Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

...and alienate an entire city from its once proud franchise with a bunch of scrubs, nobodies and never was'.

In a choice between seeing how a top prospect reacts to the challenges of the NHL versus building a winning culture at the AHL level I choose the former. I think somewhere along the way we crossed the streams.

One thing about Myers offense, he is putting a lot of pucks on net without much return for your investment. That is at least somewhat encouraging? Myers in Dallas would be a blessing for a team that doesn't have much of a pulse back there aside from Trevor Daley.

That's what I was getting at. The Stars would really benefit from a defenseman who can join the rush and get pucks on net. Myers can create a ton of havoc in the offensive zone and the Stars have forwards who could definitely capitalize on that. He'd benefit from the move as well (which might make us look bad if he suddenly becomes rookie-year Myers again).

The Stars are 4-5-4 in a competitive Western Conference and you'd think they'd want to go all in after making the trade for Spezza.

The Myers talk is so tiresome.

Murray would be stupid to take a mid-first-round pick and a second-round pick (or equivalent young players) for him.

He's got those kinds of assets coming out of his ass, but he's only got one defenceman like Myers.

And most other GMs would be stupid to give up more.

These "Myers for an elite prospect" or "Myers for some team's fifth-best prospect and a 2nd rounder" proposals are driving me nuts.

Only way Myers gets moved is as part of a blockbuster involving roster players, or if someone gets stupid.

...unless Victoria Principal is available.

Edited by dudacek

Nichushkin would be a big part of the conversation.

Not that lindy really want either of them. Myers would revert to a basket case if he played for Lindy again. I don't watch the Stars often, can any Texans here tell me if it'd be worth Myers for Nichushkin straight up? I have a hard time believing a veteran executive like Jim gets taken on this deal

I wouldn't mind trading Marcus Foligno. I don't miss him at all.

Minimal trade value. I would hold on to him and hope he can be a consistent 3rd line/4th line tweener. That being said, between his inconsistent play and his injury history, his future with the Sabres maybe in jeopardy.

Edited by LabattBlue

Minimal trade value. I would hold on to him and hope he can be a consistent 3rd line/4th line tweener. That being said, between his inconsistent play and his injury history, his future with the Sabres maybe in jeopardy.

Exactly. It's hard to judge Foligno because he plays out of his position. When we're a good team, and you put him on the 4th line, i think we will see a much improved player. Playing him top-6 and putting our hopes for some offense is wrong and why this team is so bad. Guys are out of their roles all across the roster.

Foligno is not the problem here IMO.

I can't believe that Sabre-killer is back in the division again.

I can't believe that even player personnel move in the NHL is somehow related back to the Sabres.

Just to entertain the ridiculousness for a minute, didn't Myers head case issues START UNDER LINDY RUFF. wouldn't they even the last team thinking of acquiring Myers?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.