Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Judging by tweets from those at the Bill's scrimmage tonight, it's

1) Taylor (by a mile)

2) Meh

3) EJ

With not too much separating the bottom 2

So far Taylor has been able to pick up the 1sts on 3rd downs, whereas Manual has hit 2 big plays (a 3rd would've been but it was dropped) and just can't be consistent with his accuracy. He completely under-throws a guy or he does this

Hard Foul Sports @HardFoulSports

EJ starts out with a 50 yard strike down the seam to Chris Hogan. Perfectly thrown ball. #Bills #BillsMafia

Edited by WildCard

So from what I understand, the Bills offense has not been good. That sounds about right :lol:.....or maybe :cry:

Basically this.

EJ has been by far the best QB based on what the twitter world is saying, but the media also seems to be focused on his reps the most. Tyrod had a good drive but I haven't heard much else. Cassel did nothing on his drive.

I'm rooting for EJ, but there's a lot working against him. There are members of the media (Buscaglia) who will always paint him in a bad light.

I also think he needs to be clear as day better than Tyrod to get the job. I have a feeling Rex and Roman already built the offense around him and will be annoyed to have to change it if EJ wins out. 

Never mistake confidence with lack of ability. 

The guy has mountains of confidence on and off the field. He definitely lacks ability in certain areas of his game. If footwork is an ability that's an obvious one.

Unofficial passing stats from tonight's #Bills scrimmage: EJ Manuel 5-11, 104 yds, 1 TD; Matt Cassel 2-6, 27 yds; Tyrod Taylor 8-13, 77 yds.

Edited by Hoss

The guy has mountains of confidence on and off the field. He definitely lacks ability in certain areas of his game. If footwork is an ability that's an obvious one.

Unofficial passing stats from tonight's #Bills scrimmage: EJ Manuel 5-11, 104 yds, 1 TD; Matt Cassel 2-6, 27 yds; Tyrod Taylor 8-13, 77 yds.

Mountains of confidence on the field? That's a new one. Nobody says he has perfect mechanics, but it's pretty clear he's lacked a pair of you know whats the last couple years.

@ChrisTrapasso

Wasn't able to attend #Bills practice but a few thoughts based on tweets / recaps I read from the scrimmage...

1. #Bills *need* O progress this year but if O marched up&down field v top-level BUF defense 1 week into camp, that've been biggest red flag

2. Still seems like 2horse race for #Bills QB job between EJ & Tyrod. Both w/ some sound throws. EJ hits @ all levels, Tyrod more checkdowns

3. EJ & Tyrod sound precisely like very inexperienced QBs w/ talent to become competent starters. Good throw. Good throw. Sack/easy misfire.

In other news: Geno Smith got booed at the Jet' scrimmage  :lol:

Unless he shows marked improvement, I'll be pretty ticked if Cassel gets the job. He has no upside at all and I don't think his floor is meaningfully higher than EJ/Tyrod. The guy is supposed to be the safe, predictable vet, but his accuracy is plenty erratic and he misses routine throws just like the others.

Unless he shows marked improvement, I'll be pretty ticked if Cassel gets the job. He has no upside at all and I don't think his floor is meaningfully higher than EJ/Tyrod. The guy is supposed to be the safe, predictable vet, but his accuracy is plenty erratic and he misses routine throws just like the others.

Kinda like we already knew :thumbsup:

EJ was 5-11 with 104 yards. That includes a 48 yarder and 35 yarder. Outside of that 3-9 with 21 yards.

Taylor was the only one with a good completion percentage. If he's accurate and not going to force big throws I want him. I'm fine with safe and consistent this year. Taylor made plays with his legs. Moved the ball.

IF footwork is an ability? Rest assured it is and I could argue none of a QB's other abilities matter much without it; from executing handoffs and especially in timing patterns. It is vital to be fundamentally sound in this area.

EJ is a schizoid of a QB. From the waist up, he is everything you could hope for. From the waist down, a train wreck.

GO BILLS!!!

You can argue that Tyrod's high completion percentage is because all he does is rely on his legs and checks it down. They're both not likely to be good. Really hope one is.

He doesn't just rely on his legs. He has "arm talent." He relies on his legs to get him out of trouble which is completely okay. I saw tweets that Tyrod made plays with his legs when he was in trouble. Meanwhile I saw a few tweets about a play where EJ had a wide open Robert Woods but ran the ball for less than a yard.

I'm confident that Tyrod is better than EJ to this point. The games will determine if that's accurate or not.

Tiny sample size. Lack of consistency.

A lot of good players would look pretty pedestrian if you remove their two best plays each week.

Edit: basically I think you're trying too hard to say "hey EJ isn't accurate" which anyone with eyes will agree with you in anyway.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.