Gilmore 15

Norman 14

M.Peters 13

Breaux 13

Joseph 12

Mathieu 12

D.Randall 11

M.Butler 11

Obviously Gil Brandt hasn't gotten word from all the Bills message board GM's and coaches that insist Gilmore sucks.

What's interesting about this is is Rex always has two cb's that are in that list. So, it makes me wonder, does Rex make great DB's, or is he the beneficiary of them?

I think his system requires quality DBs to work properly--the ability to hold press man while he blitzes a zillion other players. Huge part of the reason the Jets defense was merely good last year rather than great is because their corners were utter garbage and Rex had to play a ton of zone, which is not conducive to everything else he wants to do.

And this is probably the most vexing thing about the Bills defense this season. He has the DBs (okay, our FS position is currently a disaster, but still) to be aggressive across the board, yet far too often it seems passive. I'm sure many will disagree, but it's like he's trying to incorporate too much of what Schwartz did with just letting the line do the bulk of the work, and has kind of lost himself as a result because it's just a bad fit for the rest of his scheme. 

Doug Flutie had a terrible day:

http://m.wcvb.com/news/doug-fluties-parents-die-on-same-day/36526436

My heart goes out to him. I can't even imagine.

God bless him and strengthen him and his family.

I think his system requires quality DBs to work properly--the ability to hold press man while he blitzes a zillion other players. Huge part of the reason the Jets defense was merely good last year rather than great is because their corners were utter garbage and Rex had to play a ton of zone, which is not conducive to everything else he wants to do.

And this is probably the most vexing thing about the Bills defense this season. He has the DBs (okay, our FS position is currently a disaster, but still) to be aggressive across the board, yet far too often it seems passive. I'm sure many will disagree, but it's like he's trying to incorporate too much of what Schwartz did with just letting the line do the bulk of the work, and has kind of lost himself as a result because it's just a bad fit for the rest of his scheme. 

whatever Ryan is doing its not working out. All the teams march up the field against us fairly easily.

Doug Flutie had a terrible day:

http://m.wcvb.com/news/doug-fluties-parents-die-on-same-day/36526436

My heart goes out to him. I can't even imagine.

Thoughts and prayers to Flutie and his family. Really goes to show how special life is and how thankful we should be for every day we have w/ our loved ones. 

As of right now you just blew my mind.

Don't see you in forever cause you're working to much and here you are in the Bills thread of all places.

Howdy Stranger!

Who woulda thunk it?

Things are good here in the Canadian Far East.  Still very busy, but hey, lotsa billable hours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.