Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

This is a "run for the bus" kinda team.

Quite possible. Dunne's interview with Talley was a weird one (as I read it, I kept wondering whether and to what extent #56 is cognitively impaired), but his criticism of the team not playing for each other, and acting like teammates seemed valid.

I'm fine with getting rid of Whaley.

What do you have against Brandon?

Brandon was an integral part of the organization during the 15 (now 16) years of suckitude.  He was de facto GM for a period and was instrumental in the hiring of various retreads and losers at coach and GM, letting key players go in FA and, of course, the Toronto series abomination.

If you want to wash away a culture of losing, the senior people who were in charge when that culture took hold have to go.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Getting rid of everyone even remotely associated with the Bills over the past 15 years isn't going to remove the stain that is the culture of losing. It's still the same team, with the same history, logo, and city with the same fans. The only thing that gets rid of the the culture of losing is winning

I'm not a big fan of Bucky, but his piece on the 30 for 30 documentary nailed it.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/15/it-was-a-different-time-for-bills-and-fans-but-what-a-time-it-was/

Kids, let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a team and a town with a special bond, just like the documentary outlined. It really happened. And it was awesome.

Brandon was an integral part of the organization during the 15 (now 16) years of suckitude.  He was de facto GM for a period and was instrumental in the hiring of various retreads and losers at coach and GM, letting key players go in FA and, of course, the Toronto series abomination.

If you want to wash away a culture of losing, the senior people who were in charge when that culture took hold have to go.

Brandon's filling the seats, which is his job.  See: record number of season tickets sold this year.

Give Tom Brady and incurable case of Peyton Manning disease and/or a career ending injury in the remaining weeks or playoffs.  Right there is your path of least resistance to the 2016 playoffs for the Bills.

I think "Bills Marketing 2016" ideas could be fun.  One based on your post:

#Brady'sFinallyGoneIt'sOurTurn2016

Realistically:

#WeReallyAreGonnaBeGoodThisTimeJustBillieve!

Brandon's filling the seats, which is his job.  See: record number of season tickets sold this year.

I think "Bills Marketing 2016" ideas could be fun.  One based on your post:

#Brady'sFinallyGoneIt'sOurTurn2016

Realistically:

#WeReallyAreGonnaBeGoodThisTimeJustBillieve!

Yeah no Brady certainly wouldn't guarantee anything, but it would go longer than any coaching, front office or realistic player changes could. The Bills will still have to deal with shooting themselves in the foot on a regular basis and the "earned" officiating bias created by being irrelevant for 16 years and counting.

A Brady-less 2016 marketing slogan

#WeReallyMightBeatPats*OnceMaybeTwice  #NoFoolingYourselfRequired

Yeah no Brady certainly wouldn't guarantee anything, but it would go longer than any coaching, front office or realistic player changes could. The Bills will still have to deal with shooting themselves in the foot on a regular basis and the "earned" officiating bias created by being irrelevant for 16 years and counting.

A Brady-less 2016 marketing slogan

#WeReallyMightBeatPats*OnceMaybeTwice  #NoFoolingYourselfRequired

Why not just bring in Bernard Pollard for the marketing campaign?

He's gone.  He died.

Who knew he was saving all of the money for Buffalo and Detroit?

Well, I think it's part of his job, but far from all of it.  His participation, now and historically, in hiring the GM and coach was substantial and was the part of his job that had the biggest impact on the relentlessly mediocre on-field product.

He's gone.  He died.

Who knew he was saving all of the money for Buffalo and Detroit?

He was a prince until the end, and even afterwards.  But he had a blind spot when it came to spending money on GMs and coaches.

And Brandon was a big part of it.

I still firmly believe that selling football tickets in Buffalo isn't hard. If that's the goal then move the team to LA.

It gets especially easy if your GM/owner goes out and gets LeSean McCoy and Rex Ryan (which Russ Brandon was in the meetings on so likely had a say whether or not anybody will admit it).

Well, I think it's part of his job, but far from all of it.  His participation, now and historically, in hiring the GM and coach was substantial and was the part of his job that had the biggest impact on the relentlessly mediocre on-field product.

He was a prince until the end, and even afterwards.  But he had a blind spot when it came to spending money on GMs and coaches.

And Brandon was a big part of it.

You have zero evidence for this. None. This is pA and GoDD style speculation. Ralph's reluctance to spend money well predates Brandon's ascension in the franchise. 

I still firmly believe that selling football tickets in Buffalo isn't hard. If that's the goal then move the team to LA.

It gets especially easy if your GM/owner goes out and gets LeSean McCoy and Rex Ryan (which Russ Brandon was in the meetings on so likely had a say whether or not anybody will admit it).

Selling tickets in Buffalo isn't hard. Selling Luxury boxes, sponsorships, and endorsements (where the real money is made) is far less lucrative.

Rex disagrees with you True, that or he's being nice

"Did I expect our numbers to be much better than they are this year? Absolutely," Ryan said. "Absolutely did. I mean, I really did. I know we have the talent. This has been a good defense for the last two years, it was a really good defense. We haven't measured up statistically. It hasn't been by a lack of effort, or anything else. We just haven't the results that we expected."

"As I say, that falls directly on me. So I get that. No question. It doesn't need to be pointed anywhere else. It needs to be pointed at me. Like I said, I'm a big guy, I got broad shoulders, I can take it. Literally, I can count on -- well, this would be my first finger -- that I've ever been considered maybe a weakness of a team the way I coach defense. But clearly we haven't been up to what we anticipated. Any of us. The fan base, myself, players, everybody. And I get that. Now that's my responsibility. The season is not over. I expect to play better, but that's just the way it is."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14380763/rex-ryan-takes-blame-buffalo-bills-defensive-problems Edited by WildCard

You are too young to remember the 15K fan stadium experiences. Even during the Super Bowl years tickets weren't an easy sell after the original peak year.

As I said one hundred times before, if the position gets blame when it fails, it has to get credit when it succeeds.

I'm fine with getting rid of Whaley.

What do you have against Brandon?

No secret I have supported Whaley and Brandon throughout but I wouldn't have hated if Whaley was deemed not a good fit.

However, I have heard it is a virtual certainty that he remains whether a Senior advisor is brought in or not.

Edited by tom webster

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.