes up for us on offense, and we take a penalty to make it 3rd and short or go backwards 10 yards. No pressure on the QB, but instead constantly rushing 3 guys with the highest paid DL in the league, and a LB core that is beyond inept. Not exactly a good strategy. 

I wonder if bringing in Pettine next year will help

I tried to enjoy the game, but I hate the NFL and their product so much.  I was watching with my (Eagles fan) girlfriend, and when it was 20-20 I had the honest to god thought "Eh, I won't really care if the Bills win so it'd probably be better if the Eagles took this one."  I guess I'm really not a Bills fan anymore.

Myself from a year ago would be furious.

Myself from 2 years ago wouldn't believe it.

Myself from a year ago would be furious.

Myself from 2 years ago wouldn't believe it.

If I didn't get off on "negotiating" with directv for free Sunday Ticket every year then I wouldn't even watch. But if I have the option to watch, I have to! It's a sickness.

TT is a flawed QB obviously..But he has potential to be a good one(not great by any means because he has just too many deficiencies).

He is much better than the junk we have had for the past 15 yrs(OK that's not saying much).

In the words of a certain popular individual these days. "We have stupid people running this organization."

-Well maybe not--if Terryboy doesn't waste any more years with Rex. If he keeps the loud mediocre Ryan then

the next 15 yrs are gonna be as sad as the previous. Not because Rex will still be here but because we will then know

we have serious judgment issues at the very top .

--I don't think Terry is another jerry Jones or Little Danny----But he must move quickly after the yr to dump Rex.

2 wins over Miami,one over the jets, Houston, Tennessee(barely) and a stinko Indy team at home.

TT is a flawed QB obviously..But he has potential to be a good one(not great by any means because he has just too many deficiencies).

He is much better than the junk we have had for the past 15 yrs(OK that's not saying much).

In the words of a certain popular individual these days. "We have stupid people running this organization."

-Well maybe not--if Terryboy doesn't waste any more years with Rex. If he keeps the loud mediocre Ryan then

the next 15 yrs are gonna be as sad as the previous. Not because Rex will still be here but because we will then know

we have serious judgment issues at the very top .

--I don't think Terry is another jerry Jones or Little Danny----But he must move quickly after the yr to dump Rex.

2 wins over Miami,one over the jets, Houston, Tennessee(barely) and a stinko Indy team at home.

It's laughable after everything that has happened with the Sabres (and early in his ownership of the Bills), but at that very first presser with the Sabres Terry quoted one of the Rooneys about how "panic doesn't seem to be working." The Steelers in the early days apparently had a revolving door of coaches. I imagine Terry still believes that. Also, inasmuch as he and Kim (from what I've heard) pushed for Rex over Whaley's choice, I don't think they will pull the plug after one season. Enjoy, Bills fans. Oh yeah, I'll go adjust my tinfoil hat now.

Kind of off topic but it's ridiculous that the Steelers have had a total of three head coaches since 1969. The Bills have had 16 in that span.

The longest time they've had three coaches for was from the middle of 1986 to 2003 (Marv from 1986-1997, Wade from 1998-2000 and Gregg Williams from 2001-2003).

It's a relief, frankly, to see the Bills become what they are: A playoff bubble team that wouldn't have had much of a chance at all in a first round WC game.

And I can't see them being much better next season. Maybe their schedule will be more favorable? Maybe.

Anyway, I'm with those who see Rex as the problem. Between the defense's under-achievements and the many mental lapses, this team's mediocrity is on him.

It's a relief, frankly, to see the Bills become what they are: A playoff bubble team that wouldn't have had much of a chance at all in a first round WC game.

And I can't see them being much better next season. Maybe their schedule will be more favorable? Maybe.

Anyway, I'm with those who see Rex as the problem. Between the defense's under-achievements and the many mental lapses, this team's mediocrity is on him.

Rex yelled at the referees in the tunnel and all I could think of was, well you asshat maybe you should teach your team some discipline.

What's Rex done wrong?

I think we lead the league in penalties.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.