Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Relevant? 

I would assume the players would be, as would any executives. Something like a social media manager wouldn't be. But the post you responded to posed a question that kind of takes down my argument: the players would be considered team employees, right? So they may not be subject to the league's nonprofit requirement.s

Edited by Hoss

I would assume the players would be, as would any executives. Something like a social media manager wouldn't be. But the post you responded to posed a question that kind of takes down my argument: the players would be considered team employees, right? So they may not be subject to the league's nonprofit requirement.s

Yup.

Chicago still might be in cap trouble. They have 13 players under contract for next year and only 8.4 million in space. They need to sign Kruger and Saad and only have three NHL D Men under contract. Sharp or Hossa might be available.

Very interested in Saad, but i can't see them letting their future go, Hossa or sharp are more likely.

Would love the idea of hossa on our top line with eichel and kane though.   But seeing his age i wouldn't give a 1st rounder for him.

Hossa seems to be aging like fine wine but he's bound to hit the wall eventually. He's already 36 and is under contract until 20-21. If he retired early though wouldn't the bulk of his salary cap recapture actually fall on Chicago though, since they signed him to his contract? If that's the case, I'd be willing to take a chance on him now and if he decides to retire make Chicago give up something good to minimize the cap recapture penalty just before he retires.

Very interested in Saad, but i can't see them letting their future go, Hossa or sharp are more likely.

Would love the idea of hossa on our top line with eichel and kane though.   But seeing his age i wouldn't give a 1st rounder for him.

They'll let Sharp go.  Saad is a future star.  Hossa is still playing at a very high level on the first line with Toews.

Bickell is another guy they might send packing.

They'll let Sharp go. Saad is a future star. Hossa is still playing at a very high level on the first line with Toews.

Bickell is another guy they might send packing.

Agreed. The only thing I'd point out is that Hossa doesn't have a NTC. Bickell has a limited one and Sharp has a full NMC. Those gets waived all the time, but it might not get waived to come here.

Hasn't Hossa said he would retire before playing elsewhere? Seems like he wants to just keep running with Chicago before going home.

Bickell is the least productive player of the above, but he has size and is younger than the others.  Sharp and Hossa are older, but still productive, although Sharp fell off this year.  I think Sharp relies on talented linemates whereas Hossa has the talent to create on his own (e.g. screaming down the right wing then cutting into the slot).

On another note, Brad Richards has been unimpressive with the Hawks.  I think he'll be elsewhere next year.

Does the picture also have a captain talking about Adam Wainwright when you go to the page too?

"Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright tore his Achilles on Saturday. (Denis Broduer/Getty Images)"

Was just about to post about this.

I just barely remember Pronovost as a coach.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.