2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

Tell me again how you build a cup winner by trading players like Carter & Richards?

PTR

Ask me in 2 or 3 years if and when they lift the Cup. Next season is only year 2 in their rebuild and I would hazard a guess that they are closer than Buffalo in year 2 ( with Pegulas wallet ) of Regiers attempt at winning the cup. My original point was that Phillys G.M. isn't afraid to roll the dice in his pursuit of winning the cup which trading Richards and Carter to L.A. proves. Obviously L.A. gained some great players in their pursuit of the cup and it appears it will work out for them sooner but thats not to say the flyers won't also win it in the near future. Theres no way of knowing if Richards and Carter would have led the Flyers to the cup this season had that trade not been made. I doubt it.

I really don't like listening to Doc Emerick. He's annoying (plus he's a Devil homer anyway). Same with Pang and McGuire. Eddie O is decent but thats about it. Wish I could watch it on Hockey Night in Canada, but out in the West Coast, we have no choice.

I was reading on the Kings forum boards, that they are disappointed because they cannot listen to their play by play man, Bob Miller and Jim Fox do the Finals. I can sympathize since it would kill me to not hear Rick Jeanereate if the Sabres were in the SCF. I know this is nothing new, but somehow, I think the two home cities should be able to hear their own broadcast.

I remember back in the 80's and 90's after the winning team marched around the ice with the Cup, they would do tons of interviews in the locker room, with all the champange flying around. You really got to hear some good perspective from the players and see the celebration. Now, they just interview a couple guys by the bench after they win it. The post game coverage really stinks now, in my opinion.

Well, wanted to throw my 2cents in here. Kings up 2-0. Close tight games with not too many scoring chances. Both goalies are incredible. Give me your feedback on what I posted above Sabre fans.

Richards and Carter were important parts of Philly's core. I think they're having more success in LA because they already had a skilled core with leadership in place when they got there. They were the biggest douchebags on Philly before they left, and nothing will make me believe that Philly made the wrong move by trading them away. Flyers fans, on the other hand, might have a problem with it and whine about it. That's just fine with me.

See Philly in the next 5 years?

It'll likely be sooner than that. The Flyers will be tight against the Cap this upcoming season, going into the following season they will be in great shape Cap wise with all the major pieces already under contract.

And the Kings do the improbable, stealing a game in OT that they had no business winning. Outstanding.

NJ got robbed. They played so well and just didn't get the W. The Kings officially have the "it" factor.

The Kings may be on one of the best Stanley Cup runs of all-time.

Kings have played their two worst games of the play offs so far in the finals, and last nights game they played worse than game 1. It's insane that they are up 2-0 but when you're on a roll you're on a roll.

That said, if they continue their recent decent towards the December Kings I think they will have a real struggle on their hands.

Ask me in 2 or 3 years if and when they lift the Cup. Next season is only year 2 in their rebuild and I would hazard a guess that they are closer than Buffalo in year 2 ( with Pegulas wallet ) of Regiers attempt at winning the cup. My original point was that Phillys G.M. isn't afraid to roll the dice in his pursuit of winning the cup which trading Richards and Carter to L.A. proves. Obviously L.A. gained some great players in their pursuit of the cup and it appears it will work out for them sooner but thats not to say the flyers won't also win it in the near future. Theres no way of knowing if Richards and Carter would have led the Flyers to the cup this season had that trade not been made. I doubt it.

IIRC RJ was still on GR when the games were just on Versus. I'd expect most Buffalo fans would be watching the tv and listening to RJ on the radio.

Are the Kings announcers not on the radio?

IIRC RJ was still on GR when the games were just on Versus. I'd expect most Buffalo fans would be watching the tv and listening to RJ on the radio.

Personally, I wouldn't be...pain in the toukas to sync up the audio with the TV and it would drive me nuts otherwise.

The last time the Sabres got to a playoff round where Versus had the exclusive rights (2007, I believe), RJ & Jim Lorentz still did the radio.

I can imagine Flyers fans being told "just wait a couple years." Probably the same reaction you'd get here if we traded Roy and Vanek and they won a cup the next season.

PTR

I can imagine Flyers fans being told "just wait a couple years." Probably the same reaction you'd get here if we traded Roy and Vanek and they won a cup the next season.

PTR

It's true, people would probably say that, but there still wouldn't be any merit to it. It certainly doesn't seem likely that Roy and Vanek are going to lead the Sabres to a Stanley Cup.

(Just like Carter and Richards wouldn't have brought Philly the cup IMO)

It's true, people would probably say that, but there still wouldn't be any merit to it. It certainly doesn't seem likely that Roy and Vanek are going to lead the Sabres to a Stanley Cup.

(Just like Carter and Richards wouldn't have brought Philly the cup IMO)

Tough to lead a team with zero goaltending to a Cup.

If fairness, LA isn't asking those two to lead them to the Cup like Philly was. They aren't "the guys" on the Kings. They're behind Brown, Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, etc. Yes, Carter had the game winner in OT of the most recent game, but he really hadn't contributed much since the middle of the Phoenix series. Before that game (the hat trick one), he hadn't contributed much in the playoffs. Richards has contributed more consistently, but he's still well behind Kopitar and Brown. Carter-Richards-Penner is a really nice second line.

Not to say that they weren't great acquisitions for the Kings, but Philly traded them from a position of strength at forward (look at there young guys, including several that they got back in the trades) to improve an area of major weakness (goaltending), which the Kings were already strong at. If Briz ever plays consistently well, then they will be a true contender without those two. If not, then that's where there mistake was really made, not in trading away Carter and Richards.

(Edit: oops, that's kind of a long-winded version of qwksndmonster's post at the top of the page.)

The kings only two losses in the postseason have come at home. Im curious if NJ will use that as motivation tonight. After clearly ouplaying LA in game 2 and still losing yet another OT I question where they are mentally.

This is a must win for the devils if they want a chance of sniffing glory, for the kings, they have to be better and get more offensive pressure

The kings only two losses in the postseason have come at home. Im curious if NJ will use that as motivation tonight. After clearly ouplaying LA in game 2 and still losing yet another OT I question where they are mentally.

This is a must win for the devils if they want a chance of sniffing glory, for the kings, they have to be better and get more offensive pressure

The Devils have to win tonight. And I expect them to. They worked too hard last game to be denied again.

What are the odds tonight goes to OT? :lol:

The kings only two losses in the postseason have come at home. Im curious if NJ will use that as motivation tonight.

Yeah, but they are 3-0 in game 3's at home. Not sure how much confidence NJ can get from the Kings only having won one of the three sweep games.

The Devils have to win tonight. And I expect them to. They worked too hard last game to be denied again.

What are the odds tonight goes to OT? :lol:

Im with you tonight, I think the kings will take the series, but the devils will win tonight.

And for added measure 3-2 devils......... in OT :)

Yeah, but they are 3-0 in game 3's at home. Not sure how much confidence NJ can get from the Kings only having won one of the three sweep games.

Good point, ya gotta think they'll come out on fire, the devils that is.

I wonder how long before this series gets ugly, it's been pretty tame up to this point.

Im with you tonight, I think the kings will take the series, but the devils will win tonight.

And for added measure 3-2 devils......... in OT :)

Good point, ya gotta think they'll come out on fire, the devils that is.

I wonder how long before this series gets ugly, it's been pretty tame up to this point.

Both games have been so frenetic I don't think they've even given a little dirty play a thought. If tonight's game slows down at all then something might happen.

Maybe if a team gets more than a one goal lead well see something. The kings PP is terrible but at the same time they are rock solid on the PK. This doesn't appear to be a series that special teams will decide, I suppose that's why im a lil surprised . Perhaps they don't know each other well enough being in opposite coasts. They should be well acquainted by this evening lol

Richards and Carter were important parts of Philly's core. I think they're having more success in LA because they already had a skilled core with leadership in place when they got there. They were the biggest douchebags on Philly before they left, and nothing will make me believe that Philly made the wrong move by trading them away. Flyers fans, on the other hand, might have a problem with it and whine about it. That's just fine with me.

So, Daniel Briere, whose departure from Buffalo left the huge leadership void which continues to plague this franchise (according to the newbie fans and media) couldn't control those boys? Yet player leadership is the Sabres' problem according to many on this board and our Buffalo media? Drury retires and Rangers go farther than ever in recent years? LOL Yes, we have a leadership problem, and it begings with DR and LR. Go LA.

Archived