Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

It's not perfect, but my point is the body of work should be remembered. With Wilson, for whatever reason, it seems to me people want to canonize him and ignore the very real negatives of his ownership.

The negatives were indeed real.  My point was simply that hearing about an incredibly generous gift and responding immediately with complaints about him seemed a bit ungracious.

I would also point out that in evaluating the entire picture, WNY did very well by Ralph.  It wasn't as well as we might've liked, especially in the post-Butler era, but we don't get everything we want in this life.

Stuff like this makes it even more infuriating that his financial commitment to fielding the best possible team was always so inconsistent at best to totally lacking at its worst.

With Wilson, it was never being cheap, although that was continuously misrepresented. That he didn't spend wisely is obvious but they were never near the bottom in actual cash paid out. He had a long held belief that money was wasted on coaches and front offices and was loyal to a fault but he was never as cheap as was reported.

The negatives were indeed real.  My point was simply that hearing about an incredibly generous gift and responding immediately with complaints about him seemed a bit ungracious.

I would also point out that in evaluating the entire picture, WNY did very well by Ralph.  It wasn't as well as we might've liked, especially in the post-Butler era, but we don't get everything we want in this life.

Well said.

Per the BufNews article - he had a 20 year deadline to spend the money because he wanted people that actually knew him to help see where the money went.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/21/wilson-foundation-to-announce-spending-plans/

Why will the whole trust be spent within 20 years?

“Ralph saw first hand the impact of his generosity in his lifetime,” stated his wife, Mary M. Wilson. Always thinking of others, he hoped the foundation’s work would have “a direct impact in the lifetimes of those who knew him best,” she added.

“This time frame was established so that the organization’s impact will be immediate, substantial and measurable,” the foundation stated in an email response to a question from The News.

Anyone read about this party that McCoy is having? Ladies only, 21+ only, must submit a picture, must sign confidentiality agreement, must provide all social media info.

Hahaha, this guy is awesome. Live your life young man.

Edit: http://deadspin.com/lesean-mccoy-bring-me-all-of-your-women-1719816903

Edited by ubkev

With Wilson, it was never being cheap, although that was continuously misrepresented. That he didn't spend wisely is obvious but they were never near the bottom in actual cash paid out. He had a long held belief that money was wasted on coaches and front offices and was loyal to a fault but he was never as cheap as was reported.

Very cool thing that Ralph, through his estate, just did.

Agree w/ you that he wasn't cheap. But his peculiarities as to what was the right way and the wrong way to go about things (especially wrt his football team) was, at times, maddening, to say the least.

But there will be plenty of time for discussions about those peculiarities and now isn't the time for them. Now's the time for saying 'thank you Mr. Wilson.'

Thank you Mr. Wilson.

Anyone read about this party that McCoy is having? Ladies only, 21+ only, must submit a picture, must sign confidentiality agreement, must provide all social media info.

Champion. Absolute champion :lol:

He better be careful

http://fusion.net/story/172010/these-are-the-american-cities-with-the-highest-rates-of-stds/

This is the response you get when you RSVP:

Thank Your for Your RSVP to LeSean Mccoy's Private Extravaganza Taking place on Sunday Evening July 26th 2015! Below are the Following Requirements to Be Confirmed for the Event. 

1. Please Submit Full name (As seen on ID) 21+ is a MUST *ID's Will be CHECKED for Admission

2. Please Submit 1 Picture AND Provide Social Media information I.E. Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. 

3. Upon Entry Patrons will be asked for ID's and to Sign Confidentiality agreement.

4. There are NO PLUS 1's Everyone MUST individually RSVP to event

5. Upon confirmation Email you will receive Pick up/ Drop off Location and Attire.        

This whole thing is... Shady.  :flirt: 

I see McCoy wearing out his welcome sooner than later.

GO BILLS!!!

As hilarious as I find the whole party plan, it is an example of why people around the league raised eyebrows at the extension with guaranteed money we handed him when there wasn't an especially compelling reason to do so. Under his old deal the team could have cut him and moved on without any pain...but now? Pain. 

That said...

Entirely dependent on his production.

Pretty much this. If he produces it won't matter.

Absolutely. And it has to be at a level sufficient to offset his douchiness. Might just take a 2000 yard season tomdomthat, too.

GO BILLS!!!

He could have slightly above-average seasons and people still wouldn't riot, provided of course that the Bills as a whole are successful. This city has been so starved for a winning team that, IMO, we'll put up with some ###### for awhile if it means the Bills are successful.

I wish I could put Freddie's soul into McCoy's body. Separately, the last Bill's jersey I bought was one my grandmother bought me way back at a Bill's preseason game; the jersey? Eric Moulds. The team's been in such flux that (personnel wise) that I never wanted to invest in one. But I think this year I'll get a Freddie one

I love that the rsvp is shadymccoyprivateevent@gmail.com

Bet you his luggage code is 1-2-3-4-5

Edited by WildCard

Absolutely. And it has to be at a level sufficient to offset his douchiness. Might just take a 2000 yard season to do that, too.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think it will take anything in the realm of 2000 yards. Frankly, I think anyone requiring 2000 yards to offset his off field stuff, probably would just say something like "oh yea? But he didn't break the all-time record so he's not worth it" should he actually hit 2k.

I find this event to be in poor taste and extremely predatory. Obviously the women have to get there to get to that point, but he just created an event entirely for women who will be consuming alcohol through the night and are only there for an athlete who put out a creepy and obvious invite.

I find this event to be in poor taste and extremely predatory. Obviously the women have to get there to get to that point, but he just created an event entirely for women who will be consuming alcohol through the night and are only there for an athlete who put out a creepy and obvious invite.

And the woman rsvp'ing know exactly what they are applying for.

All he really did is publicize and formalize what goes on every day. Young, good looking guys with fame and crazy amounts of money and woman whose life's ambition is to be the one who got the guy.

All he really did is publicize and formalize what goes on every day. Young, good looking guys with fame and crazy amounts of money and woman whose life's ambition is to be the one who got the guy.

Yea, I still find it to be a tad predatory.

Same with Dan Bilzerian's entire life.

Yea, I still find it to be a tad predatory.

Same with Dan Bilzerian's entire life.

Should have stuck with "in poor taste" :p

If we're really going to go the predatory route here, what do you think the chances are some of the women who end up going want to get pregnant for the money? Both he and everyone who goes knows exactly what this is about, there's nothing predatory about it...the RSVP indicates it will send them the clothes to wear FFS.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.