Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Joe B is doing his top talents on the Bills list... Just tossed Mario at number 6. I think he's the best player on the team.

What're your top five Bills talents?

Mine:

1. Mario Williams

2. Marcel Dareus

3. LeSean McCoy

4. Jerry Hughes

5. Stephon Gilmore

Sammy could move up with a step up this year.

This would be mine as well. Really looking forward to Gilmore having a big year 

Joe B is doing his top talents on the Bills list... Just tossed Mario at number 6. I think he's the best player on the team.

What're your top five Bills talents?

Mine:

1. Mario Williams

2. Marcel Dareus

3. LeSean McCoy

4. Jerry Hughes

5. Stephon Gilmore

Sammy could move up with a step up this year.

Top 5 Bills talents (based purely on talent alone):

1. Marcell Dareus

2. Sammy Watkins (I think he really is that good when given the chance, he has every single tool to be great)

3. Mario Williams

4. LeSean McCoy

5a. Stephon Gilmore

5b. Jerry Hughes

Mario is the best football player I've seen on the bills in my 11 years watching.

Same. Moulds is probably second. (It's been more like 16/17 years for me).

Not meant to derisive but I feel like he might be 9th or 10th at best

Since 2004? Not a chance in hell (hell = my opinion). If you're going to come with that you've got to name players.

I think people STILL underrate Mario. This defense would be substantially worse without him. He requires double and triple teams on every play. He makes play for everybody else. He gets 25+ sacks every year for his team (adding up those he gets himself and those he creates for others).

Edited by Hoss

Same. Moulds is probably second. (It's been more like 16/17 years for me).

Since 2004? Not a chance in hell (hell = my opinion). If you're going to come with that you've got to name players.

I think people STILL underrate Mario. This defense would be substantially worse without him. He requires double and triple teams on every play. He makes play for everybody else. He gets 25+ sacks every year for his team (adding up those he gets himself and those he creates for others).

Just because you think people are underrating him doesn't mean you have to go saying things like this. While he is often double teamed, he is also often one-on-one. Joe Buscaglia when he was still at WGR had a fairly detailed analysis of the percentage of plays he's double teamed...safe to say, it's much lower than 100%. I'd even venture to say Dareus was double teamed on a higher percentage of plays last year than Mario.

Just because you think people are underrating him doesn't mean you have to go saying things like this. While he is often double teamed, he is also often one-on-one. Joe Buscaglia when he was still at WGR had a fairly detailed analysis of the percentage of plays he's double teamed...safe to say, it's much lower than 100%. I'd even venture to say Dareus was double teamed on a higher percentage of plays last year than Mario.

I don't really understand the beginning of your post, but I'll respond to the rest: I said he requires double and triple teams every play. I didn't say he gets them. I require inhalers for the health of my lungs but I didn't use them for about six years.

I do not believe that Dareus is a better talent than Mario just yet. His potential is higher than the performance of Mario, but I believe Mario is a Hall of Fame talent. I'm not ready to say that about Marcell.

Also: McCoy's new party plan...

PgLC5OQ.png

No.

I will FIGHT you.

(Also, I take back what I said about Marcell being a superior talent over Mario. SORT of.)

Well, if Hulk Hogan can't go, I won't go either. It's as simple as that.

The raycess talk is an obvious problem, but I figured McCoy would welcome a celebrity sex tape veteran.

Oh, and Dareus is a better talent than Mario.

No.

I think Dareus and Mario are both among the best at their positions in the league and I'm not ready to say who's the better talent, but Dareus had PFF's 4th best rating among DTs/NTs, whereas Mario had the 9th best grade among 4-3 DEs.

Read: I don't want to advertise my parties on social media anymore.

Read: someone in the front office had someone (his agent) talk some sense into the man. This party was another "Vikings Cruise" in the making.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't really understand the beginning of your post, but I'll respond to the rest: I said he requires double and triple teams every play. I didn't say he gets them. I require inhalers for the health of my lungs but I didn't use them for about six years.

I do not believe that Dareus is a better talent than Mario just yet. His potential is higher than the performance of Mario, but I believe Mario is a Hall of Fame talent. I'm not ready to say that about Marcell.

I just think you're going overboard with the case you're making for Mario, that's all. He's great, but I think Dareus is more important on a per-snap basis. I don't think it's a coincidence that mostly everyone agrees last year was Mario's best as a Bill, which is also when Dareus really came into his own. It's close, but I'll take 25 year old Dareus over 30 year old Mario on a talent and impact analysis. Teams aren't afraid to run at Mario...they run at him to avoid running at Dareus. Mario probably has more of an impact on passing downs, but overall I think Dareus matters more play-to-play. 

FWIW (and maybe not much, but I respect him a ton) Bill Barnwell has Dareus ranked a whopping 46 spots higher on his top-100 than Mario. 

Still can't name players? There's no chance he's 9th or 10th on this team.

Dareus

Hughs

McCoy

A. Williams

Bradham

Gilmore

Clay

Watkins

Wood

I'd put him on par with Fred Jackson.

Mario lost me when he complained about a rookie street free agent holding him and playing "dirty" 3 seasons ago. Mario is just above replacement player level. None of the arrogant, pompous, douchey stuff your about to type will sway my opinion. Calling me out for "not coming up with names" is just another dick move in a long list of dick moves that somehow we've been mandated to tolerate. Some of us have to do. I type this as my 11 month old is cuddled in my bed next me. I'm hoping I can squeeze 4-5 hours of sleep into this night before I get up and do this all over again.

35 years ago I went down to Daytona beach with 8 friends. I spent $10K I had saved up on beer, goldschlager(?) and coke. We invited every girl on the beach into our block of rooms. At one point we had over sixty girls in our room including 4 girls from the front desk that were sent up to stop the party. God knows how much easier it would have been with the Internet.

When we got back home we were broke but had the time of our lives. We all started our careers because we had little choice. If I had had $20 million, I'd probably still be down there selling maps on the beach. It's just not a big deal.

:worthy:   Can we get the replay on that?

At one point we had over sixty girls in our room including 4 girls from the front desk that were sent up to stop the party.   

Wow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.