Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

We're pretty much at the point where anyone who goes outside of the top 5 or so picks already falls into that Manuel-like crap shoot status.

which is why -- as terry pegula apparently read somewhere (*ahem--PA*) -- you should draft one every year until you get one that works out.

https://twitter.com/matthewwgr/status/530761808844713987

Edited by That Aud Smell

And not too many teams seem to be moving out of those QB slots lately.  We're pretty much at the point where anyone who goes outside of the top 5 or so picks already falls into that Manuel-like crap shoot status.

And so how much do you give up to move from ~20th to the top five to get that little better chance than a Manuel-esk prospect of making it to a starting QB?

I think he's wrong if he think that. This is a very good QB draft.

This can never be confidently asserted before the season starts. Time and time again sure-fire top-10 QBs have a down year and get drafted in the middle rounds. One recent example is Matt Barkley. Dude went from being a lock to go top-3 to drafted in the 4th.

This can never be confidently asserted before the season starts. Time and time again sure-fire top-10 QBs have a down year and get drafted in the middle rounds. One recent example is Matt Barkley. Dude went from being a lock to go top-3 to drafted in the 4th.

Yep, way too early to predict the ability of the QB prospects coming out, especially when we don't even know which underclassmen will declare early. With that said, there are probably 4-5 guys to keep an eye on. Hopefully a few of them show solid progress so there are multiple guys with 1st-2nd round grades

And so how much do you give up to move from ~20th to the top five to get that little better chance than a Manuel-esk prospect of making it to a starting QB?

You missed the first sentence in my post though.  Those teams in those slots seem to be picking those QBs themselves lately, other than RG3.  Let's face it, these bottom teams are there for a reason and usually a big part of that is their lack of a QB.  So basically, what I'm saying is that any QB that you may actually be able to move up to get is a crap shoot guy.  How much are you willing to give up in order to get yourself a coin toss (or even worse chances than that)?

I don't see how you can say something can't be confidently asserted when someone has just done exactly that.

All this QB talk is boring. I think we'll get just as good QB play out of Taylor or Manuel as we got from Orton last year. They might even make some plays with their legs that we didn't get last year.

And that still left us on the outside looking in.  We're probably going to need more than that from the position if we want to get anywhere.

And that still left us on the outside looking in.  We're probably going to need more than that from the position if we want to get anywhere.

If others could have held on to the ball late in a couple of those games we would have been in.

I don't see how you can say something can't be confidently asserted when someone has just done exactly that.

And I am confident that it will hold true through the year. There's a ton of guys in the mix for first/second round grades already. Some will falter and some will shine.

If others could have held on to the ball late in a couple of those games we would have been in.

And if a kicker could hit at least one FG, we're right back out.  It's going to take more than just a couple bounces going our way for this team to become a contender.  They've certainly assembled the talent at almost every other position, but they're going to need solid QB play to take it to the next level.

On the cost of trading up/reluctance of teams moving down: that's why I said into the teens. Those picks are moved somewhat often (and we might be sitting there anyways). There will likely be two or three guys that work their way into the top 5/10. If you can't get those guys then find the name in the next group that will hopefully solidify themselves into the mid-to-late 1st and get him.

Names to watch: Cardale Jones and JT Barrett (OSU), Connor Cook (MSU), Christian Hackenberg (PSU), Jared Goff (Cal), Gunner Kiel (Cincy), Cody Kessler (USC). "Meh" names that are popular: Dak Prescott (Miss St.), Trevone Boykin (TCU) and Kevin Hogan (Stanford).

Don't forget those dastardly refs!  All those playoff games the Bills would've won if it weren't for that sinister conspiracy that for some reason finds no support in the stats...

Don't forget those dastardly refs!  All those playoff games the Bills would've won if it weren't for that sinister conspiracy that for some reason finds no support in the stats...

You can be cute if you want to, but you'll see that as we get better, the calls will will start going our way. I'll be the first to point out when we've been given the gift of the "benefit of the doubt."

You missed the first sentence in my post though.  Those teams in those slots seem to be picking those QBs themselves lately, other than RG3.  Let's face it, these bottom teams are there for a reason and usually a big part of that is their lack of a QB.  So basically, what I'm saying is that any QB that you may actually be able to move up to get is a crap shoot guy.  How much are you willing to give up in order to get yourself a coin toss (or even worse chances than that)?

No, I heard the sarcasm and was running with it. You are dead on. The NFL QB selection process is a lot like going to the carnival and doing the ring toss or filling the balloon with the water pistol, the only time it works is when you have a no lose ringer.

cant all 3  be true?--the hurt and the bad and the better?

I think you're thinking of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."  :lol:

Jokes aside you're right: it doesn't take much to be better than our qb's.

Speaking of qb's, Brady thinks he has 7-8 years left in him...

"Thanks popa," Brady writes to childhood friend Kevin Brady during an email exchange discussing a Grantland story that illustrated a decline for Manning in comparing the two quarterbacks. "I've got another 7 or 8 years. He has 2. That's the final chapter. Game on."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13383354/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-predicts-peyton-manning-end-stamp-rivalry

If that's true you can bank on him being yet another HOF great who won't let go and ends up playing for a few different teams in his last years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.