Sabres pick #16 Nikita Zadorov

spndnchz

Reminder: If your country thinks 3 is a letter, I cannot take you seriously.

I've often wondered if dyslexics are more or less comfortable with the Cyrillic alphabet.

Which reminds me of the joke about the dyslexic maitre D at Fuddruckers. He got fired because he kept saying, "Welcome to rudefukkers."

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

GO SABRRES!!!

I've often wondered if dyslexics are more or less comfortable with the Cyrillic alphabet.

Which reminds me of the joke about the dyslexic maitre D at Fuddruckers. He got fired because he kept saying, "Welcome to rudefukkers."

I'm here all week. Try the veal.

GO SABRRES!!!

I laughed.

I'm blatantly ripping this off from elsewhere, but...."Zad the Impaler". Any objections?

Yes. If you are inferring Vlad the impaler from the Red Wings. Otherwise, nevermind and rock on. Maybe we can go with a Zepplin reference.

• 5 weeks later...

So. The Sabres were going to trade 16 for 14 with the CBJ. We would have had Domi (the Sabres wanted him) and not Zadorov or Bailey. Thoughts?

Small forward... Not sure on that one. What are the chances that Buffalo though that Phoenix was the only reasonable team that was going to pick Zadorov so they felt safe waiting for 16?

Was it to troll Toronto? And ensure the 30 and older fans struggled with their emotions when he was on the ice, as part of them wanted to do well because of the lore of his father, yet at the same time knowing their own happiness resided on him playing poorly. The sabres then hypothesised (but not theorised) that this internal struggle would manifest externally in silence. In turn giving the Sabres a better chance of winning

Gotta review the Blue and Gold vid.

Mentions trade to 14 but leaves the impression the Sabres vetoed it because they liked Zadorov.

And because Domi was taken 12th.

Was it to troll Toronto? And ensure the 30 and older fans struggled with their emotions when he was on the ice, as part of them wanted to do well because of the lore of his father, yet at the same time knowing their own happiness resided on him playing poorly. The sabres then hypothesised (but not theorised) that this internal struggle would manifest externally in silence. In turn giving the Sabres a better chance of winning

Marcus Foligno?

I mentioned this in another thread but if sitting here right now my choice is Max Domi or Nikita Zadorov, I take Zadorov without blinking.

Also I think Justin Bailey did well at WJC last week and I am happy to have him in the system. His upside is largely unknown but I think for the Sabres right now it is better to have several things cooking on the stove instead of just one

So. The Sabres were going to trade 16 for 14 with the CBJ. We would have had Domi (the Sabres wanted him) and not Zadorov or Bailey. Thoughts?

Not a fan. I'd rather have two lotto tickets than one. Nothing about Max Domi made me think he's a better bet or has a higher upside than Zadarov.

Then if you consider the move to 27, we could've had Ryan Hartman in place of Hurley and Bailey. There were obviously plenty of other options at 27, though. But Hartman would've been the guy I would've preferred.

I remember Darcy talking at some point about there being drop-off points right around both Sabres picks.

So after watching the Columbus video and rewatching the Blue and Gold video it's clear that the Sabres targeted Risto at eight and had him ranked higher. But they refused to move Sekera to pick fifth, so they must have had three other guys ranked very close to him, however.

They may have ranked him as high as fourth, Devine talked about him being most ready to play, and it looked like he was at the top of their second tier.

It also seemed like they wanted a forward with their second pick. And they were willing to move up to make it happen.

Certainly Domi was a target; Horvat and Nichushkin might have been as well. But after Domi came off the table, they were no longer interested in trading up, satisfied that there wasn't much difference between 13 and 16. He probably marked the last available player in their second tier.

Zadorov was clearly someone they liked, but also someone they probably did not want at eight and did not think would be available at 16. He was probably at or near the top of their third tier. They probably had a forward in mind at 16, possibly Lazar, who fit their profile, but Zadarov's surprising availability changed their minds.

The talk with Columbus for 27 was almost certainly about moving up to take Compher; Darcy said they had talks about moving up into the late first for him.

Damn, those videos are great. I love this ######.

Archived