GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

I'd love to take some sort of moral high ground on this but I just don't care. Our star players have never been exempt from anything so why should any other team's players be left alone?

I just don't want to be the team that does that. Punks like Marchand who ask for it are one thing, but this was different IMO.

Holy cow, what a mess. After Tropp got KO'd Scott had words with Kessel, dropped his gloves! and Kessel gave him two good two handed baseball swings at his knees. And then all hell broke loose. Kessel ended up fighting Flynn. Miller and Reimer went. Reimer got the better of it.

And then I lost the feed I was watching.

Holy crap! Shades of Philly.

Gatdammit how was I supposed to concentrate on my draft with that mess going on?

Oh crap.

Forgot about the draft.

Too bad I missed this game. Damn flooded basements. That was hockey, right there. Hockey is not a gentleman's game; your team mate goes down, then you need to react. The goons and fighters know there is NO reason to not skate away from a fight.

And when they see their boy's head slap the ice like that they MUST react.

Scott was doing what he's paid to do. Everyone else was covering their brothers. Someone else said it, but this is team bonding. All of those silly go kart trips and hang out sessions at The Pegula's, the early morning beach training...that's what it's for: you cover your brother.

When a group of guys give so much of a damn for each other they're willing to spill blood for them, then you have yourselves a team. And only real TEAMS get anywhere. I like it.

If Kessel isnt suspended for going Slapshot and using only his stick (especially after he came back to Scott when he was tied up with Clarkson) I will be pissed off at Shanahan

The NHL's track record has shown that not only will Kessel go unpunished but John Scott will somehow receive punishment.

Just watched the fights. Tropp was okay til that last right but good for him fighting out of his weight class. I hope he is okay.

Now, Scott goes to grab Jessel and he backs off and baseball swings at Scott. Thats cowardly and Flynn may have lost his fight but he at least went after kessel.

Miller v Bernier was fun.

Kessel should sit. Don't think he will but he should.

Good for buffalo for dropping the gloves. Step in the right direction.

Just watched the fights. Tropp was okay til that last right but good for him fighting out of his weight class. I hope he is okay.

Now, Scott goes to grab Jessel and he backs off and baseball swings at Scott. Thats cowardly and Flynn may have lost his fight but he at least went after kessel.

Miller v Bernier was fun.

Kessel should sit. Don't think he will but he should.

Good for buffalo for dropping the gloves. Step in the right direction.

Cowardly was the first thing that I thought of too.

You're all a bunch of whiners. First everyone is mad that the Sabres wont put up a fight. And now that they're putting up a fight you don't like it?

There's a big difference between playing tough and the crap that went on last night. Yeah, let's keep fighting in hockey. Another player carted off the ice with a concussion and a sh!t load of penalties (and likely suspensions). Hockey? Nope, WWE. Slapshot IV.

Phil Kessel was given a match penalty for deliberately attempting to injure another player. He is suspended from all further competition until a ruling is handed down by the league.

Also godd, baseball swinging your stick is cowardly.

Again, if Paul Bissonette tells Cody Hodgson he's going to jump him, then drops his gloves and sneak attacks....I hope Cody 2-hands him in the nads. Scott has 8 inches, 70 lbs, and 2% of the scoring ability on Kessel. The whole thing is what it is. I'm most impressed with Miller going at it. He could have mailed it in and I wouldn't blame him considering it's preseason and he probably is a goner.

I would agree if he didn't then go and beat the piss out of Flynn. He wasn't avoiding responsibility, he was like a hot chick using mace on a burly guy in the unlit parking lot of a Rent-to-Own.

The first two-hander was a solid defense mechanism. The second one, while Scott was tied up, is the worst kind of action you can take on the ice. a slash with intent to injure against a defenseless player? Cowardly ######. He fought Flynn because he had to.

Archived