Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

You ever read the NY Times profile of the guy (Brady), and the bizarre Mr. Miagi treatments he gets from his personal trainer? One such treatment occurred on the field at training camp (as soon as the muscle pull was detected), and allegedly saved him from missing time last season (or maybe it was 2013).

You ever read the NY Times profile of the guy (Brady), and the bizarre Mr. Miagi treatments he gets from his personal trainer? One such treatment occurred on the field at training camp (as soon as the muscle pull was detected), and allegedly saved him from missing time last season (or maybe it was 2013).

I believe he gets waxed off by the Patriot's staff if that's what you're getting at

Names to watch: Cardale Jones and JT Barrett (OSU), Connor Cook (MSU), Christian Hackenberg (PSU), Jared Goff (Cal), Gunner Kiel (Cincy), Cody Kessler (USC). "Meh" names that are popular: Dak Prescott (Miss St.), Trevone Boykin (TCU) and Kevin Hogan (Stanford).

Caught this article the other day on Blake Frohnapfel from UMass.  Any insight on this guy?

Here's that Brady profile from the NY Times. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/magazine/tom-brady-cannot-stop.html?_r=0

And here's the piece I had in mind:

On the Wednesday before the Patriots’ season opener against Miami, Brady was going through a drill in practice when he felt a tug in his right calf, followed by sharp pain. It was either a tear or a severe pull, an injury that Brady said can require four to six weeks of recovery.

Brady has suffered only one major injury in his career — an anterior-cruciate-ligament tear during the season opener in 2008 that caused him to miss the rest of the year — and has grown accustomed to dealing with problematic muscles with Guerrero’s help. After the strain in practice, Brady hobbled up to Guerrero, who felt around the injured area and isolated the site of the trauma. He went to work stimulating the area with his hands to flush out the excess blood and lymph that build up around an injury. When damaged, muscles naturally constrict, bundle up and eventually harden. This is part of the healing process, but a slow one. Guerrero worked to “re-educate” the muscles in the affected area so they would not, in a sense, behave as if they had been injured. To an untrained observer, these maneuvers resemble a series of massage techniques, but Brady does not like the term “massage,” because he believes that it sells short the awesomeness of what Guerrero does. “It’s like giving a chef flour and eggs and saying, ‘O.K., we’ll make biscuits,' ” he says. “Well, sure, everyone is going to make them different. But Alex is perfect at it.” Brady missed only one day of practice after the calf injury.

“Body work” is Guerrero’s preferred term for his massagelike “technique.” Brady had raved to me about Guerrero when we met in New York. He told me they had started a business together, called TB12, that would institutionalize Guerrero’s technique. The business is in a shopping center behind the Patriots’ home field, Gillette Stadium, but it is hard to describe what exactly TB12 is — not a gym, not a group practice of personal trainers, not a nutrition or massage-therapy center. Whenever I asked Brady and Guerrero to define TB12, they would talk of things like “re-educating muscles” and “prehab” (preventing injuries, rather than dealing with them after they happen). Inevitably, they would come around to the word “lifestyle.” (“Everyone thinks I’m a kook and a charlatan,” Guerrero says, referring to how some traditional trainers view him.)

I think he's wrong if he think that. This is a very good QB draft.

That was my point. He does already know. It was mostly a joke.

If this is a very good QB draft (first I've heard that), he shouldn't need to trade up to get one.

Being totally honest: this is the first time I've ever heard of him. I'll keep an eye on him.

Another one to keep an eye on: Carson Wentz from North Dakota State. 1 year starter, about 6'5 220 and mobile. Here's a vine of him throwing a 15 yard out. https://vine.co/v/e1ieL60VrnEDefinitely an NFL throw. I really don't know much else about him but he's a dark horse to look out for. Here's an article with more info on him: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2520812-can-carson-wentz-become-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-prospect

If this is a very good QB draft (first I've heard that), he shouldn't need to trade up to get one.

Disagree wholeheartedly .QB isn't a position you sit and wait for the one who is left at your spot. It's a position you have a list of guys and try to get the best one possible from your list.

You'd be right if you were talking about a good WR draft. Wait... :p

Some good stuff at Bill's camp today

EJ shines today

@JoeBuscaglia 
Minus one interception in one-on-one work, EJ Manuel has had a nice afternoon of American football practice today. #Bills

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

On his second two minute drill, EJ Manuel throws a deep TD to Andre Davis. Ross Cockrell got beat. His first attempt was a three and out.

@MatthewFairburn

EJ Manuel was working with 3s against No. 3 D. First two minute drill stalled. Second ended w/ a nice deep ball to A. Davis for ~45 yard TD.

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn

Bills QB stats in 11-on-11 so far based on my notes in order of how they took reps. Cassel: 8-10, Tyrod: 6-9, Manuel: 13-14 with a TD.

Joe Buscaglia

EJ has had the day of practice he needed to today. It's a good step in the right direction. Didn't like Cassel's day. Liked Taylor, too.

Dave Thompson

@BuildingROC

EJ consistently hitting 10-15 yard throws against the second team D. #Bills

Rex presser: "Best practice we've had offensively"

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Rex-Ryan-Best-Practice-Weve-Had-Offensively/35305229-d072-45d7-ad8a-7069a464cca3

Rex mic'd up at camp. Some funny stuff, and he gushes about Mario and the defense 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000507125/Rex-Ryan-mic-d-up-at-training-camp 

Rex and Terry eating a dog biscuit for the SPCA. Pegula challenges Dareus to eat one at the end  :lol:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Watch-Rex-Ryan-Accepts-Dog-Biscuit-Challenge/c49c8dd1-f947-4edb-b003-b4a8bd080c43

Also Leodis out for awhile it sounds like. Combine that with Darby's brief success thus far in camp and the pick doesn't look too bad

Edited by WildCard

Has there been much discussion about Watkins at camp so far?  I'm very curious to see what he can do this year, both with being healthy and also having a coach who actually wants to use him.

I'm too lazy to dig for the tweets and highlights, but he's been incredible. He burned Gilmore on a beautiful stop-and-go for a long TD, and absolutely trucked a younger DB in blocking a reportedly 10 yards backwards. He was sidelined today with some stiffness in his hip, but it's more precautionary than anything

Rex presser: "Best practice we've had offensively"

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Rex-Ryan-Best-Practice-Weve-Had-Offensively/35305229-d072-45d7-ad8a-7069a464cca3

Rex mic'd up at camp. Some funny stuff, and he gushes about Mario and the defense 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/buffalo-bills/0ap3000000507125/Rex-Ryan-mic-d-up-at-training-camp 

From watching Rex's presser, the impression I get on the QB situation is this:

1. Rex is rooting for Tyrod

2. EJ is Whaley's guy

3. Cassel is the floor in case both guys fail.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but the video sort of cemented it for me. The way Rex starts off talking up Tyrod. The way he drops his head when asked about EJ, then throwing in how Tyrod had 2 straight good days. 

I'm a big believer in reading between the lines in press conferences and interviews to get the real story and this was as clear to me as anything else. EJ has a lot to overcome. 

Just based on Twitter reports it looked like EJ was awesome yesterday but just okay today. Matt Cassel had a rough day yesterday. Tyrod continued to be consistently good, likely having the best day today (he got the first first team reps). EJ was with the backups for the first portion of practice today.

Sal from WGR said that he believes EJ has the highest ceiling and the highest floor. I agree that he likely has the highest ceiling (although we don't know enough about Tyrod yet), but I don't believe he has the highest floor. I believe the highest floor is Cassel. He's never been the disastrous pick-six during a breakdown type. EJ has.

Just based on Twitter reports it looked like EJ was awesome yesterday but just okay today. Matt Cassel had a rough day yesterday. Tyrod continued to be consistently good, likely having the best day today (he got the first first team reps). EJ was with the backups for the first portion of practice today.

Sal from WGR said that he believes EJ has the highest ceiling and the highest floor. I agree that he likely has the highest ceiling (although we don't know enough about Tyrod yet), but I don't believe he has the highest floor. I believe the highest floor is Cassel. He's never been the disastrous pick-six during a breakdown type. EJ has.

I have a feeling he meant highest ceiling lowest floor.

From watching Rex's presser, the impression I get on the QB situation is this:

1. Rex is rooting for Tyrod

2. EJ is Whaley's guy

3. Cassel is the floor in case both guys fail.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but the video sort of cemented it for me. The way Rex starts off talking up Tyrod. The way he drops his head when asked about EJ, then throwing in how Tyrod had 2 straight good days. 

I'm a big believer in reading between the lines in press conferences and interviews to get the real story and this was as clear to me as anything else. EJ has a lot to overcome. 

I think you're right on with this.

In other news: Aldon Smith is released by the 49's after his 3rd, 3rd, DUI arrest; this one including a hit-and-run and vandalism. The kicker? 49's GM said he wouldn't have cut Smith but when he visited him in jail the next day Smith refused to take any responsibility for the crime. Man, this guy is turning into a 30-For-30 special on wasted talent

uggggh..that pick 6 at the goal line....looked like he was shot-putting a cupcake

‏@BuffaloBillsPR

Saturday night's #Bills scrimmage will now start at 6 PM, which is a change from the previously scheduled start time of 7 PM.

@mikerodak: Rex Ryan hints that evaluation of QBs will heat up later this week, especially at an instrasquad scrimmage Saturday:http://t.co/mX6iZXVWer 

@mikerodak: The Bills will have 6 possessions with the first team in tomorrow's scrimmage. Each of Manuel, Cassel and Taylor will run 2.

@JonahJavad: Rex doesn't plan on resting any starters for tomorrow night's scrimmage. #BillsCamp

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.