2012 Stanley Cup Finals Kings vs Devils

TrueBlueGED

Guest Sloth

oof. The Sabres really are far away from competing for the Stanley Cup. I'm sad.

And to think the Sabres beat LA in Berlin 4-2 in the second game of the season. And to think Vegas had the Sabres as a heavy contender for the Cup at that time...

And to think the Sabres beat LA in Berlin 4-2 in the second game of the season. And to think Vegas had the Sabres as a heavy contender for the Cup at that time...

And to think Vegas is about making money...

Going to OT. Great pace so far, and a surprising amount of animosity already between two teams who probably weren't too familiar with one another. Should be a good series if this keeps up.

Devils fans were smiling and laughing behind Kopitar doing a post game interview. Hmmmm, I wonder where they found their free tickets? Maybe the NHL handed out free tickets to anyone so they could fill that arena. What a joke

Crazy to think that LA could win the SC having only played 18 playoff games. 9-0 on the road is insane... LA looked well rested and I'll bet they are not as beat up as the Devils are having had to play the Rangers last week.

Devils fans were smiling and laughing behind Kopitar doing a post game interview. Hmmmm, I wonder where they found their free tickets? Maybe the NHL handed out free tickets to anyone so they could fill that arena. What a joke

yeah if your smiling and laughing and not raging angry and breaking stuff cursing etc.. you aren't a die hard true fan...... lighten up francis its a game

Entertaining game to watch. Lots of intensity. I love Dustin Brown's game. Even though the shot totals were low I thought the game had plenty of action.

I don't think we'll see any blowouts in this series but I don't see it going to 7 games either. It looks to me LA has this one covered.

Maybe fans of teams that have been there before and won react differently?

I forgot to post my thoughts yesterday, but I think Kings are going to win in 6. I think the Devils will only win 1 home game, and 1 road game, and that'll be all she wrote. After watching the game last night, it's hard to waiver from my initial thoughts. The Devils could not sustain much pressure, but they were able to capitalize the one time they could, so I guess that's a bright spot. It seems as if the Kings have four unrelenting lines.

And as an aside, I am an eternal optimist, but wow...it feels like the Sabres are way off from the Kings level.

Anyone else realize that Hank Tallinder has a chance here to have his named etched on the cup? Having said that, Kings in 4.

Maybe I am overly observant about such things (and maybe it is the freedom of movement players have now with free agency) but it is interesting to see the number of former Sabres whose name has gone onto the Cup in recent years.

oof. The Sabres really are far away from competing for the Stanley Cup. I'm sad.

All too true. It will take a miracle in the off-season for me to generate much excitement about the Sabres come October.... :(

Entertaining game to watch. Lots of intensity. I love Dustin Brown's game. Even though the shot totals were low I thought the game had plenty of action.

I don't think we'll see any blowouts in this series but I don't see it going to 7 games either. It looks to me LA has this one covered.

The Devils had many opportunists to bury the puck and missed. The Devils lost the previous two Game 1s.

I think the kings will win, maybe im crazy, but I really thought the devils had the edge last night. They had more high% scoring chances than the kings and just seemed to forecheck decent. I think each coach will adjust and I think game 2 will tell a much bigger story in the series

Crazy to think that LA could win the SC having only played 18 playoff games. 9-0 on the road is insane... LA looked well rested and I'll bet they are not as beat up as the Devils are having had to play the Rangers last week.

The Devils had many opportunists to bury the puck and missed. The Devils lost the previous two Game 1s.

Exactly, the Devils looked overmatched at the start of the previous 2 series as well, and ended up winning. I don't think they have what it takes to beat LA 4 out of 6, but they're nothing if not resilient. I still expect a long series.

Archived