Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

The same guy who tried to purchase the Devils and Islanders is looking to join the Ice Arizona ownership group by buying a 51% stake in the Coyotes:

http://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/what-you-need-to-know-about-barroway-s-impending-deal-with-coyotes-100314

Supposedly no plans to move the team, but rather a cash infusion. The increase in franchise valuation over the last year is pretty crazy.

Apparently Bettman doesn't mind if Chris Pronger is hired by the department of player safety and remains employed and payed by Ed Snider. What a crock of ######. Cronyism is alive and well in the N.H.L.

Also nice to see the department of player safety hire *another* player who spent their career hurting other players with hits that are supposed to be illegal these days.

Apparently Bettman doesn't mind if Chris Pronger is hired by the department of player safety and remains employed and payed by Ed Snider. What a crock of ######. Cronyism is alive and well in the N.H.L.

Also nice to see the department of player safety hire *another* player who spent their career hurting other players with hits that are supposed to be illegal these days.

Both those things are jaw-droppingly wrong.

But everyone will look the other way.

Edited by dudacek

and hodgpodge is pointless this season we so lost that trade.....

Byron's name came up a lot in the game when I was listening. I listened to the end for the 1st on, and didn't hear Kassian's name until the second. I don't remember hearing it much after the goal (in the 2nd) either (the the Canuck feed).

The same guy who tried to purchase the Devils and Islanders is looking to join the Ice Arizona ownership group by buying a 51% stake in the Coyotes:

http://www.foxsports...-coyotes-100314

Supposedly no plans to move the team, but rather a cash infusion. The increase in franchise valuation over the last year is pretty crazy.

And at the same time he drops his lawsuit against Wang for what backing out of his sale of the Islanders. The NHL played this one well. Everyone stays happy.

And at the same time he drops his lawsuit against Wang for what backing out of his sale of the Islanders. The NHL played this one well. Everyone stays happy.

Indeed. I guess the Ice Arizona group owes Donald Sterling a thank you card!

I have a theory that the league hires these guys to keep them quiet. I believe that these guys are probably textbook cases of the effects of concussions and the league doesn't want these big name guys in class action suits, so they employ them in shadow positions. See Pat LaFontaine.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.