McCoy

A. Williams

Bradham

Gilmore

Clay

Watkins

Wood

I'd put him on par with Fred Jackson.

Mario lost me when he complained about a rookie street free agent holding him and playing "dirty" 3 seasons ago. Mario is just above replacement player level. None of the arrogant, pompous, douchey stuff your about to type will sway my opinion. Calling me out for "not coming up with names" is just another dick move in a long list of dick moves that somehow we've been mandated to tolerate. Some of us have ###### to do. I type this as my 11 month old is cuddled in my bed next me. I'm hoping I can squeeze 4-5 hours of sleep into this night before I get up and do this all over again.

Inky's bringin' the angry.   :D

Dareus

Hughs

McCoy

A. Williams

Bradham

Gilmore

Clay

Watkins

Wood

I'd put him on par with Fred Jackson.

Mario lost me when he complained about a rookie street free agent holding him and playing "dirty" 3 seasons ago. Mario is just above replacement player level. None of the arrogant, pompous, douchey stuff your about to type will sway my opinion. Calling me out for "not coming up with names" is just another dick move in a long list of dick moves that somehow we've been mandated to tolerate. Some of us have ###### to do. I type this as my 11 month old is cuddled in my bed next me. I'm hoping I can squeeze 4-5 hours of sleep into this night before I get up and do this all over again.

I don't see how asking for the names on your list was unreasonable, let alone a dick move. If you post a provocative opinion you should be prepared to defend it.

And you're as wrong on Mario as a human being can be on anything ;)

His opener against that Jets tackle was a bad look, all around. But he's since done much, MUCH to redeem himself since then. The bolded assertion is just not in line with what that guy does on the field. 

I don't see how asking for the names on your list was unreasonable, let alone a dick move. If you post a provocative opinion you should be prepared to defend it.

In some instances, context and history are key. Also, getting 4-5 hours a night can make anyone irritable (or, at least, less inclined to abide).

:worthy:   Can we get the replay on that?

Wow.

You know its funny, I have very few clear memories of the last thirty years but there are two girls that I knew for a total of thirty minutes that I can still picture in my head in HD quality. The very first girl we invited on Daytona Beach wearing a purple bathing suit and a girl wearing a yellow tank top playing pool at Cassidys while "Shattered"  played on the sound system.

Fun times.

You know its funny, I have very few clear memories of the last thirty years but there are two girls that I knew for a total of thirty minutes that I can still picture in my head in HD quality. The very first girl we invited on Daytona Beach wearing a purple bathing suit and a girl wearing a yellow tank top playing pool at Cassidys while "Shattered"  played on the sound system.

Fun times.

I was just in Wildwood for a beach frisbee tournament the past few days, so your story especially resonated.  Blip from this weekend:  I was cutting through the middle of a dance floor and a girl stopped me, ran her fingers through my hair and told me it was beautiful.  I said thank you and we continued on our separate ways.  That might have been all she wanted to say, but I suspect the fact that my hair was soaking wet was what decided her against me.  Dancing is sweaty work, and I. Sweat.

Edited by qwksndmonster

I was just in Wildwood for a beach frisbee tournament the past few days, so your story especially resonated. Blip from this weekend: I was cutting through the middle of a dance floor and a girl stopped me, ran her fingers through my hair and told me it was beautiful. I said thank you and we continued on our separate ways. That might have been all she wanted to say, but I suspect the fact that my hair was soaking wet was what decided her against me. Dancing is sweaty work, and I. Sweat.

I love your stories with the ladies qwk. They seem to be promising, but always end with "and that was it" :D Not that I can claim any better, I'm no Tom Webster myself Edited by WildCard

Don't know if anyone caught it, there was a nice half hour on the 2014 Bills on NFL Network.  Something like "2014 Buffalo Bills: One Buffalo."  It was a bit weird though, since it was highlights of 2014 mixed with soundbites from Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley talking about moving ahead in 2015.  They didn't have anything from Marrone.  I felt like they could've done an hour to highlight the story lines of the season better, with Ralph passing and the team being sold to Pegula, how the fans really rallied behind the team, Jim Kelly, and the Pegulas, and then the front office changes and free agent pickups for the future.  It seemed like they were torn on what to cover, on field or off field.

The cautionary tale the Saints tell on salary cap management:http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-introduction-to-the-end-in-new-orleans/

20% of their cap on players no longer there. Never let anyone tell you the NFL's cap doesn't matter because of restructuring.

More importantly: #Brees2016

We are lucky to have one of the best cap managers in the business.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't really understand the beginning of your post, but I'll respond to the rest: I said he requires double and triple teams every play. I didn't say he gets them. I require inhalers for the health of my lungs but I didn't use them for about six years.

I do not believe that Dareus is a better talent than Mario just yet. His potential is higher than the performance of Mario, but I believe Mario is a Hall of Fame talent. I'm not ready to say that about Marcell.

Also: McCoy's new party plan...

PgLC5OQ.png

Forkin' predator. :p

My point was it doesn't matter. You can do all of the shrewd maneuvering you want (New Orleans certainly has) but the bill does come due eventually.

I wouldn't call what the Saints have done as being shrewed. Quite the contrary. The idea is to avoid the bill coming due in such a way. That takes an appreciation of cap dynamics over certain time frames, usually three and five years out, relative to your overall roster composition. Some are better at it than others. Perhaps it's my bias, but I really feel Overdorf is one of the best.

To say it doesn't matter is a bit of an over-statememt. But the increased media revenues and higher cap ceilings should make it easier for teams moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't call what the Saints have done as being shrewed. Quite the contrary. The idea is to avoid the bill coming due in such a way. That takes an appreciation of cap dynamics over certain time frames, usually three and five years out, relative to your overall roster composition. Some are better at it than others. Perhaps it's my bias, but I really feel Overdorf is one of the best.

To say it doesn't matter is a bit of an over-statememt. But the increased media revenues and higher cap ceilings should make it easier for teams moving forward.

GO BILLS!!!

I would posit that we don't actually know how good Overdorf is at it because he hasn't had an owner willing to structure contracts in a way that massaging the cap hits was all that important. Ultimately, he hasn't had to do to this point what (presumably) he's going to have to moving forward.

Edit: and to defend the Saints a little bit, when your franchise QB is hitting the end of his prime, it's less important to be cap efficient than it is to field the best possible team. I'd rather a better team for 33 year old Brees to work with than worry about what 37 year old Brees will have.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

My point was it doesn't matter. You can do all of the shrewd maneuvering you want (New Orleans certainly has) but the bill does come due eventually.

Smart teams have worked their way through the cap since the cap became the norm. Sure you can't sign everyone and some hard choices have to be made but several  franchises have shown that you can keep the players you want and maintain a certain level of excellence.

I would posit that we don't actually know how good Overdorf is at it because he hasn't had an owner willing to structure contracts in a way that massaging the cap hits was all that important. Ultimately, he hasn't had to do to this point what (presumably) he's going to have to moving forward.

Edit: and to defend the Saints a little bit, when your franchise QB is hitting the end of his prime, it's less important to be cap efficient than it is to field the best possible team. I'd rather a better team for 33 year old Brees to work with than worry about what 37 year old Brees will have.

The Saints are more a tale of terrible talent evaluation and evaluating team needs rather then a tale of cap mismanagement.

GO BILLS!!!

One of the best? Really? The guy hasn't even had to worry about fitting in a big dollar quarterback within his budgetary/cap parameters since the salary cap has been in existence. Until he does that without having to sell off half of our defense I don't see how anything he's done with respect to managing the cap is even impressive, let alone making him one of the best. Imagine how good the Packers defense could be if they didn't have to shell out big bucks for Aaron Rodgers. To be impressed by the Bills cap management so far is similar to being impressed by the Sabres current cap management given that the majority of our best players are still on ELCs.

The Toronto Blue Jays are three games out of the playoffs but just acquired one of the best shortstops in baseball. If they make the playoffs it will move the Bills' playoff drought into the top spot among major U.S. Pro sports.

The Toronto Blue Jays are three games out of the playoffs but just acquired one of the best shortstops in baseball. If they make the playoffs it will move the Bills' playoff drought into the top spot among major U.S. Pro sports.

Sure Tulo is an upgrade, but I can't believe they went out an swapped SS when they lead the league in runs scored by 80.

Sure Tulo is an upgrade, but I can't believe they went out an swapped SS when they lead the league in runs scored by 80.

Probably / possibly the first domino of many to fall.

If they don't address their pitching they might as well forget about it.

I said it at the beginning of the year that they are trying to win every game 8-7. It certainly sounds like the first of many moves because otherwise we just acquired a better, more expensive, equally injury prone SS so that the Jays can lead the league in runs by even more than they currently do. But with the 13th best AL ERA, you gotta score a lot of runs to win each night.

Also, LaTroy Hawkins is 42 and is not really a value add to me at this point. I'd rather have kept Castro who is a hard throwing youngster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.