GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 9-21-13 at 7PM and Sabres at Leafs Sunday night

spndnchz

Unfortunately it appears so at this point. I'm just not sure what his deal is

Maybe he should have just spent his last two years of junior eligibility...in juniors. Last year is a sunk cost, but if he's clearly not NHL ready, why wouldn't they just send him back to Quebec? Then he could be in the A next year and get back to a somewhat normal development path.

Maybe he should have just spent his last two years of junior eligibility...in juniors. Last year is a sunk cost, but if he's clearly not NHL ready, why wouldn't they just send him back to Quebec? Then he could be in the A next year and get back to a somewhat normal development path.

So have we finally reached a consensus that the Sabres did a terrible job with him last season?

If there really was a #Blueprint and they really knew they were rebuilding over a year ago, they would have been much more patient and thoughtful with regard to their no.1 prospect.

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington 35m

Confirmed by Rolston that Girgensons has a hand issue. Status uncertain. #Sabres

I'm hoping Girgensons doesn't turn out to be injury-prone.

So have we finally reached a consensus that the Sabres did a terrible job with him last season?

If there really was a #Blueprint and they really knew they were rebuilding over a year ago, they would have been much more patient and thoughtful with regard to their no.1 prospect.

I'm hoping Girgensons doesn't turn out to be injury-prone.

I thought that was the consensus. Regarding Girgensons...with the way he plays the game, I wouldn't be surprised if a full year out of him is 70 games.

To me Grigorenko is clearly not ready for the NHL. He needs work on his skating and shouldn't earn on roster spot on this team because Regier and management screwed up last year playing him more than 10 games.

Regier and management or Regier and ownership? Terry went on the radio with Kevin and made a somewhat cryptic remark about Grigorenko's status, something to the effect that it wouldn't make any sense to send him back to juniors. Terry stating his own opinion or Terry repeating Regier's opinion? Fans, you make the call.

Regier and management or Regier and ownership? Terry went on the radio with Kevin and made a somewhat cryptic remark about Grigorenko's status, something to the effect that it wouldn't make any sense to send him back to juniors. Terry stating his own opinion or Terry repeating Regier's opinion? Fans, you make the call.

Either one it really doesn't matter anymore as to me he hasn't done anything to warrant a roster spot on this team. To me he looks the same as last year.

Sounds like Girgernsons should be OK.

Paul Hamilton@pham1717 5m

Rolston said Girgensons and Kaleta have swollen hands, but doesn't expect them to miss much practice if any

Beat me to it.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres23m

Girgensons, Kaleta didn't practice this morning, but they'll be fine, Rolston says. Nothing major. #sabres

Some things I noticed last night:

* McBain has more skill and energy than I thought he would. He also made some piss-poor decisions out there. He was just like our Canes fan visitor described him.

* I love Cody McCormick. He looks back to where he was when he first arrived here, playing tough and killing penalties. He and Kaleta might be among the leagues better fourth-line combos.

* I saw more from Grigs last night than most of you seemed to. I guess I'm saying he's still not ready, but I do see more than last year. He's got hands and some sense in the offensive zone. Very weak on the boards however, and I am surprised how laboured his skating seemed. He desperately needs to be in the AHL.

* Girgensons and Risto got smacked around quite a bit. Both were on their ###### a lot. Girgensons was meh; I expected a little more skill and a little more fury. Risto was quite good though. Had the poise I look for in my Dmen.

* Pysyk deserved the love I was giving him pre-game, and I told my daughter she could marry Foligno.

* Sulzer is going to have a hard time making this team.

I'm not going to put much stock into a preseason game, but overall I liked our effort. We skated hard, played with structure and made life easy for Enroth. So far, Rolston seems to be doing a good job.

Some things I noticed last night:

* McBain has more skill and energy than I thought he would. He also made some piss-poor decisions out there. He was just like our Canes fan visitor described him.

* I love Cody McCormick. He looks back to where he was when he first arrived here, playing tough and killing penalties. He and Kaleta might be among the leagues better fourth-line combos.

* I saw more from Grigs last night than most of you seemed to. I guess I'm saying he's still not ready, but I do see more than last year. He's got hands and some sense in the offensive zone. Very weak on the boards on the boards however, and I am surprised how laboured his skating seemed. He desperately needs to be in the AHL.

* Girgensons and Risto got smacked around quite a bit. Both were on their ###### a lot. Girgensons was meh; I expected a little more skill and a little more fury. Risto was quite good though. Had the poise I look for in my Dmen.

* Pysyk deserved the love I was giving him pre-game, and I told my daughter she could marry Foligno.

* Sulzer is going to have a hard time making this team.

I'm not going to put much stock into a preseason game, but overall I liked our effort. We skated hard, played with structure and made life easy for Enroth. So far, Rolston seems to be doing a good job.

I approve this message, specially about Grigs. Also, Kaleta needs to just dial it back a little bit or he is going to injure himself. He also needs to lose the Pez dispenser act.

Archived