Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Dominator: we are pretty well-aligned on just about everything.

Your point about the o-line reminded me: Cordy Glenn looked terrible yesterday. Against the first team he didn't even look like he tried. Against the backups he looked overmatched still. His regression seems to continue.

Dominator: we are pretty well-aligned on just about everything.

Your point about the o-line reminded me: Cordy Glenn looked terrible yesterday. Against the first team he didn't even look like he tried. Against the backups he looked overmatched still. His regression seems to continue.

Yeah, again, I wasn't primarily watching the line so I don't know exactly how the pass blocking worked out. I don't know if the sacks are coming from players being overmatched, confused from pre-snap alignment, or simply from Rex sending more rushers than there are linemen on that side of the field. I'm still not overly worried about the front 5 in pass or run blocking until I see them in game action against someone other than Rex and a defense that finished with the most sacks in the NFL last season. 

Tyrod Taylor is certainly my favorite since he seems potentially able to become something great, and more realistically able to get there as well. And what I'm hearing about the D-line makes me excited to see them again, love seeing sacks and picks!

Erin and I are the same age and were teammates on a soccer team when we were 10.

Was there a rabbit on that soccer team?

a thing to remember is that the offense is typically way behind the defense at this point in camp.  The O-line is still gelling, and everyone is still trying to gain chemistry.  the defense returns 10 of 11 starters.  

I'm really hoping one of our QBs gets motivated here...

a thing to remember is that the offense is typically way behind the defense at this point in camp.  The O-line is still gelling, and everyone is still trying to gain chemistry.  the defense returns 10 of 11 starters.  

I'm really hoping one of our QBs gets motivated here...

People say that every year in Bills camp, but I have no idea if it's true because our offense is always terrible.  (Except for those Gailey/Fitz years when it was fun and also interceptions.)  Our defense has generally been good these passed 6 years or so.

It's definitely true now, though, because our defense is super bowl caliber and our offense has yet another new coordinator this season.

People say that every year in Bills camp, but I have no idea if it's true because our offense is always terrible.  (Except for those Gailey/Fitz years when it was fun and also interceptions.)  Our defense has generally been good these passed 6 years or so.

It's definitely true now, though, because our defense is super bowl caliber and our offense has yet another new coordinator this season.

Even as an English major and grammar nerd, I love this tendency of modern usage. There's something satisfyingly Germanic about it.

Just got my Bills - Titans tickets for the game here in Nashville on October 11th.  There will be a section of several hundred Bills fans (coordinated by the Bills Backers club down here) with a massive tailgate planned.  Should be a good time.  If anyone wants to attend you can call Jessica at the Titans ticket office ASAP at 615-565-4264.

I think D&C is banking on what everybody else is banking on: they'll default to Cassel if the other two don't clearly steal the job because he's the vet.

Agreed. Unless Taylor or EJ have a great showing during a preseason game, Meh will probably win it with the idea that he won't panic and throw picks. 

You could say that about any team who has yet another change in OC as well as the massive turnover in the starting lineup.  

QB purgatory.

Damn, Whaley. Dude came right out and said it.

Driving around this morning and I heard that. He also said they are going to have to find a college quarter back in the late first round or second round because this team is good enough not to be picking in the top ten.

Smell ain't lyin:

WGR550: Whaley: "We are almost in quarterback purgatory. We're good enough that we won't be picking 1st or 2nd overall"

Driving around this morning and I heard that. He also said they are going to have to find a college quarter back in the late first round or second round because this team is good enough not to be picking in the top ten.

Whaley really going to act like he doesn't know how to move up? This team should be doing just that. I don't care if they trade their entire draft. Get at least into the early teens for a guy you like.

Smell ain't lyin:

WGR550: Whaley: "We are almost in quarterback purgatory. We're good enough that we won't be picking 1st or 2nd overall"

Whaley really going to act like he doesn't know how to move up? This team should be doing just that. I don't care if they trade their entire draft. Get at least into the early teens for a guy you like.

During the rest of the interview, it seemed to me that he thought there wasn't a guy worth moving up for this year.

I think he's right.

Smell ain't lyin:

Come on, you are better then that. He has already shown that he knows how to move up and will do just that if there is someone he thinks is worthy but as has already been discussed, its not like they are the only team looking...

During the rest of the interview, it seemed to me that he thought there wasn't a guy worth moving up for this year.

I think he's right.

I think he's wrong if he think that. This is a very good QB draft.

Come on, you are better then that. He has already shown that he knows how to move up and will do just that if there is someone he thinks is worthy but as has already been discussed, its not like they are the only team looking...

That was my point. He does already know. It was mostly a joke.

And not too many teams seem to be moving out of those QB slots lately.  We're pretty much at the point where anyone who goes outside of the top 5 or so picks already falls into that Manuel-like crap shoot status.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.