2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

Fun fact:

If Tallinder does not play in the final, he will not get his name on the cup

Ouch, 39 games, 2 short.

EDIT: Although, "The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances."

Ouch, 39 games, 2 short.

EDIT: Although, "The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances."

Yeah, i presumed there would be an exception - especially how close he is! Plus he has still been around the locker room etc.

Although, somehow i don't think the exception reasoning will be needed :P

Don't know how you can't get to like this King's roster after watching these playoffs. They absolutely deserve the Cup...even more so because they play a relatively clean style, too.

IIRC RJ was still on GR when the games were just on Versus. I'd expect most Buffalo fans would be watching the tv and listening to RJ on the radio.

Are the Kings announcers not on the radio?

No, Bob Miller and Jim Fox are not calling the game on radio or tv. Alot of upset Kings fans because of this. They get to listen to Emerick call the game. YUCK!!

No, Bob Miller and Jim Fox are not calling the game on radio or tv. Alot of upset Kings fans because of this. They get to listen to Emerick call the game. YUCK!!

Still sucks for them but they'll have this:

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/21239-2012-stanley-cup-finals-kings-vs-devils/page__st__120#entry395168

Not to bring up a sore subject, but if the Kings win tonight (which looks probable), it reduces the number of current NHL teams who have never won the Cup to 12. (Of course, the Sabres are in that "dirty dozen".) I haven't been much of a Kings fan after the Rogie Vachon/Marcel Dionne era (they lost me when they dropped the royal purple and gold unis.) However, this year's team has won me over - they are the kind of team that I think we all wish the Sabres could be. It's not over yet - the fourth win in the Finals is the most difficult to get - but I think the Cup will be hoisted tonight.....

they are the kind of team that I think we all wish the Sabres could be

I don't mean to single out a single comment, but I can't help but laugh at this one. The Kings are on the verge of matching the greatest single season playoff run off all time. They're the kind of team that ALL FANS wish their team could be.

And on another note, I heard an interesting point on the radio this morning. I wonder how different things would be if the Kings had landed Kovalchuk a couple years ago instead.

I don't mean to single out a single comment, but I can't help but laugh at this one. The Kings are on the verge of matching the greatest single season playoff run off all time. They're the kind of team that ALL FANS wish their team could be.

And on another note, I heard an interesting point on the radio this morning. I wonder how different things would be if the Kings had landed Kovalchuk a couple years ago instead.

They certainly wouldn't have been able to afford their roster depth right now if they had.

And the year before the Bruins were the kind of team the fans wanted the Sabres to be, and before that it was the Blackhawks, and the Pens, etc. etc..........

If you are big.....or you play big....and have a decent amount of talent.....you can win the whole thing.

Not disagreeing with the point you are making, but if you have some time on your hands could you provide the same analysis for the 2009 Penquins.

I don't think the same type of results will show ... I'm not sure, but I don't think their top scoring forwards were as big or as hitting and did they have a stud defenseman that year?

Tallinder is playing tonight for Harrold.

http://youtu.be/9qycYhtB86o

Does this mean if NJ makes the big comeback and win the cup 4 games to 3 will he have his name on the cup?

Does this mean if NJ makes the big comeback and win the cup 4 games to 3 will he have his name on the cup?

Yup, IIRC, you only need to appear in one game in the SCF to get your name on the cup, I think its 40 games during the Regular season, and a couple of playoff games will also get your name there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2012/06/06/watching-the-kings-clinch-their-first-stanley-cup-live-not-so-priceless-try-1000-minimum/?feed=rss_home

As of 11 AM PST, roughly 6 hours before Game 4′s start, the cheapest ticket available for tonight’s game is listed at $990 in section 333 in the last row of the section.

The cheapest buy-in that is not in the 300-level is Event Suite 2 at $1400…and that’s standing room only. The cheapest 200-level ticket in section 206 is going for $1540.

Last, and CERTAINLY not least, the cheapest 100-level seats are $1800 in section 111.

How much would you pay for chance to see your favorite team win?

http://www.forbes.co.../?feed=rss_home

As of 11 AM PST, roughly 6 hours before Game 4′s start, the cheapest ticket available for tonight’s game is listed at $990 in section 333 in the last row of the section.

The cheapest buy-in that is not in the 300-level is Event Suite 2 at $1400…and that’s standing room only. The cheapest 200-level ticket in section 206 is going for $1540.

Last, and CERTAINLY not least, the cheapest 100-level seats are $1800 in section 111.

How much would you pay for chance to see your favorite team win?

Nothing ...

Rather see it on TV.

Yup, IIRC, you only need to appear in one game in the SCF to get your name on the cup, I think its 40 games during the Regular season, and a couple of playoff games will also get your name there.

Mike Zigomanis has his name on the cup from the Pens 2009 win, and he only played in 22 regular season games, and didn't suit up for a single playoff game. Shero and Lemieux made the decision to include him.

Archived