Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Anybody remember the time when the Bills and Lions were considered the laughing stocks when they both reached 11 years of not making the playoffs at the same time?

There shouldn't even be the slightest consideration of bringing up Tyrod as one to blame for what has transpired this year. If it weren't for him this team would have been mathmatically eliminated 4 weeks ago (even though most of us knew it was over week 7.

Anybody remember the time when the Bills and Lions were considered the laughing stocks when they both reached 11 years of not making the playoffs at the same time?

There shouldn't even be the slightest consideration of bringing up Tyrod as one to blame for what has transpired this year. If it weren't for him this team would have been mathmatically eliminated 4 weeks ago (even though most of us knew it was over week 7.

I don't think it's so much blaming him for the season as it is wishing he was better. Today, for instance, just a couple better decisions/throws and we probably win in spite of all of the other mistakes. When you have to decide to invest serious money in a guy, you'd rather he make those plays. Then again, plenty of players with 11 starts under their belt so the same thing to and go on to be good players.

To me his overall work this year has given me just enough hope to be reasonably optimistic if we don't bring in another a QB, but leaves just enough doubt to think we should. If that makes sense.

I don't think it's so much blaming him for the season as it is wishing he was better. Today, for instance, just a couple better decisions/throws and we probably win in spite of all of the other mistakes. When you have to decide to invest serious money in a guy, you'd rather he make those plays. Then again, plenty of players with 11 starts under their belt so the same thing to and go on to be good players.

To me his overall work this year has given me just enough hope to be reasonably optimistic if we don't bring in another a QB, but leaves just enough doubt to think we should. If that makes sense.

And bingo was his name-o. Tyrod is mostly big mistake-free. He has a great deep ball (I could call him inconsistent on it but it's the deep ball so that's natural). He struggles in the mid-range and short throws. Not great at hitting the deep comeback which is Sammy's best route as a pro.

The injuries and running will always give me hesitation. I wouldn't consider an extension until next year... He could blow up but in that case you're okay paying him.

TT is not our biggest problem by a mile. You put a good HC here and this is a 10-6 team easily.

People making all these suggestions about different players we need are missing the big picture.

Sure we need help at a few positions. But this  is a talented team with an awful HC.

Hard to imagination someone hiring Rex when 99% of the people in the NY metro area knew that 

the guy couldn't coach. That is a bit disturbing because there are other very football stupid billionaires

out there (Jerry and Little Danny) so the argument  that billionaires will automatically figure it out is not necessarily

valid. --If TPegs doesn't fire Rex ...then we may have a JJ or Little danny on our hands.

Tpegs finally caught on with the sabres,,so I think it is unl;ikely that he will let the Rex show go on.

Edited by calti

It makes sense, and that's the problem...... trying to work with mediocrity. And this fan base won't have the patience to deal with another 4 year rebuild.

I had a philsophical discussion with a Lions fan at a bar in Key West. We brought up the question: What's worse: to be a Bills fans ( where they came within a few feet of a Super Bowl with 4 straight returns) or a Lions fan, who never even get close... 

I had a philsophical discussion with a Lions fan at a bar in Key West. We brought up the question: What's worse: to be a Bills fans ( where they came within a few feet of a Super Bowl with 4 straight returns) or a Lions fan, who never even get close...

If you lived through it and were fortunate enough to experience it, then its a dumb question. Bills in the early 90s were a blast outside of four Sundays in late January.

Andy Dalton likely out for the season with a broken thumb

Not that I ever had a ton of faith in him, but that basically kills any chance the Bengals had of beating the Pats in the playoffs. They basically have to hope for an off game from Brady now...which has happened in the playoffs, but I wouldn't go around betting on it.

I'm a huge Mario Williams fan, but I think cutting him is a must this offseason. He's absolutely invisible out there. He had the big sack but that was more Bradford failing at his job than Mario succeeding at his.

He will probably end up playing elsewhere and playing well but this scheme has made him useless. And I'm willing to say he's got big effort issues, too. I've held back on those after many others were calling him out for it, but there was a run play today where he seemed satisfied with containing the back instead of stopping him in the backfield. Forced him inside which is often the DEs responsibility in the run game, but he was within arms reach for a two-yard loss and it turned into a few yards.

I'm f#ckin' pissed. This team should be better than this.

Rex is hype.

More thoughts-

Woods sucks. He thinks he's great, but he sucks.

Without Tyrod, this team is hot garbage. He makes everything happen.

Once again we are subjected to BS conservative play calling on both sides of the ball (actually, on offense it was just stupid play calling) that directly lead to us losing.

This sucks.

Edited by SwampD

Without Tyrod, this team is hot garbage. He makes everything happen.

Everything except a play when given umpteen trillion opportunities to do so late in a close game today. I like Tyrod, but let's not act like he didn't fail to do his job when it counted today.

Everything except a play when given umpteen trillion opportunities to do so late in a close game today. I like Tyrod, but let's not act like he didn't fail to do his job when it counted today.

But why were they even trying such high risk plays? It was four down territory and they only needed 5 yards to keep the game going. Same with the end of the first half. Roman sucks.

But why were they even trying such high risk plays? It was four down territory and they only needed 5 yards to keep the game going. Same with the end of the first half. Roman sucks.

Roman has been inconsistent but just because they run a play with Sammy running downfield doesn't mean Tyrod has to throw it. I'd have to get a full view of the field but I doubt everybody just ran deep. Sammy was one of several options.

Roman has been inconsistent but just because they run a play with Sammy running downfield doesn't mean Tyrod has to throw it. I'd have to get a full view of the field but I doubt everybody just ran deep. Sammy was one of several options.

True. And there were lots of replays where we saw open receivers that Tyrod just didn't see or throw to, but, with that O line of ours, without his scrambling skills, I doubt we even have two wins on the season.

True. And there were lots of replays where we saw open receivers that Tyrod just didn't see or throw to, but, with that O line of ours, without his scrambling skills, I doubt we even have two wins on the season.

With EJ as the full-time starter I think this team is 3-10 right now so we're definitely better off in that respect. It would be a bigger difference if we had won any games we "shouldn't have."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.