Nail Yakupov rumored to sabres

papazoid

If the Oilers ask for Pysyk to be included in the deal and Sabres get Yakupov and a conditional draft choice dependent upon whether Miller agrees to an extension, would you complete the trade?

So Pysyk + Miller for Yakupov and conditional? I would make the pick X with a bump up to Y if Miller resigns so you get a pick either way. That being said as much as I really like Pysyk (kids good) I would make that trade.

I don't like Yak that much to give up Pysyk. Pysyk worked hard to correct his skating since he worked with Buffalo's skating coach and he plays solid in his own end. No way I trade Pysyk. McNabb and Miller and for Yak seems more than enough. Who cares if he was 1st overall. Daigle was 1st overall and he didn't last long in the league. Miller is proven and has faced more shots than any goalie in the league right now and besides one game has held this team in every game. Throw McNabb in since he's still young and has potential.

Holy mackerel.

Pysyk has been known as an excellent skater since the Sabres drafted him.

How on earth can you possibly believe that Edmonton would even consider parting with the guy who led them in goals last year as a rookie 19-year-old and who was the #1 pick in the draft 16 months ago for 80% of 1 season of Miller plus a guy who can't make the roster of the worst team in the NHL?

If the Oilers ask for Pysyk to be included in the deal and Sabres get Yakupov and a conditional draft choice dependent upon whether Miller agrees to an extension, would you complete the trade?

I'm not even the biggest Yakupov fan around, but I'd do this trade yesterday. I know teams need guys like Pysyk, but I don't think his value is equal to that of a potential star scorer.

Which is why Lindy would team him up with guys like Hecht, Pominville, Dumont. Defensively responsible players aleviating Danny of much defensive zone responsibility. I don't recall Danny on a line with Afinogeov...ever.

Yup. Which brings us back around to team building and the nonsensical collection of parts we currently have. While Yakupov doesn't make things fit together any better as far as balance goes, his offensive ceiling is higher than anyone on the roster or in the system, and that makes his acquisition worthwhile IMO.

Well, Darcy loves second rounders, so maybe Yakupov and a 2nd. ;)

Hmmm

I gotta say I am not sold on Yakupov. I will be watching some Oilers games to get a better look at him. The goals I have seen him score are fine but is he a talented guy who can make things happen? or is he a skilled shooter who is opportunistic? For me I don't know and I will be catching some Oilers hockey to find out.

I'm not even the biggest Yakupov fan around, but I'd do this trade yesterday. I know teams need guys like Pysyk, but I don't think his value is equal to that of a potential star scorer.

Yup. Which brings us back around to team building and the nonsensical collection of parts we currently have. While Yakupov doesn't make things fit together any better as far as balance goes, his offensive ceiling is higher than anyone on the roster or in the system, and that makes his acquisition worthwhile IMO.

Exactly, a move like this brings in something the Sabres don't have on their roster, a potential elite goal scorer. It continues along the youth/rebuild movement as the kid is still 19 years old and this isn't a 'Quick Fix' kind of move. The move is for something Sabres fans have been wanting for a while, a top of the draft potentially elite prospect. It doesn't mean the rebuild is over, or that other moves aren't needed, but it bring s a huge piece to the organisation.

If you're presented with this deal for Miller, you kinda have to do it even with Yakupov's somewhat questionable nature. They wouldn't be considering trading him if he didn't have something wrong with him, and who knows, maybe they're not and this is just a bunch of BS.

People here wanted #1 picks, right? Well there ya go.

Holy mackerel.

Pysyk has been known as an excellent skater since the Sabres drafted him.

It was just about the worst take I've ever read here. I'm guessing it is just misidentification of a player but Wow.

Um, no. The subject of Pysyk's developing skating technique was the subject of a joke on a BBG series.

Starts at about the 3:10 mark -- Pysyk's clearly sheepish about how we did his retreat "start" last year.

because right now they are desperate for an upgrade at goaltending and feel they could be a playoff team with the upgrade. They need to start winning or else their fan base is going to riot

Yak is part of a surplus of young talented forwards that can be expendable to get back a missing piece, and he seems to have fallen out of favour with the current coach.

the Oilers best trade chips right now are their young forwards and its what every team is going to ask for from them. Miller is the best and most proven goaltender available that would provide them with a huge boost/upgrade, so if your going to have to give up something of value to upgrade that spot, Yak would be that piece.

Perhaps, but it would be an awfully expensive rental to simply make the playoffs. If they did so, i would have my red flag flying on Yak.

He’s looked lost without the puck and is guilty of trying to do too much individually when he has it. Eakins hoped to get his attention by benching him for a pair of recent games. Instead, a petulant Yakupov said, “I don’t really like playing without the puck, skate all the time and do forecheck and hit somebody every shift — I don’t think it’s my game.”

http://nhl.si.com/20...-has-no-future/

Nail Afinogenov

I would trade our first pick this year for him. Yup I said it. If you want Yakupov... Miller conditional pick if Miller doesn't resign (tops would be our worst 2nd rounder)

We will likely be picking in the top three. That's trading away a possible first overall pick PLUS Ryan Miller. I would be okay with something like Miller, Myers, Ennis or Miller, Myers, McNabb and a 2nd. But I wouldn't do Miller and our first rounder. Yakupov isn't worth a top five pick. Unless you come out of the gates absolutely tearing it up like some guys (Crosby, Stamkos, Tavares, etc.) then your value immediately drops. Yakupov isn't worth a top five pick right now.

Archived