Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

No a 3rd defenseman. Not top 2 on kings or black hawks. Might be 2nd D on a bunch of teams with weak D cores.

Yep. That's why I was wondering earlier in this thread how some of us justify holding onto him for an elite prospect. You need to have an elite or near elite player to expect to get an elite prospect back. He's a top 4 guy, but that's about it.

Yep. That's why I was wondering earlier in this thread how some of us justify holding onto him for an elite prospect. You need to have an elite or near elite player to expect to get an elite prospect back. He's a top 4 guy, but that's about it.

He's still growing. He is ahead of Chara at the same age. Well ahead, actually. Chara came into his own in his LAST season in Ottawa. Not even on Long Island. Think about that before you start wanting to trade Myers for a 2d round pick.

He's still growing. He is ahead of Chara at the same age. Well ahead, actually. Chara came into his own in his LAST season in Ottawa. Not even on Long Island. Think about that before you start wanting to trade Myers for a 2d round pick.

Oh God, and think how long that means for all our other young players! 7-8 years from now we have a good team?

There's still no basis for this comparison outside of them both being skyscrapers. Chara had the physical edge before he found his overall game. Myers found his overall game but never had the edge and likely never will.

Also: Chara may never have developed if he didn't get off the Island.

I understand the arguments against trading Myers and I don't want it to happen unless we get the world in return, but this argument doesn't make sense.

Oh God, and think how long that means for all our other young players! 7-8 years from now we have a good team?

Realistically the Sabres team should hit critical mass with talented incoming players in 2016 and most definitely 2017. By 2017 you could add Reinhart, Baptiste, Bailey, Compher, Fasching, Possler maybe. That is easily more talent than the current group.

It should be high. Murray doesn't have to do anything. Other teams want some of his players but he's going to have a crappy team no matter what. He's in control. It's not like Murray needs to make a move to keep his chance at a #1 draft slot. If Stewart were lighting it up then perhaps he'd be gone. :)

On Stewart it shouldn't really be high in general, but it should be for division rivals.

Stewart is terribly inconsistent. I would take a mid-level prospect and a bottom-six vet right now for him.

I think Stewart has a role on this team so long as it's not on the top two lines full time.

I think Stewart has a role on this team so long as it's not on the top two lines full time.

Would need an extension first. I'm not confident that he wants that unless he gets a big deal, which I would be pissed if we gave him. He's not worth more than $4M a year. He'll get that and more.

Realistically the Sabres team should hit critical mass with talented incoming players in 2016 and most definitely 2017. By 2017 you could add Reinhart, Baptiste, Bailey, Compher, Fasching, Possler maybe. That is easily more talent than the current group.

Also the reason i don't want Myers gone, worst case he is our #3 D with risto - mcabe holding #1-#2.

If he is gone i want the likes of Mantha - nichuskin returning in that deal.

It's just not happening unless the Sabres add something, and I don't mean a 7th round pick or Matt Ellis.

Certainly. And I wouldn't even want to do Nichushkin-Myers straight up. I'm not confident that Nichushkin becomes much more than a 40-50 point guy at his peak.

Certainly. And I wouldn't even want to do Nichushkin-Myers straight up. I'm not confident that Nichushkin becomes much more than a 40-50 point guy at his peak.

Well, many thought the "big 3" forwards in 2013 were really a "big 4" with Nichushkin right there with MacKinnon, Barkov, and Drouin. I'd be willing to take a chance (full disclosure: I wanted Nichushkin over Risto in the draft, so I'm not exactly unbiased here).

I'd also be willing to argue that a 40-50 point forward is as valuable as what Myers currently gives.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-leafs-carlyle-not-all-to-blame/

11. Thought Boston and/or Philadelphia, both short defencemen, might look at Buffalo’s Andrej Meszaros. He’s on a one-year deal and has played in both cities, but it doesn’t sound as if either looked at it. He’s at $4.125 million, which may explain the problem for a pair of cap-tight clubs.

http://www.sportsnet...t-all-to-blame/

11. Thought Boston and/or Philadelphia, both short defencemen, might look at Buffalo’s Andrej Meszaros. He’s on a one-year deal and has played in both cities, but it doesn’t sound as if either looked at it. He’s at $4.125 million, which may explain the problem for a pair of cap-tight clubs.

That is no issue when we retain salary, but why would they want him, he hasn't shown anything yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.