2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

I forgot to post my thoughts yesterday, but I think Kings are going to win in 6. I think the Devils will only win 1 home game, and 1 road game, and that'll be all she wrote. After watching the game last night, it's hard to waiver from my initial thoughts. The Devils could not sustain much pressure, but they were able to capitalize the one time they could, so I guess that's a bright spot. It seems as if the Kings have four unrelenting lines.

And as an aside, I am an eternal optimist, but wow...it feels like the Sabres are way off from the Kings level.

So is everyone else. 15-2 in the playoffs, up 3-0 in the game tonight and still attacking the offensive zone. Would love to see play like that from the Sabres. The Kings are fun to watch.

I really just expected more from NJ.

I hear you. I was hoping for more from Jersey just to make a series of it but L.A. seems to have the hockey gods on their side. This is a monumental roll they are on.

Not that it made a lick of difference but that 1st goal was a joke non-call by the ref. He must have x-ray vision to see the puck under Brouder's pad. Again, it didn't matter, but...

PTR

Deboer was pretty peeved about it. Getting that first goal could have changed everything, but that call went the wrong way and between it and that 5 on 3 that they blew, it was just all downhill from there.

I hear you. I was hoping for more from Jersey just to make a series of it but L.A. seems to have the hockey gods on their side. This is a monumental roll they are on.

I've never seen Kovalchuk look more ineffective. LA has just taken him out of the game completely.

Worst part about all this is that all the ###### in Los Angeles are acting like they've been Kings fans their entire lives.

I hate this place. I hate the Lakers. I hate the Clippers. I hate the Dodgers. I love the Kings as a team but knowing that the Cup is likely coming to a city that doesn't deserve it and has no idea what to do with it.....sickening.

Worst part about all this is that all the ###### in Los Angeles are acting like they've been Kings fans their entire lives.

I hate this place. I hate the Lakers. I hate the Clippers. I hate the Dodgers. I love the Kings as a team but knowing that the Cup is likely coming to a city that doesn't deserve it and has no idea what to do with it.....sickening.

Though I wonder if the league will let Alyssa Milano have the Cup for a day.

Anyone else realize that Hank Tallinder has a chance here to have his named etched on the cup? Having said that, Kings in 4.

You just might get your wish.

I haven't been able to watch any games, but the Kings' juggernaut is something I would have never even seriously considered when the playoffs started. Here's to the Kings finally earning their Crown after all these years.

Quick's accumulating numbers:

Shutouts - 4

GAA - 1.36

SV% - .950

3-0 Series Lead - 4 times

Games played - 17

Total goals allowed in 17 games - 13

Penalty kill - 64 - 69 or 92.8%

These numbers are my definition of crazy good.

While the fat lady is not singing yet, she is doing her warm up exercises.

Gives me hope that when a team just gets in anything could happen. That said, of course our Sabres at present do not really compare favourably with the Kings.

The cup, in all likelihood, in southern Cali ... the Myans could be right in their prediction after all.

New Jersey has to be wondering what the heck they got themselves into.

Unreal. 3-0 lead on a 4-0 blowout in the Stanley Cup Finals. Watching the Kings is like watching a racehorse that, just when you think it might run out of gas, suddenly finds yet another gear. They're absolutely rolling.

I just don't see how NJ manages to get a win on Wednesday.

This is just it...they don't run out of gas. I said last year about the Canucks that they were just a machine clicking everywhere and this is what the Kings are doing. They haven't stopped clicking and show no signs of doing so.

I also don't see how NJ wins tomorrow, but you never know.

I just hope that the Kings can win it 4 or 6 (or, if it goes 7, that NJ wins it.) I hate it when the Cup is won on the road. It would be fitting for the Kings this year, given their road record, but it's still no fun to watch. Basically, you have a silent arena with 99% angry fans watching the other team celebrate. It's much more fun when the home team wins it.

Quick's accumulating numbers:

Shutouts - 4

GAA - 1.36

SV% - .950

3-0 Series Lead - 4 times

Games played - 17

Total goals allowed in 17 games - 13

Penalty kill - 64 - 69 or 92.8%

These numbers are my definition of crazy good.

Here are the right numbers:

- Qucks' playoff numbers

SV%: .950

GAA: 1.36

GA: 24

SO: 3

Wins: 15

Losses 2

Finals GAA: 0.563

An opposing team has scored more than 2 goals on Quick (3) only twice through 17 games.

If anyone else wins the Vezina than its rigged because these numbers arent human. Quick kept his team alive during the season when they weren't scoring and so far in these playoffs he has made timely saves game after game. He could make an argument for the Conn Smythe without to much effort and idk if the nominations are in for this but he should be a Hart candidate considering without his stunning play all season the Kings would have missed the playoffs alltogether.

If anyone else wins the Vezina than its rigged because these numbers arent human. Quick kept his team alive during the season when they weren't scoring and so far in these playoffs he has made timely saves game after game. He could make an argument for the Conn Smythe without to much effort and idk if the nominations are in for this but he should be a Hart candidate considering without his stunning play all season the Kings would have missed the playoffs alltogether.

If I am not mistaken, the Vezina ballots were cast before the playoffs started. If Quick doen't win the Vezina, it won't be because they overlooked his playoff performances.

I thought Brown was going to be the playoff MVP. Not any more I don't. Quick has it covered now.

If I am not mistaken, the Vezina ballots were cast before the playoffs started. If Quick doen't win the Vezina, it won't be because they overlooked his playoff performances.

I thought Brown was going to be the playoff MVP. Not any more I don't. Quick has it covered now.

I hate it when captains win the conn smythe. Them hoisting the cup should be enough. Give it to someone who played a vital role, gosh that bothers me. It's almost as bad as QB's winning Super Bowl MVP every year and Lidstrom winning 4 awards every year at the NHL Awards.

JUST GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

I, for one, am shocked the Devils haven't had more pushback. I think they've played really well at times and have had a good number of chances, but man, Quick is just unbeatable right now. Kudos to the Kings. I may not be in love with everyone on their team or their style of play, but this is one of the most impressive runs to the Cup I've ever seen.

i have never been a kings fan, but how great it is it that the franchise most responsible for making the NHL all but unwatchable (when the sabres aren't playing) with their philosophy of controlled interference is getting their collective ass handed to them?

Archived