Sabres pick #16 Nikita Zadorov

spndnchz

I didn't notice Myers last night. I look at that as progress.

Actually Myers has some offense last night. A few he took the puck all the way up the ice. Effortlessly. Gliding like an eagle downwind.

One shift he brought it in, took the big slapper, circled the net back to D, then brought the puck around again.

I think he's gaining some confidence.

Not sure what the team will do with Zadorov, but there are three veteran D slugs on the team in Weber, McBain, and Hank that he's already better than.

This is the crux of the issue in my mind. He's already better than two of the top 6 in the rotation. Weber would be better served by a return to juniors "with things to work on" if he were eligible. At minimum, he should be up in the press box for a stint.

GO SABRES!!!

The better Zadorov looks, the farther away from this ###### show I want him.

That's it exactly, Reason One to fire Regier and start anew, even with the rebuilding plan in place, was to keep these kids out of a toxic environment. That's not to say it would be all sunshine and kittens, but a new GM and coach would have a honeymoon period anyway. It would have provided these kids some cover.

Get used to seeing Baby Z in Blue and Gold. His London Knight days are over: http://audio.wgr550....ron-rolston.htm

Yep, Robey(sp?) radio came on afterwords and he indicated it was a no brainer decision to keep him up. He went on to say he thought Zadarov was atleast a top 3 defensman on this team and should be given atleast 20 min a night.

And based on what I see.. I agree. Would you put Weber or McBain in the lineup over him? Hell no.

The kid may regress a bit but at the same time the Sabres are playing to extremely low expectations so there's really no pressure on these kids right now. They know they are not expected to succeed, just learn and grow.

The key thing with Zadorov is his attitude. He's come off as very relaxed and as the kind of player who genuinely enjoys playing the game as long as he's left alone to play the game his way. As long as Ron and co. don't try to make him into a player he isn't, he should be fine.

The key thing with Zadorov is his attitude. He's come off as very relaxed and as the kind of player who genuinely enjoys playing the game as long as he's left alone to play the game his way. As long as Ron and co. don't try to make him into a player he isn't, he should be fine.

I see that with him and with Zemgus, too. Problem is, someday, the Sabres will have a coach with a system, and these guys will have to play in it. But they do seem relaxed and they do seem to be enjoying themselves.

I see that with him and with Zemgus, too. Problem is, someday, the Sabres will have a coach with a system, and these guys will have to play in it. But they do seem relaxed and they do seem to be enjoying themselves.

Hopefully any future system will be implemented correctly in that it is built to maximize the skills of the players within it. That after all, is the entire point of a system.

Get used to seeing Baby Z in Blue and Gold. His London Knight days are over: http://audio.wgr550....ron-rolston.htm

Thanks for the link.

I agree that from the sound of that interview, Z has seen his last days in junior hockey. If he were a boy among men out there, I'd be concerned but he's a man among men on the ice. That is so obvious. And the only place he's gonna learn the intricacies of the position at an NHL level, is in the NHL.

The sooner this group of young players takes over and makes the team their own, the better. Try to keep Ott and another savvy vet or two, but then get out of the way. Time to go all in.

GO SABRES!!!

And based on what I see.. I agree. Would you put Weber or McBain in the lineup over him? Hell no.

The kid may regress a bit but at the same time the Sabres are playing to extremely low expectations so there's really no pressure on these kids right now. They know they are not expected to succeed, just learn and grow.

Yes I would put Weber, McBain or Sulzer in this lineup over Zadorov because I can't think of a good reason to keep Zadorov. He would learn and grow more in Juniors this year. I will continue to argue that point long after these idiots in charge keep him past game 9.

Yes I would put Weber, McBain or Sulzer in this lineup over Zadorov because I can't think of a good reason to keep Zadorov. He would learn and grow more in Juniors this year. I will continue to argue that point long after these idiots in charge keep him past game 9.

Be prepared to expend lots of energy because he's not returning to London.

Be prepared to expend lots of energy because he's not returning to London.

He should be returned to London and only an incompetent coach/gm would keep him on this sabres team this season. There is absolutely no reason to keep Zadorov on the roster when he can learn as much if not more playing 25minutes a night in London.

Sad/weird thing is I love his game. I am just all for allowing kids to develop properly. Putting 18yr old kids in the lineup is not the way to do it.

He should be returned to London and only an incompetent coach/gm would keep him on this sabres team this season. There is absolutely no reason to keep Zadorov on the roster when he can learn as much if not more playing 25minutes a night in London.

Sad/weird thing is I love his game. I am just all for allowing kids to develop properly. Putting 18yr old kids in the lineup is not the way to do it.

Way too much generalization IMO. Every player is different. Monahan and McKinnon should be back in Junior Hockey too?

Way too much generalization IMO. Every player is different. Monahan and McKinnon should be back in Junior Hockey too?

That is your example? The #1 overall and a guy who is currently leading all rookie in points?

Also you contradict yourself with your own post. "Every player is different. Monahan and McKinnon should be back in Junior Hockey too?" Yes every player is different and Zadorov has a ton of talent and is still really raw. What happens when teams figure him out or start seeing his gaps? He needs another year in Juniors. NEEDS IT. Imagine him playing another year in London and coming in next year with that under his belt.

This team is going no where. Send guys to where they can work on and learn their game best. For 18yr old Nikita it is London. I have no doubt in my mind.

You're drunk.

That is your example? The #1 overall and a guy who is currently leading all rookie in points?

Also you contradict yourself with your own post. "Every player is different. Monahan and McKinnon should be back in Junior Hockey too?" Yes every player is different and Zadorov has a ton of talent and is still really raw. What happens when teams figure him out or start seeing his gaps? He needs another year in Juniors. NEEDS IT. Imagine him playing another year in London and coming in next year with that under his belt.

This team is going no where. Send guys to where they can work on and learn their game best. For 18yr old Nikita it is London. I have no doubt in my mind.

I'm not contradicting myself. You're the one said "I am just all for allowing kids to develop properly. Putting 18yr old kids in the lineup is not the way to do it." I asked about Monahan and McKinnon based upon your general statement that I quoted. For that matter, Calgary is going nowhere this season either.

At any rate, Zadorov will be staying up in Buffalo and you'll have plenty of opportunity to bitch about it all season long. He looks NHL ready to me. Beyond my unqualified opinion, Roby said on WGR just this morning that keeping Zadorov in the NHL this season is a "no brainer".

10/29 Roby Radio: http://audio.wgr550....wnloadlink=true

Listen in at 6:25 into the segment for the discussion on Zadorov.

I'm not contradicting myself. You're the one said "I am just all for allowing kids to develop properly. Putting 18yr old kids in the lineup is not the way to do it." I asked about Monahan and McKinnon based upon your general statement that I quoted. For that matter, Calgary is going nowhere this season either.

At any rate, Zadorov will be staying up in Buffalo and you'll have plenty of opportunity to bitch about it all season long. He looks NHL ready to me. Beyond my unqualified opinion, Roby said on WGR just this morning that keeping Zadorov in the NHL this season is a "no brainer".

10/29 Roby Radio: http://audio.wgr550....wnloadlink=true

Listen in at 6:25 into the segment for the discussion on Zadorov.

Yup still a mistake for this team with this situation. Zadorov should be in London.

Archived