Nail Yakupov rumored to sabres

papazoid

This seems like a return to one of your favored tactics -- putting forth a theory repeatedly and then referring to it as fact.

Virtually everything ever written on this board is someone's opinion, and a lot of is regurgitated time and again. I'm not referring to anything as fact. It's understood we're presenting our opinions. Gotta shake my head over this criticism.

Pure speculation, of course, but if a team like the Kings were to pick up Vanek, they could have one of the nastiest top lines in hockey. Can you imagine Vanek on the left with Kopitar at Center and Dustin Brown on the right? As a fan of the game, that's a fun line just to think about.

http://sportspeak.or...vanek-blog-1088

Pure speculation, of course, but if a team like the Kings were to pick up Vanek, they could have one of the nastiest top lines in hockey. Can you imagine Vanek on the left with Kopitar at Center and Dustin Brown on the right? As a fan of the game, that's a fun line just to think about.

LA always loves getting in on wingers. I know there was some speculation that they'd be interested last year if they actually went into the trade market.

Vanek would be a great fit on the Kings and cement them even more as my favorite Western Conference team.

They have Tyler Toffoli.

And, a guy I love, Linden Vey. If we could come away with Vey, Toffoli and a first that'd be a GREAT deal for Vanek. Could swap in Pearson for Toffoli if the Kings don't want to give up that much. But I doubt we could get that much. More likely one of three, a pick and a lower prospect.

This may be out there, I'l like to see a deal involving Slava Voynov. Maybe in a bigger deal involving Vanek and Myers to the Kings for Voynov and Toffoli? There would likely have to be some additional pieces on the Sabres end considering Vanek would be a rental.

Lets throw in weber :D

edit: then again Iginla and morrow should be comparable, and then i feel we don't need to add much more.

Well Ecklund is reporting the rumor which means that it won't happen.

Actually, one of the posters over on hockeybuzz's Sabre section called this rumor before anyone else. I also know he called a couple of trades before anyone else did on the Sabres, including Dreger and McKenzie. That poster is no illusion, the information was correct.

Actually, one of the posters over on hockeybuzz's Sabre section called this rumor before anyone else. I also know he called a couple of trades before anyone else did on the Sabres, including Dreger and McKenzie. That poster is no illusion, the information was correct.

I feel like any reasonably knowledgeable hockey fan with some common sense and understanding of trade value could make up a bunch of trades and hit on a couple.

I feel like any reasonably knowledgeable hockey fan with some common sense and understanding of trade value could make up a bunch of trades and hit on a couple.

I don't doubt it either TrueBluePhD. But the poster in question called a trade last year was it? a full 48 hours before any others reported it or anything remotely about it. I think it was the Roy/Ott deal, I could be wrong though. It was around that time, and another one as well. Plus, the Yakupov situation, this poster was saying it early last week.

I don't doubt it either TrueBluePhD. But the poster in question called a trade last year was it? a full 48 hours before any others reported it or anything remotely about it. I think it was the Roy/Ott deal, I could be wrong though. It was around that time, and another one as well. Plus, the Yakupov situation, this poster was saying it early last week.

Weave called that here, 3 weeks in advance!

Weave called that here, 3 weeks in advance!

I am not sure I called it as much as I crowed relentlessly that it was a deal that made sense for both teams. I about shat myself when it actually went down.

*still waiting for my cut of the GM's salary*

I am not sure I called it as much as I crowed relentlessly that it was a deal that made sense for both teams. I about shat myself when it actually went down.

HAHA! Now that is funny, but also, sad since you do deserve a cut as a person with vision :)

I'm not sure on the poster in question, as I said, just that they made a few hits on the head of the Nail (you see what I did there :P)

Nonsense. You didn't even have the guts to predict it in Tom Webster's contest! Thanks for the idea though, it helped get me the win :P

Weren't rumors circulating as early as the trade deadline the prior year about a Ott for Roy swap?

I don't recall that.

I remember that Roy and Ott were all over the rumor mill as being "available" with the usual huge variety of teams being mentioned as destinations. Looking at Buffalo's roster and Dallas' roster, both teams had what the other team needed. That trade just made so much sense that there is no way it shouldn't have gone down.

Nonsense. You didn't even have the guts to predict it in Tom Webster's contest! Thanks for the idea though, it helped get me the win :P

So I should be waiting for my cut of your prize then?

You're welcome by the way.

With the world of Twitter, I don't pay attention to any rumors. Everyone is looking for "juice". Certain names makes sense to move and things get going. To look at Edmonton who have a half dozen top draft pick forwards the past few years but need help on defense, and the Sabres who have a pending UFA goalie with street cred....sure, any Edmonton/Buffalo talk makes sense whether it is happening or not.

The night before the Sabres traded for Hodgson, I said there is only 1 team that makes sense for the Sabres to trade with for a potential top center, and that is Vancouver. The next day when it happened....everyone said "Nobody had this trade, it came out of nowhere, Darcy never tips his hand."

I had no knowledge of any talks. I just looked at the landscape and that was the only thing that made sense. If I owned a BS hockey rumor site instead of enjoying talking here, I could have just as easily plunked a few scenarios down and say that I heard Darcy was talking to Vancouver for a center...blah blah blah.....and then Bingo!

With the world of Twitter, I don't pay attention to any rumors. Everyone is looking for "juice". Certain names makes sense to move and things get going. To look at Edmonton who have a half dozen top draft pick forwards the past few years but need help on defense, and the Sabres who have a pending UFA goalie with street cred....sure, any Edmonton/Buffalo talk makes sense whether it is happening or not.

The night before the Sabres traded for Hodgson, I said there is only 1 team that makes sense for the Sabres to trade with for a potential top center, and that is Vancouver. The next day when it happened....everyone said "Nobody had this trade, it came out of nowhere, Darcy never tips his hand."

I had no knowledge of any talks. I just looked at the landscape and that was the only thing that made sense. If I owned a BS hockey rumor site instead of enjoying talking here, I could have just as easily plunked a few scenarios down and say that I heard Darcy was talking to Vancouver for a center...blah blah blah.....and then Bingo!

You're not wrong. But the information was coming from professionals. Not random twitter accounts or hockey blogs.

Weren't rumors circulating as early as the trade deadline the prior year about a Ott for Roy swap?

Yeap. Even Eklund was all over that. There was also talks that we wanted to find a way to bring Morrow in, too. Something with us and Dallas got everybody talking and then BAM it just happened.

I think his name is "Homer." I almost never believe in these internet guys, but he doesn't just throw out rumors all the time. He is very selective, and he gets a lot right.

Archived