Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

The point being that if you can only get a draft pick (3rd rounder) for stewart than is it worth you having to force a young kid to play in his spot to finish a crappy season? If Stewart goes for garbage and then Armia gets taken off the amerks for the last 20 games is that worth it?

The point being that if you can only get a draft pick (3rd rounder) for stewart than is it worth you having to force a young kid to play in his spot to finish a crappy season? If Stewart goes for garbage and then Armia gets taken off the amerks for the last 20 games is that worth it?

Yes. Part of the process is to see how these prospects handle the higher level of competition as well as to showcase then in the event that you have a bounty in one area and are willing to trade for to supplement an area you are trying to improve. Hockey trades not picks.

Yes. Part of the process is to see how these prospects handle the higher level of competition as well as to showcase then in the event that you have a bounty in one area and are willing to trade for to supplement an area you are trying to improve. Hockey trades not picks.

So it is worth taking a player from a winning team to plug a whole on the titanic that you could drive a building through? I disagree. I don't care if Stewart stays or goes but trading him for a late pick is worthless. If they can get a serviceable player that makes more sense.

They won't *have to* bring Armia up. They could keep Larsson up. Or Schaller. Or ask the other team to throw in a Torrey Mitchell type to fill out our roster.

They won't *have to* bring Armia up. They could keep Larsson up. Or Schaller. Or ask the other team to throw in a Torrey Mitchell type to fill out our roster.

Exactly. Also keep in mind any void you leave in Rochester can be filled wity the guys in juniors- like Bailey, Reinhart, and Baptiste once their season is over.

Everything that has or will be done this year is with this in mind. Everything.

We'll know once the Sabres play the Islanders and Blues. In order to do everything required they would need to take out a few key players on each team to help them lose more. :w00t:

So we could try and sign them to new contracts. Like if the chance of signing Stewart to a new deal is more valuable than the potential return.

That's the argument at least. It doesn't work if they aren't in the plans, but either could play roles.

The premise of the post I was responding to was that the Sabres would not be re-signing them. ;)

So it is worth taking a player from a winning team to plug a whole on the titanic that you could drive a building through? I disagree. I don't care if Stewart stays or goes but trading him for a late pick is worthless. If they can get a serviceable player that makes more sense.

What makes you think Stewart is only worth a late pick when we are only a couple seasons removed from Gaustad being traded for a 1st round pick?

A winning AHL team is irrelevant. They serve the needs of the big club.

What makes you think Stewart is only worth a late pick when we are only a couple seasons removed from Gaustad being traded for a 1st round pick?

I think the market corrected itself last season when Vanek went for a 2nd round pick and a prospect.

A winning AHL team is irrelevant. They serve the needs of the big club.

Unless the big club is abysmal and developing a winning mentality among your prospects is at hand.

Edited by inkman

All the winning attitude at the minor league level is meaningless. You test a players talent and resolve in the show. The alternative is to accumulate a bunch of successful minor leaguers. Perrenial minor leaguers.

I also realize I am in the minority in this position.

All the winning attitude at the minor league level is meaningless. You test a players talent and resolve in the show. The alternative is to accumulate a bunch of successful minor leaguers. Perrenial minor leaguers.

But not alone

...and alienate an entire city from its once proud franchise with a bunch of scrubs, nobodies and never was'.

One thing about Myers offense, he is putting a lot of pucks on net without much return for your investment. That is at least somewhat encouraging? Myers in Dallas would be a blessing for a team that doesn't have much of a pulse back there aside from Trevor Daley.

One thing about Myers offense, he is putting a lot of pucks on net without much return for your investment. That is at least somewhat encouraging? Myers in Dallas would be a blessing for a team that doesn't have much of a pulse back there aside from Trevor Daley.

Goligoski? I think he actually has more offensive upside than Daley, despite Daley's torrid start from an offensive perspective.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.