Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

select passer_rating where player_season_number=1 and game_number<4 and game_number>0;

As long as the data is in a database, getting it out isn't that hard. There should be a sort and average in there, but my SQL knowledge is very basic.

That's not what I meant. :rolleyes:

JJ only believes in entire career stats.  Don't waste the effort.

Don't be snide. There are detailed stats then there are ridiculous reaches. It proves absolutely nothing. Why did they stop at three games, did reality set in by game four?

Don't be snide. There are detailed stats then there are ridiculous reaches. It proves absolutely nothing. Why did they stop at three games, did reality set in by game four?

LOL

Because silly, as the story pointed out, EJ's usage changed after 3 games.  The *entire point* of the article was to show the change in usage after 3 games and its correlation with EJ's drop in performance.  So yeah, get yer stats hate out on the only game stretch they could have used to see if his performance changed when his usage changed.

Obviously, 3 games isn't any kind of reliable sample, but if that's what you've got, you use it and hold your nose.

Exactly, three games into the season and EVERY team's strategies change when they get a better handle on things. Three games isn't enough to prove anything. Besides there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary except for the Carolina game....... stats-wise at least.

Exactly, three games into the season and EVERY team's strategies change when they get a better handle on things. Three games isn't enough to prove anything. Besides there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary except for the Carolina game....... stats-wise at least.

Right. And in this case the change in strategy came BEFORE EJ's play went downhill.  Which was the point the author was making with his red underwear stats.

Then perhaps if the author is going to use QB rating as his basis that EJ was so much better in a 3 game span, he probably should mention that his QB rating was almost identical from game 4 to the end of the season.

He didn't say it explicitly, but the ENTIRE POINT is that his performance changed after week 3.    

It's a pisspoor article no matter how you look at it. He takes a three game span in which he bases performance on QB rating, and attempts to convince the reader that Marrone changed how EJ was used. What he failed to mention is that his QB rating for the rest of the season remain unchanged. So obviously based on the author's parameters NOTHING changed. He did however bring up his 3rd down usage. What he failed to mention was how good EJ actually was on 3rd down. If you're trying to convince the reader that his 3rd down performance was another parameter in gauging his abilities, the play selection is completely irrelevant. What should have been used was his passing stats on 3rd down.

This article does absolutely nothing to convince me Marrone had anything to do with EJ's progression......or lack thereof after the 3rd game. (I assume he was trying to convince me it was a regression...... I couldn't tell).

No, but it's pretty worthless, especially under the circumstances of how EJ got those starts (Kolb's brain being scrambled).

Wouldn't have mattered if Kolb were healthy. Manuel outplayed him in OTAs, mini camp, and training camp. Something nobody expected. It would have been a tough sell to the vets on that team especially, if Marrone named anyone other than Manuel the starter.

GO BILLS!!!

i heard about this. is there a reason he did this? i mean, other than just wanting to do it. like a charity or cause being promoted.

I heard he was doing it to bring awareness to women's sandals. He's been an opponent of close toed shoes for decades now.

Edited by Drunkard

I'm not

Not a lot of news that comes out on a Friday afternoon gets much attention.

It's Friday. Everybody is finally out of the work week or ready to be out of the work week. They'll want to wind down with some fun or something other than sitting around bitching about whatever bad news you just fed out. And nobody will sit around talking about it at work because they don't work the next two days.

If you're a blogger you should avoid Friday like the plague.

Now that you're aware of it you'll be surprised at the number of news stories that people will be disappointed with are released on Friday afternoons. Especially in sports.

Government agencies are another big offender. The recent 9/11 files were released on a Friday afternoon and nobody really paid attention. If you want to slip something by the public's minds do it then.

Edited by Hoss

It's Friday. Everybody is finally out of the work week or ready to be out of the work week. They'll want to wind down with some fun or something other than sitting around bitching about whatever bad news you just fed out. And nobody will sit around talking about it at work because they don't work the next two days.

Now that you're aware of it you'll be surprised at the number of news stories that people will be disappointed with are released on Friday afternoons. Especially in sports.

Government agencies are another big offender. The recent 9/11 files were released on a Friday afternoon and nobody really paid attention. If you want to slip something by the public's minds do it then.

Its still an effective marketing tool but not quite as effective as the days before the internet and 24 hours news coverage.

Its still an effective marketing tool but not quite as effective as the days before the internet and 24 hours news coverage.

Not quite. But still effective. It's not going to make everybody think "whatever happened to that Tom Brady appeal?" But it'll take some attention off. And some is better than none in the league's eyes.

A good explanation, thanks

Are you familiar with the concept of a 'Friday news dump'?

That's why I assume it'll come on a Friday afternoon.

I am.

I was bringing the beat back (Seinfeld bass line) by invoking another kernel of wisdom previously bestowed.

The bigger question: Can an organization pull off a Friday news dump from the deck of a boat?

I am.

I was bringing the beat back (Seinfeld bass line) by invoking another kernel of wisdom previously bestowed.

The bigger question: Can an organization pull off a Friday news dump from the deck of a boat?

Yes. You can do just about anything from a boat except things you can't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.