Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Teams like Detroit, Baltimore, New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are at or near the bottom of the league this year which is why so many are thinking draft trades.

I'm in "believe it when I see it" mode--I think most teams would rather draft an elite talent at a position of need than trade down for a bunch of mid-range picks. Trading down a few spots is one things, but some of those teams may have to move back 15 spots for the Bills to make a move.

As far as New Orleans goes, I don't think this will happen, but I think they'd be much better served trading Brees and totally blowing the whole thing up than trading the pick. With their cap situation and the sheer volume of holes on their roster, I don't think a trade down can give them enough pieces to capitalize on the remainder of Brees' career.

Let's just hope the Patriots come out of their game with the Giants with a few more players dinged up.. 

I don't think I can watch another game where Julian Edelman, Julian, are you kidding me, Edelman runs wild in the Bills secondary.

Hah!!  Edelman broke his foot late in the game....  Now can they contain Amendola and limit Gronk?...

Love what Zona is doing to Pete Carroll tonight

Edited by wjag

I think I'm flip-flopping (again) on Russell Wilson. I went from thinking he was an average QB who needed a strong supporting cast to succeed, to thinking he was great...and now I think I'm inching back towards my initial stance. The Seattle defense and running game aren't what they used to be, and Wilson is struggling mightily as a result. The more I watch them play, the more I think that's an average football team. Maybe the Wilson-Taylor comparisons have some real substance to them.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Hah!!  Edelman broke his foot late in the game....  Now can they contain Amendola and limit Gronk?...

Love what Zona is doing to Pete Carroll tonight

The Bills need to blitz all night, aggressively jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage, and rely on their own strengths instead of trying to figure out NE weakness on defense.

The Bills need to blitz all night, aggressively jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage, and rely on their own strengths instead of trying to figure out NE weakness on defense.

The only way to beat Tom Terrific and Darth Vader is to keep the Patriots offense off of the field.  Long, painfully slow drives that eat clock is the way it needs to go down.  Gronk can't hurt you if he is watching.

Also. now that Julian is on the sideline, what do folks think of taking Gilmore off the corner and posting him on Gronk all night, every play?

Edited by wjag

Watched the Pats come back and beat the Giants. Had the same reaction I assume many had as the field goal snuck it's way in to put the Pats in the drivers seat. And that reaction was simply a you know what. Have high hopes the Bills can pull of a W on Monday Night Football. One, to keep the Bills in the wildcard race. Two, to take away the Pats attempt at a perfect season. How sweet it would've been had the Giants pulled it off last night. They were the team that pulled it off a few years ago in the Super Bowl. But like a few of you have said, w/ the Pats winning they may play a bit softer against the Bills. I'm not talking by choice. Just more of a hey this is routine attitude. Bills may off pull the upset, but to do it they have play aggressive. Go w/ an all or nothing type of play. Maybe try to set a franchise record for blitzing. 

Edited by Thanes16

seems like it would be helluva lot harder than that to defeat belichick & brady.

(or is it?)

I think blitzing Brady plays right into his strengths. I say smother the receivers and let's use that 100m D-line which is supposed to be the strength of this team.

I think blitzing Brady plays right into his strengths. I say smother the receivers and let's use that 100m D-line which is supposed to be the strength of this team.

While I don't necessarily agree with your previous matchups (where art thou Nickell Robey?), I totally agree with you here. Brady is devastatingly effective against the blitz. That doesn't mean never blitz; of course you want to mix in different looks, but this "blitz all night" is a quick way to lose against him. Play tight, heavy coverages, and make him hold the ball longer than he wants to so Dareus and the boys can get to him. If Dareus, Mario, and Hughes can't beat that OL regularly we're going to lose.

Use the D line to stop the run? 

You give Brady time and he will find an open receiver.

Yes, and if you blitz, he's going to find the open receiver. You have to get pressure without a blitz to beat him.

What do u think of a 4-2-5 defense?

Mckelvin on Dobson

Darby on Amendola

Gilmore on Gronk

Rambo on Chandler

Graham protecting center field

Force Blount to beat us

You need to double Gronk. Especially with Edelman out. Chandler isn't a threat so we don't need to specifically worry about him. A corner and linebacker on Gronk on all passing downs.

While I don't necessarily agree with your previous matchups (where art thou Nickell Robey?), I totally agree with you here. Brady is devastatingly effective against the blitz. That doesn't mean never blitz; of course you want to mix in different looks, but this "blitz all night" is a quick way to lose against him. Play tight, heavy coverages, and make him hold the ball longer than he wants to so Dareus and the boys can get to him. If Dareus, Mario, and Hughes can't beat that OL regularly we're going to lose.

Yes, and if you blitz, he's going to find the open receiver. You have to get pressure without a blitz to beat him.

That's why the Giants were so succeful against NE. They could get immense pressure from their from 4.

Don't blitz, and jam his WR. That's exactly what the Giants did last night. On offense, you have to stay away from Butler, and use weapons you don't usually use. The Giants were going deep, which they never do, and throwing it to 3/4th wr's, which the Patriots weren't expecting.

It seems like every WR that suits up for the Giants is good.  In the stretch of the game that I watched the Giants won almost every battle in the secondary, offensive and defensive.

Football is kinda fun when both teams are good.  Blue spoke truth when he said the Giants are better than they looked early on this season.

This insane:

One of the reasons the #Jets' Mo Wilkerson is so disruptive (yes, that's a standard sized doorframe):

CTqDEqzXAAACXWn.jpg

FWIW, I'm only an inch or two from being able to do this. A standard door frame is 80" tall, my wingspan is something like 79". (I'm 6'1", so my arms are a bit ape-y, but not strangely so)

No, this is classic Fitz. Gets his team close enough to have a chance, then tosses a late pick to lose.

Called it!

Game: I have to take back my criticism of the NFL app on Verizon, it streamed the game (over my wifi) fairly glitch free and no nagging. Bodes well for the Monday Night game next week. I honestly didn't think the Bills would win (despite drinking a bunch of beer) until the Rambo interception. I've been down that road too many times before.

If Dareus, Mario, and Hughes can't beat that OL regularly we're going to lose.

That's why the Giants were so succeful against NE. They could get immense pressure from their from 4.

Amen - that is how this team is built, after all.

It seems like every WR that suits up for the Giants is good.  

Well, that has a lot to do with a QB who can throw an accurate long ball. Eli is inconsistent, but when he's on (as he was yesterday), he can chuck it.

FWIW, I'm only an inch or two from being able to do this. A standard door frame is 80" tall, my wingspan is something like 79". (I'm 6'1", so my arms are a bit ape-y, but not strangely so)

Called it!

Game: I have to take back my criticism of the NFL app on Verizon, it streamed the game (over my wifi) fairly glitch free and no nagging. Bodes well for the Monday Night game next week. I honestly didn't think the Bills would win (despite drinking a bunch of beer) until the Rambo interception. I've been down that road too many times before.

Yea, but are your arms bigger than the door frame itself? :p

The Giants blew that game by not getting a touchdown when it was 1st and goal from the 4 with just over 2 minutes left.  They called three straight unsuccessful pass plays.  Giving the ball back to Brady with almost 2 minutes left and only a 2 point lead is the kiss of death since Gostkowski never misses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.