Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I don't think it will take anything in the realm of 2000 yards. Frankly, I think anyone requiring 2000 yards to offset his off field stuff, probably would just say something like "oh yea? But he didn't break the all-time record so he's not worth it" should he actually hit 2k.

2000 is a yardage equivalent to his level of douchiness, not a literal demand or expectation to compensate. Actually, no amount of yardage would offset his douchiness for that matter. He is a grade A butthole and I can see his act wearing thin. Thankfully, we have a locker room that can tolerate it. I don't think he is impressing folks in the front office with this kind of behavior, either.

GO BILLS!!!

I love that the rsvp is shadymccoyprivateevent@gmail.com

Outstanding.

I find this event to be in poor taste and extremely predatory. Obviously the women have to get there to get to that point, but he just created an event entirely for women who will be consuming alcohol through the night and are only there for an athlete who put out a creepy and obvious invite.

Holy PC righteous victimization feminism Batman.

And the woman rsvp'ing know exactly what they are applying for.

All he really did is publicize and formalize what goes on every day. Young, good looking guys with fame and crazy amounts of money and woman whose life's ambition is to be the one who got the guy.

Should have stuck with "in poor taste" :P

If we're really going to go the predatory route here, what do you think the chances are some of the women who end up going want to get pregnant for the money? Both he and everyone who goes knows exactly what this is about, there's nothing predatory about it...the RSVP indicates it will send them the clothes to wear FFS.

Exactly.

Holy PC righteous victimization feminism Batman.

Holy insulting an opinion without adding any legitimate or worthwhile feedback while being somebody who constantly calls out others for doing similar... Batman.

:p

I find it predatory. I really do. He knows his position will give him an instant advantage as far as sleeping with certain women goes and he's boasting about it.

You have to sign a confidentiality agreement for sake. What in the world? I'm a bit disgusted by this (and I'm just as disgusted when others do it). I don't find it criminal nor have I claimed that it is.

Only attractive women who can legally drink are invited... If they're willing to enter a legally binding agreement to never talk about the things that happen. It's like a Disney ball if Prince Charming was bringing his entire crew to get the scraps from those he doesn't choose (admittedly an assumption that McCoy will be doing just that).

Edited by Hoss

35 years ago I went down to Daytona beach with 8 friends. I spent $10K I had saved up on beer, goldschlager(?) and coke. We invited every girl on the beach into our block of rooms. At one point we had over sixty girls in our room including 4 girls from the front desk that were sent up to stop the party. God knows how much easier it would have been with the Internet.

When we got back home we were broke but had the time of our lives. We all started our careers because we had little choice. If I had had $20 million, I'd probably still be down there selling maps on the beach. It's just not a big deal.

Holy insulting an opinion without adding any legitimate or worthwhile feedback while being somebody who constantly calls out others for doing similar... Batman.

:P

I find it predatory. I really do. He knows his position will give him an instant advantage as far as sleeping with certain women goes and he's boasting about it.

You have to sign a confidentiality agreement for ###### sake. What in the world? I'm a bit disgusted by this (and I'm just as disgusted when others do it). I don't find it criminal nor have I claimed that it is.

Only attractive women who can legally drink are invited... If they're willing to enter a legally binding agreement to never talk about the things that happen. It's like a Disney ball if Prince Charming was bringing his entire crew to get the scraps from those he doesn't choose (admittedly an assumption that McCoy will be doing just that).

Any woman who goes has to decide they want to go, actually take the action of taking the picture and "applying" for the RSVP...then endure the passage of time, and make the decision to put on the provided outfit and finally go through with it all and go. There's a ton of decision points for these women to make a different choice. This isn't like him walking up to an attractive chick at a club who had clearly had too much to drink and sweet-talking her with who he is and his money and so on. That's predatory. This? It really, really isn't.

Any woman who goes has to decide they want to go, actually take the action of taking the picture and "applying" for the RSVP...then endure the passage of time, and make the decision to put on the provided outfit and finally go through with it all and go. There's a ton of decision points for these women to make a different choice. This isn't like him walking up to an attractive chick at a club who had clearly had too much to drink and sweet-talking her with who he is and his money and so on. That's predatory. This? It really, really isn't.

Difference of opinion. I still find it predatory. "Come to this private location. I'm rich, famous and there will obviously be a ton of alcohol." It's "come to my house, I know your parents and have candy" for adults and legal.

You KNOW that a ton of women are just going to say no and ignore you. But you always KNOW that a ton of women will come with one thing in mind and that's what you're hoping for.

It's skeevy but the prey in this instance are asking to be hunted and hoping to get shot.

I agree with you. It's just that some will not look at it as predatory. I do. Shooting fish in a barrel after asking nicely for them to come into the barrel.

35 years ago I went down to Daytona beach with 8 friends. I spent $10K I had saved up on beer, goldschlager(?) and coke. We invited every girl on the beach into our block of rooms. At one point we had over sixty girls in our room including 4 girls from the front desk that were sent up to stop the party. God knows how much easier it would have been with the Internet.

When we got back home we were broke but had the time of our lives. We all started our careers because we had little choice. If I had had $20 million, I'd probably still be down there selling maps on the beach. It's just not a big deal.

that's awesome.  :lol:

I was going to ask who gets stuck wearing the gimp suit, but then I realized it was women only.  I'm late to this party, but I'm not quite sure what I find more disturbing here, that he's actually having this party or that more than enough women will be willing to go.  People really are screwed up.

:P

You have to sign a confidentiality agreement for ###### sake. What in the world? I'm a bit disgusted by this (and I'm just as disgusted when others do it). I don't find it criminal nor have I claimed that it is.

I expressed my opinion by agreeing with the other posts that articulated why this is not predatory behavior by McCoy (although it certainly is cheesy).

A predator is something that hunts down, kills and feasts on those who are trying to get away.  The women who come to this party are going because they want to have a big night out in a sexy outfit and party/hook up with NFL players.  They want to be there.

Now, if any of the men there physically forces a woman to do something she doesn't want to do (or drugs her or something like that) -- that would be predatory. 

It's also worth noting, as someone pointed out upthread, that it's quite likely that a number of the women who attend the party will be engaged in their own form of predatory behavior -- i.e. trying to get pregnant with an NFL player's baby for economic reasons.  That's a phenomenon that doesn't get much play in college gender and society seminar.

Hypo since no one is agreeing with Hoss. Is a 50 year old man who flirts with and gets a 16 year old girl to come to his house a predator? I think so because it's taken advantage of a situation to manipulate someone to be used to achieve your a goal. In that example the victim is young and naive and the man has the age advantage.

Now add 5 years to the girls age, and millions of dollars to the man. Still a form of manipulation and same phenonenon going on imo. I don't think a 21 year old girl enamored with a millionaire celebrity is any less naive than the 16 year old girl, nor is McCoy any less aware what he is doing.

That would be my argument at least. A predator is not necessarily require to be on the offensive or getting someone who is trying to get away.

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Hypo since no one is agreeing with Hoss. Is a 50 year old man who flirts with and gets a 16 year old girl to come to his house a predator? I think so because it's taken advantage of a situation to manipulate someone to be used to achieve your a goal. In that example the victim is young and naive and the man has the age advantage.

Now add 5 years to the girls age, and millions of dollars to the man. Still a form of manipulation and same phenonenon going on imo. I don't think a 21 year old girl enamored with a millionaire celebrity is any less naive than the 16 year old girl, nor is McCoy any less aware what he is doing.

That would be my argument at least. A predator is not necessarily require to be on the offensive or getting someone who is trying to get away.

How many guys out at the bar on a Friday night spinning their best lines in the hope of getting lucky are predators?

Obviously the 50-year-old in your example is clearly over the line, whereas I think Shady is a douchebag, not a predator.

But it raises a good question: At what point does "should have known better" become relevant?

Edited by dudacek

It's definately skeevy, but it's not all that different than publicizing the party and having bouncers pick people out of line that can come into a club.

You forgot about the part where the bouncers would require the people to change into different clothes before they can get into the club.  Unless there's some crazy theme to the whole thing, that's the part that seems extra creepy to me.

How many guys out at the bar on a Friday night spinning their best lines in the hope of getting lucky are predators?

Obviously the 50-year-old in your example is clearly over the line, whereas I think Shady is a douchebag, not a predator.

But it raises a good question: At what point does "should have known better" become relevant?

In terms of regrets after sex granted with non-inebriated affirmative consent, always.

In terms of unwanted sexual assault, never.

You forgot about the part where the bouncers would require the people to change into different clothes before they can get into the club. Unless there's some crazy theme to the whole thing, that's the part that seems extra creepy to me.

That and the confidentiality agreement. It's basically saying "some really messed up is going to happen that night."

That and the confidentiality agreement. It's basically saying "some really messed up ###### is going to happen that night."

Such a high profile event is unlikely to end up this way.  IMPO

Forgot to add, all 8 of us used the same guys name and address (no cell phones back then). That guy was getting letters for years.

Sounds like you did him a favor. Did he ever meet up with one of them afterwards? Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.