Nail Yakupov rumored to sabres

papazoid

Strange -- it's like a series of posts never happened...

Lame. We're all grown ups here,… for the most part. Now I have to re-post the non dumb part of my original post.

Here's why I want him.

His name is Nail. C'mon, that is just awesome.

Our forwards couldn't be any worse defensively anyway so why not gamble with some offensive upside?

Well mike brown going to San jose for a 4th round pick.

They just made room on their roster.

I believe now if anything happens Ott will be part of the trade. "captains always dissapear from the roster"

I actually wonder if DR has the balls to make a move of blockbuster caliber.

If it turns out to be a precursor to another trade, I would hope DR at the very least, spoke with MacT.

Not so fast they recalled Ben Eager.

Eager wasn't doing so hot in the AHL, he's a gap filler at best. He'll be on his way back down.

Just throwing this out there to see what everyone thinks. Does Hall being out a month give us any more shot at trading for him? I'd much rather Hall than Yak. I'd be up for throwing Myers into a deal with Miller that includes Hall.

Just throwing this out there to see what everyone thinks. Does Hall being out a month give us any more shot at trading for him? I'd much rather Hall than Yak. I'd be up for throwing Myers into a deal with Miller that includes Hall.

I think Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, and Eberle are 3 "untouchables", and the only reason Yak is available is because he isn't a good ole Canadian Boy that the coach loves, and they know they have to give up something to get something in return. I doubt that Edmonton will consider moving Hall just because he is hurt at the moment. Could they even move him while he is injured?

Yak is their trade chip to get an upgrade in net

If Hall is injured he can not be traded.

The more I watch and read about Yakupov, he doesn't fit here. He would fit great in Detroit or SJ or another team with really strong leadership and a ton of top guys already. Yakupov isnt the corner stone you build your team on. He is a piece much in the same way Marian Hossa was a piece for those teams he was traded too including the hawks. Unless yakupov is part of something bigger I think bringing him in could actually have a negative effect on other players including Grigorenko. Something about him seems off.

feel free to now quote this post and berate me for "not wanting offensive powerhouses" or "you are idiot Yakupov makes our offense so much better"

If Hall is injured he can not be traded.

The more I watch and read about Yakupov, he doesn't fit here. He would fit great in Detroit or SJ or another team with really strong leadership and a ton of top guys already. Yakupov isnt the corner stone you build your team on. He is a piece much in the same way Marian Hossa was a piece for those teams he was traded too including the hawks. Unless yakupov is part of something bigger I think bringing him in could actually have a negative effect on other players including Grigorenko. Something about him seems off.

feel free to now quote this post and berate me for "not wanting offensive powerhouses" or "you are idiot Yakupov makes our offense so much better"

Nobody is going to berate you for this...we all decided you were out of your mind ages ago :P

I think Buffalo needs to inquire on Philly's Giroux. At least beat around the bush.

And why do you believe Claude Giroux is available?

I will post my thoughts on Yakupov tomorrow after I degest this game I am watching. It has been enlightening.

Archived