Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Ghost was Larkin Murray's Target when he was trying to trade all three second rounders last draft?

If I remember correctly it was rumored to be Detroit as one of the teams Murray tried to trade with during the first round. How much of target Larkin was is unknown.

Maybe those babies were asking for it though. Or maybe they're the weaker ones and this is part of the natural culling of the herd.

Don't mess with Darwin.

Unfortunately humans are the only species who do not follow Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection. The first few minutes of Idiocracy sums it up perfectly.

Boston looking for RW Help. Stewart mentioned.

Sabres would need to retain salary and Philly 2nd rounder alone is not going to do it.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-red-wings-still-searching-for-missing-blueline-piece/#.VEVH6ZRVumE.twitter

BRUINS SEARCHING FOR A TOP LINE ANSWER

The Boston Bruins are still struggling to adjust to Jarome Iginla‘s off-season departure via free agency. Iginla was their first-line right wing and his absence this season has left a big hole on their top line.

Fluto Shinzawa of The Boston Globe believes the Bruins will keep searching for a potential replacement throughout this season, seeking a sizable winger with a right-hand shot. He feels they can use the assets received from the New York Islanders in the Johnny Boychuk deal as bargaining chips, notably the Philadelphia Flyer second-round pick in 2015.

Shinzawa also notes the Bruins must re-sign restricted free agents Dougie Hamilton, Torey Krug and Reilly Smith next summer, speculating they could prefer a winger in the final year of his current contract.

Perhaps Buffalo Sabres right wing Chris Stewart could fit the bill. He’s young (turning 27 on October 30), physical, has two 28-goal seasons under his belt and is eligible for UFA status in July. The only sticking point right now is his $4.15-million cap hit, while the Bruins only have over $2.240 million in cap space.

Or KC Royals Hall of Famer, Rusty Kuntz

Funny story. I was looking through an old box of cards at my parents house around Christmas time as they were getting read to sell the house. I grabbed a random cluster of ten cards and Rusty was one of them. I wish I knew how to post a picture off of my phone because I couldn't resist keeping that card.

Funny story. I was looking through an old box of cards at my parents house around Christmas time as they were getting read to sell the house. I grabbed a random cluster of ten cards and Rusty was one of them. I wish I knew how to post a picture off of my phone because I couldn't resist keeping that card.

if you have a smart phone you could always email the photo to yourself or post it to a social media site to get it onto your computer.

Potential Return from the Ducks for Myers.

Report: Palmieri, Vatanen, Rakell Linked To Myers Trade Talks

by
on 10/20/14 at 04:46 PM ET

Comments (0)

The Sabres continue to seek multiple assets in any
trade, according to David Pagnotta of

Today on
's radio show on SiriusXM, Pagnotta said that he's hearing there are up to five players that could be exchanged in a potential Ducks-Sabres deal, and the names being mentioned on the Ducks' end are
and

Inclusion of draft picks and/or prospects would certainly adjust the package Tim Murray could get back in a Myers deal.

Pagnotta says the Ducks are also interested in Ottawa's
and
of the Coyotes.

Methot may be Anaheim's preferred option because he can be had for less, but the Ducks are waiting to see how his contract negotiations progress with the Senators.

Yandle is reportedly not being actively shopped but would be dealt for the right price.

From Dave Davis http://kuklaskorner.com/tso/comments/report-palmieri-vatanen-rackell-linked-to-myers-trade-talks?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

My problem w any top team dealing with a bottom feeder like the Sabres is the Slava Kozlov phenomena. Anyone who gets traded to the Sabres will probably feel like a pawn, will not be happy to come to Buffalo and won't play up to potential. I just see that most players in the league would probably feel that way about an organization that doesn't seem to know what they're doing in a city that's widely perceived as the Siberia of the NHL.

Edited by 716

My problem w any top team dealing with a bottom feeder like the Sabres is the Slava Kozlov phenomena. Anyone who gets traded to the Sabres will probably feel like a pawn, will not be happy to come to Buffalo and won't play up to potential. I just see that most players in the league would probably feel that way about an organization that doesn't seem to know what they're doing in a city that's widely perceived as the Siberia of the NHL.

Disagree with almost all of this. Some fans may not see it but I firmly believe there is a plan in place and other nhl players must as well due to us signing moulson and gionta (and it was rumoured ott wanted to come back). Siberia of the nhl? This is a great hockey market a stones throw from the gta where many nhl players come from and have family. That may have been the perception before pegula when some previous owners were very tight with spending but I don't think that's the sentiment around the league today.

Disagree with almost all of this. Some fans may not see it but I firmly believe there is a plan in place and other nhl players must as well due to us signing moulson and gionta (and it was rumoured ott wanted to come back). Siberia of the nhl? This is a great hockey market a stones throw from the gta where many nhl players come from and have family. That may have been the perception before pegula when some previous owners were very tight with spending but I don't think that's the sentiment around the league today.

It's your privilige to disagree and I compliment you on not trying to insult the person you're disagreeing with like many on this board. However, I don't see any player yearning to come from a top team that has it's Shiite together to come to Buffalo, who clearly doesn't. Ever since Pegula led this team he has certainly sank a lot of money into it but money isn't everything. I think a team that already has its act together is a much more attractive place to be traded to as a player than what may become a perrenial bottom feeder..

Boston looking for RW Help. Stewart mentioned.

Sabres would need to retain salary and Philly 2nd rounder alone is not going to do it.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-red-wings-still-searching-for-missing-blueline-piece/#.VEVH6ZRVumE.twitter

I don't know where to start but trading a good player to a rival who desperately needs him AND pay a large portion of his salary? I'd rather have 10 more seasons like this.

I don't know where to start but trading a good player to a rival who desperately needs him AND pay a large portion of his salary? I'd rather have 10 more seasons like this.

Agreed. We can find a spot for Stewart without helping out Boston. They can have Meszaros back and we'll pay 400% of his salary if they want him, though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.