Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

I guess but none of them jump off the page at me. Don't they just get us back to finishing 12th vs 1st?

They would get us a guaranteed last place finish for eternity of there weren't 16 other guys on the ice. They are three solid pieces, and two of them have high ceilings that could turn "solid" to "great."

It's your privilige to disagree and I compliment you on not trying to insult the person you're disagreeing with like many on this board. However, I don't see any player yearning to come from a top team that has it's Shiite together to come to Buffalo, who clearly doesn't. Ever since Pegula led this team he has certainly sank a lot of money into it but money isn't everything. I think a team that already has its act together is a much more attractive place to be traded to as a player than what may become a perrenial bottom feeder..

Hahahhah no need to insult just because I disagree. I know money and term may be a factor but if a proud guy who only has a few years left in the league chose to sign in buffalo after going to the eastern conference finals then I think players must see the way tpegs treats his players. They must also see there are a lot of prospects in the pipeline that may be coming and contributing as soon as later this year. I'm sure gionta knew things would not be rosy this year but things certainly have the potential to turn around before he hangs it up.

Edited by Derrico

They would get us a guaranteed last place finish for eternity of there weren't 16 other guys on the ice. They are three solid pieces, and two of them have high ceilings that could turn "solid" to "great."

They would be nice additions, but I do not think Myers alone gets all three. I wonder if Buffalo needs to include picks and prospects as well.

Agreed. We can find a spot for Stewart without helping out Boston. They can have Meszaros back and we'll pay 400% of his salary if they want him, though.

Who gives a ###### if we are helping out Boston. If they put the best offer on the table trade, pull the trigger. Not dealing with a rival is a thing that Regier would do.

PS It would be different if we were going to challenge them for the division but...

Edited by LabattBlue

Who gives a ###### if we are helping out Boston. If they put the best offer on the table trade, pull the trigger. Not dealing with a rival is a thing that Regier would do.

PS It would be different if we were going to challenge them for the division but...

It never should be an issue.....especially in hockey....unless it is an all-star goalie possibly. It's 1 of 20 guys you have to face 6 out of 82 times a year.

Saying you wouldn't take the best offer from a division rival is like saying you wouldn't take $150K for your house from your ex, when the best offer on the table is 120K.....

You know what....to expand on that...I am so sick of these supposed analytics and advanced stats materminds in our midst.....I bet you dollars to doughnuts many of them wouldn't want to trade in the division.

Simple math.

1 guy out of 20.....82 games.....1640 man-games......you play him 6 times.....that's 0.3%

The guy you get is playing 82 man-games.....if it's better for your team, it's better for 82 games.....even the 6 you play the other guy.

If you stink...who cares if you help the other guy.

If you are good....who cares if you help the other guy.....you are good, should feel you should beat them anyway, and should really feel like you can beat them if you make a trade that you think improves your team.

It never should be an issue.....especially in hockey....unless it is an all-star goalie possibly. It's 1 of 20 guys you have to face 6 out of 82 times a year.

Saying you wouldn't take the best offer from a division rival is like saying you wouldn't take $150K for your house from your ex, when the best offer on the table is 120K.....

You know what....to expand on that...I am so sick of these supposed analytics and advanced stats materminds in our midst.....I bet you dollars to doughnuts many of them wouldn't want to trade in the division.

Simple math.

1 guy out of 20.....82 games.....1640 man-games......you play him 6 times.....that's 0.3%

The guy you get is playing 82 man-games.....if it's better for your team, it's better for 82 games.....even the 6 you play the other guy.

If you are good....who cares if you help the other guy.....you are good, should feel you should beat them anyway, and should really feel like you can beat them if you make a trade that you think improves your team.

I'm sure you realize that 1/20 is a somewhat inaccurate oversimplification of the actual odds of seeing that player's forward line or D pair, but I get your point.

Simple math.

I would fervently disagree, trading to a rival only works if the player is a rental piece or they are grossly overpaying for a short term low-risk asset. For example I would refuse to trade Myers to Boston or Detroit unless we are receiving equal or more potential in return.

For example if its Myers for Nyquist straight up, that's not horrid since both are young, both have skill, and both have the potential to do great for their new teams. Myers for those 3 prospects may again be an alright swap due to it also being a non divisional team.

Stewart to Boston would only work for me if we are getting more than ample in return. For example in hypothetical, I'd be willing to trade Stewart to Chicago for a 2nd and 4th but require Boston to likely give me a 1st or a pair of 2nds. Especially at this point of the season where if he lights it up which he does seem to fit the Bruins organizational style, I don't want to have to watch him haunt us for years to come.

You two may be all for no rivalry trade constraints but at this point of the season it would only hurt moral further.

Oh and here's a random trade proposal, Stewart, STL's 1st & Stafford for Teddy Purcell and their 1st rounder. I doubt they'd take it, but I'd certainly make the offer and get Dreger to report on it if not only to piss off Oilers fans who want to win now more.

Oh and here's a random trade proposal, Stewart, STL's 1st & Stafford for Teddy Purcell and their 1st rounder. I doubt they'd take it, but I'd certainly make the offer and get Dreger to report on it if not only to piss off Oilers fans who want to win now more.

Not even close.

Let's not forget that Stewart will be a free agent after the season and would leave Boston anyway.

Says who?

Says who?

Boston, the team who had to let Iginla go due to cap space after he scored 30 goals for them last year. The same team that just traded one of their top 4 defensemen Boychuk away due to cap restrictions. The same team that currently has 2 defensemen and 6 forwards under contract for next year. Yeah, if Stewart plays well enough to the point where they would want him back, they won't be able to afford him.

If that is the case I would stop accepting phone calls from Ken Holland for about a month and then see what he thinks is "too much" then.

The Sabres could have drafted Mantha 2x, 18 months ago....and 4 times if Darcy was smart enough to trade Miller and Vanek before a strong draft.

I'm telling you, be happy if you can get rid of the guy and a 2nd for Larkin and their 1st.....

Dreger said most recent request from Buff to Detroit for Myers was Larkin and Kindl. Said it's too much for Detroit.

If that's too much then thats a ###### joke. And I'm actually disappointed in Murray if he actually feels like that's a good deal.

The Sabres could have drafted Mantha 2x, 18 months ago....and 4 times if Darcy was smart enough to trade Miller and Vanek before a strong draft.

I'm telling you, be happy if you can get rid of the guy and a 2nd for Larkin and their 1st.....

Well if the deal was Mantha and (whatever) for Myers I might be more inclined to listen. 57goals in 57 games is impressive even in the Q. Larkin, while a player I like just doesn't cut for Tyler Myers. Myers is an established top 4 defender with both PK and PP skills. I mean Boychuk got 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd. Myers is only going for a former 1st round pick and a spare defender? That isn't close to right. 30yr old Boychuk isn't worth almost the same as 24 year old Myers.

If that's too much then thats a ###### joke. And I'm actually disappointed in Murray if he actually feels like that's a good deal.

It sounds like Holland trying to pull the wool over the rookie GM's eyes.

Well if the deal was Mantha and (whatever) for Myers I might be more inclined to listen. 57goals in 57 games is impressive even in the Q. Larkin, while a player I like just doesn't cut for Tyler Myers. Myers is an established top 4 defender with both PK and PP skills. I mean Boychuk got 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd. Myers is only going for a former 1st round pick and a spare defender? That isn't close to right. 30yr old Boychuk isn't worth almost the same as 24 year old Myers.

I doubt Myers for Mantha straight up gets it done, let alone Detroit throwing in something extra.

Unless I'm reading that wrong

Edited by WildCard

There has to be more pieces that Dreger omitted. Murray needs to call the Ducks and Oilers to see what they would offer in he needs to move Myers off the roster this quickly.

There has to be more pieces that Dreger omitted. Murray needs to call the Ducks and Oilers to see what they would offer in he needs to move Myers off the roster this quickly.

I don't think EDM has a enough to get it done and rumor is they want a center. Right now the only center I would be willing to trade is Hodgson (who is now a winger). I mean an EDM move would be what? Eberle? Their 1st this year? Nurse? I am just not sure what we could want from them.

McKenzie on Chris Stewart:

He's much in demand. Lots of teams interested and one of them is the Boston Bruins. Big gaping hole in Jarome Iginla's spot.

Dreger on Tyler Myers:

Teams are still watching him, including Detroit Red Wings. Detroit likes him, but doesn't love him based on the asking price, which still includes Dylan Larkin. Asking price has to come down.

From TSN Insider Trading Tonight

I don't think EDM has a enough to get it done and rumor is they want a center. Right now the only center I would be willing to trade is Hodgson (who is now a winger). I mean an EDM move would be what? Eberle? Their 1st this year? Nurse? I am just not sure what we could want from them.

Eberle would be a nice addition, but 1 for 1 probably does not get it done from either teams standpoint. I have heard the same thing about wanting a center, but they are also looking for D Help as well.

Eberle would be a nice addition, but 1 for 1 probably does not get it done from either teams standpoint. I have heard the same thing about wanting a center, but they are also looking for D Help as well.

To the Dreger thing, I think he is full of it. The price can stay wherever Murray wants because we don't really have a reason to trade Myers. It has to come down? I am sorry why would the price of a 24yr old defender Calder winner former first round pick come down from another former first round pick? That is just asinine.

Eberle would be okay but I'm not sure of the price to get him.

We would likely be the team adding something to get Eberle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.