Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Honestly anything that raises the profile of Buffalo in the hockey world is good. It gives the best players in the league access to all our facilities. It showcases the Harbor Center and the other improvements Buffalo is undergoing. This is a good thing.

People can win Lotto and b*tch that it isn't enough money, or that they're not interested in money.

That's what I'm hearing.

Does nothing for me. I'd rather have the draft

Petey is "reporting" that it will be the draft, all-star game, and another winter classic. Then again, he just said that Pegula owns a football stadium (he doesn't), so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Plus, it's Petey. What are his sources?

I'd rather have the ASG than the draft, though. A LOT more out-of-town fans and reporters will cover/attend than than will cover/attend the draft.

Petey is "reporting" that it will be the draft, all-star game, and another winter classic. Then again, he just said that Pegula owns a football stadium (he doesn't), so I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. Plus, it's Petey. What are his sources?

I'd rather have the ASG than the draft, though. A LOT more out-of-town fans and reporters will cover/attend than than will cover/attend the draft.

Plus the ASG comes w/ the skills competition and, if they still hold it, the young guns game. Much more action than at the draft.

If this is an announcement about the draft in 2016, I'd guess that the ASG is in Buffalo by 2020 at the latest.

Has Buffalo built up enough hotel space to have the league seriously consider holding the ASG in the Nickel City? Would be great to land that. Never would have thought they'd go 40+ years to host a 2nd one back when they hosted their 1st.

Has Buffalo built up enough hotel space to have the league seriously consider holding the ASG in the Nickel City? Would be great to land that. Never would have thought they'd go 40+ years to host a 2nd one back when they hosted their 1st.

By 2017 or 2018, there will be enough beds. There are three hotels going up right now, at at least one more is planned. Several more are fewer than ten years old.

Edited by Eleven

It's that juicy Islander-Hurricane match we've all been waiting for.

Apparently all of North America is watching Baltimore and Kansas City baseball game on TBS tonight.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic X, but this is juicy to me. I know crazy early, but will be rooting for the Canes like crazy tonight.

BTW, i am sure this was on here, but Grabner out indefinitely with sports hernia...i think that hurts the Isles more than just a bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.